Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Broncos to Release Champ Bailey

Very sad day for Broncos fans. I will miss him a lot and i had hoped we would of tried him at safety. My username on PSD is named after Champ and it won't be the same without 24 in Denver next season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...espnapi_public
    Last edited by Mile High Champ; 03-05-2014 at 10:49 PM.

vCash
    They technically haven't released him yet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Game_Over View Post
    They technically haven't released him yet
    It's happening anyway..Champ pretty much addressed it.

vCash
    Champ is one GOAT, true Bronco! Great Career here! unfortunately we couldn't win a Superbowl for him here! sad!

I think its the right move, but something tells me he could comeback for a lot cheap.... I cant see him playing anywhere else! I just can't.

ROCK NATION!

vCash
    The only way I could possibly see Champ coming back is if he isn't signed by anyone in FA and one of the corners goes down at some point in the season. I would love to have him back at 1-2 mill cause I think his poor performance was more due to the lisfranc injury than him just not having it anymore, but from the sounds of it, the Broncos weren't interested in bringing him back at any price.
    You're talking to me all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, tell me, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!

vCash
    If they never even attempted to restructure he is not coming back. Elway took time to think about it and I think he came to the conclusion the Broncos would be better going in a different direction.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Game_Over View Post
    If they never even attempted to restructure he is not coming back. Elway took time to think about it and I think he came to the conclusion the Broncos would be better going in a different direction.
    makes me wonder who will get in FA now....

Id like, Alterraun Verner,or Sam Shields,or Charles Tillman, than re-sign DRC of course.

I don't really want Talib or Finnegan. too much off the field issues, seen them get burnt time to time, too inconsistent to rely on.

ROCK NATION!

vCash

ROCK NATION!

vCash
    Felt slightly sick when I saw this but I guess we have to be realistic.

vCash
    This really makes me sad, but it seemed inevitable. $10 mil was just too much to pay. I wish him all the best. He is truly one of my all-time favorite Broncos.
    "Nobody makes me bleed my own blood..... Nobody!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UKBronco58 View Post
    Felt slightly sick when I saw this but I guess we have to be realistic.
    I felt the exact same way when the news broke. $10 mill is a lot for any player though. Champ has been a rock in our defense since he has been here minus the last couple of seasons. Unfortunately, Father time has made his way onto Champ. He has been nothing but a professional and I will truly miss #24. His stats only went down the last 5 seasons or so because teams respected him so much, they didn't throw in his direction. Best of luck Champ! You will be missed!

vCash
    Thanks for the memories Champ. One of the best to wear the Navy and Orange. Best of luck going forward but the right move by the Broncos.

vCash
    It is a bit sobering to see Champ listed at #17 on Rotoworld's CB list. Is there a rhyme or reason for that ranking? It's not alphabetical, which makes me think they ranked them in terms of desirability or something.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

nykol is offline PSD's D.B.F. Nostradamus
    vCash
    Sad to see him go, hes been my favorite Bronco for quite some time. Even named my dogs after him.