Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash

New Here

Hello forum,
    My name is Lance, I am 30 and live in Chesapeake, VA. Just wanted to introduce myself, as I have been a daily reader of the Broncos page on ProSportsDaily.com. I also read the forums and have wanted to jump in with comments, and just never have. I figured what the hell.
    So, I figured I would give a little background on the level of my fanhood.
    I have been a Bronco fan since I was 10 yrs. old. I have always taken pride in being in a huge minority of Bronoco fans in my area (Norfolk/Va Beach). When I was young, my father had an office for his company in Colorado Springs, and returned from a trip one time with a #7 Jersey. The rest is history. I cried like a little girl after the 49er and Redkins superbowls. The Redskins game was particularly tuff as I live in Redskin Country (closest pro team). I mean come on we jumped out 10-0, WTF?
    I have been lucky enough to attend a few games. My first ever pro game was a Monday night game (Denver at Washington), in old RFK. We lost 30-0, but I did get to see Art Monk break what was at that point the all time receptions record. And for some reason, I always claimed Vance Johnson as my favorite player growing up. I had an authentic V.J. jersey made and wore it to the game. I got to meet him by the players tunnel and he signed it for me. He also called over Mark Jackson, so I got him to sign my hat. Made the 30-0 a little easier to swallow. Did I mention my Dad had an Art Monk Jersey on?
    I was at another Denver at Washington game the year we won the Super Bowl. Elway didn't play (injury) Bubby at QB, but TD smoked em. We won in a blow out, don't remember the final score.
    I was unfortunate enough to go to a playoff game in Baltimore the year they won the SB. I believe Gus Fergot was at QB, anyways, you know the outcome, we lost 21-3. They had a damn good defense though!
    And, my most current game was at Giant stadium, a few years ago. I'm sure you remember, when Eli beat us to Toomer in the last second. We were 7-1 I believe it was the AFC Championship year with Jake.
    One last thing on me being a fan. My birthday is January 11th, whcih happens to be the date of the drive and the date of Denver beating Pittsburgh in the AFC championship to play Green Bay.
    Sorry I went on so much. Anyways, I am here and will be commenting from time to time. Nice to be with fellow Bronco fans.
    Also, I was thinking, if there hasn't been one already, we should start a thread and have everyone list their personal top 10 favorite Bronco players of alltime. I just think it would be interesting to see, like I said, Vance would be on mine.

vCash
    Enjoy the forums and stay active if you have any questions just ask
    2/3 of the world is covered by water, the other 1/3 is covered by

CHAMP BAILEY!!

vCash
    Welcome Bronco247, If you don't see a thread than you an just start one.. Vance was my favorite player growing up, I was really bummed when he got into all the trouble with the law..

vCash
    Yea, if you want to make a thread feel free, all threads are welcome as long as they follow the site rules.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    1976, ran inside my house at age 5, playing football in the front yard with the neighborhood, saw a 1-handed catch by Rick Upchurch , and became a BRONCO! there's no other team nearly as close in any league, but an Angel fan, kings, .... it's all abot Broncos. Been going to bronco/charger game in SD every year for the past 12 years, hope see a game in Mile High......some day!

have a 10 year-old son watching Cut, as I did Elway......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootz24 View Post
    Grew up in Jersey, live in Indiana.. yet I'm a huge Bronco's fan. How?

I think it dates back to the mid 80's, sitting around watching a late afternoon Broncos game on a crisp fall day in the basement of my home with a crackling fire goin'... This pigeon toed QB named John Elway calmly takes the field down by a few with under 2:00 to go in the 4th... we all know how those pan out. As an impressionable 9 or 10 year old, I thought he was pretty damn cool and oddly enough liked the orange uniforms. I never looked back.
    Living in Indiana has one upside : Cutler.

My buddy sat next to Jay a few months back at a resturant, got the autograph and all that...

Another friend of mine lives right down the street from momma Cutler.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootz24 View Post
    Living in Indiana has one upside : Cutler.

My buddy sat next to Jay a few months back at a resturant, got the autograph and all that...

Another friend of mine lives right down the street from momma Cutler.
    Where are you from in Indiana?, I'm from there too.

I started being a Denver fan in 97' when the Broncos were upset by Jacksonville in the playoffs. Ever since then I have followed the team very closely, though dealing with Colts fans the past couple of years hasn't been easy.

vCash
    Are you two both from Santa Claus, Indiana? lol
    GIFSoup

DJ Roomba tearin' it up!

vCash
    Cool, try and get a hold of Jay and get us some interviews.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scheck View Post
    Are you two both from Santa Claus, Indiana? lol
    No, but I've been there. lol

I'd be willing to bet that Jay knows where I'm from. Id do my best on the interviews, but I'm not garenteeing anything.

vCash
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=mS6HX9-mh1Y&feature=related
    Sorry I didn't know where to post this.
    Hilarious bronco fan.
    DUKE.

vCash
    haha, that is the best representation of all broncos fans

...not

haha
    GIFSoup

DJ Roomba tearin' it up!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER71 View Post
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=mS6HX9-mh1Y&feature=related
    Sorry I didn't know where to post this.
    Hilarious bronco fan.
    I should ban you for that, that kid is an embarrassment to Bronco fans everywhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaCrush View Post
    1976, ran inside my house at age 5, playing football in the front yard with the neighborhood, saw a 1-handed catch by Rick Upchurch , and became a BRONCO! there's no other team nearly as close in any league, but an Angel fan, kings, .... it's all abot Broncos. Been going to bronco/charger game in SD every year for the past 12 years, hope see a game in Mile High......some day!

have a 10 year-old son watching Cut, as I did Elway......
    How's Charger stadium Invesco Field at Mile High is a great stadium seats are pretty confortable compared to coors and pepsi center.

vCash
    Scheck nice sig. Also welcome to DaCrush i dont believe i welcomed you.

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast