Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Florida Panthers (0-0) At Edmonton Oilers (1-0)

Post anything game related here

vCash
    I thought overall they looked good tonight. Booth, Weiss, and Frolik had very good games and that's encouraging. If they all stay healthy and can keep up the intensity they showed tonight they should all have very good years. Marty Reasoner had a good game too, and I can't complain about Bernier, Higgins, Olesz, and Dvorak either. I'm not a big Stillman fan and that stupid penalty he took to negate a 5-on-3 should have some consequences, that's unacceptable for a guy his age. I thought all of the defense looked good, especially Kulikov, I'm excited to watch him this year. I'm upset about Gudbranson not cracking the roster, but I guess they don't really need him yet. There were a few horrible turnovers, but hey, it's the first game, I'll let it slide. As for Vokoun, I thought he played decent, but a horrible second period. He needs to be on top of his game for sixty minutes every night, but he has 81 more to redeem himself, althought I would love to see Markstrom get some games at some point this year. Tough loss because I thought they played a great game, very good defensively and offensively, there were times the Oilers couldn't even touch the puck, and I noticed some great back-checking. I'm looking forward to this year, if they give that kind of effort game in and game out, they could really turn some heads.

vCash
    I agree with everything you said. It just about sums up my feelings lol

vCash
    I missed the third period tonight, but again I thought they played a decent game. They were a little sloppy in the D end and again had some egregious turnovers that led to some quality chances for the Canucks. Vokoun looked more on his game than he did last night and that's a good sign. Frolik had another strong effort, it's only a matter of time before he starts filling the back of the net. Weiss and Booth I thought were less noticeable than last night, but overall I thought it was a good effort after playing a tough game against the oilers last night. If anything, this team has showed some heart and effort this year and took two pretty tough teams down to the wire. Winning close games is important but you can't win them all I suppose.