Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

James Rodgers out for season, will apply for medical red shirt

Oregon State wide receiver James Rodgers' season is over due to a left knee injury.

Rodgers was injured on a tackle midway through the second quarter of the Beavers' 29-27 win at No. 9 Arizona on Saturday when he was brought down in the end zone after making an apparent 56-yard touchdown catch. The play was nullified by an ineligible receiver penalty.

"We are tremendously disappointed with the news that one of our team captains and leaders is sidelined for the rest of the season," Oregon State coach Mike Riley said in a statement. "I know James will stay very involved with the team during his rehabilitation process and we look forward to his return as soon as possible."

The release didn't describe the nature of the knee injury and a school spokesperson couldn't confirm the medical details either.

All, however, is not lost. Though a senior, Rodgers is eligible for a medical hardship year, per NCAA rules. Rodgers has not redshirted and has played in just four games after missing the Arizona State game on Oct. 2 due to a concussion. The school said it will submit paperwork to the Pac-10 for the hardship waiver at the conclusion of the season.

Rodgers, who earned first-team All-Pac-10 honors in 2009 and some preseason All-American attention this summer, has accumulated the second most all-purpose yards in the nation for active players with 5,784 and is the career leader for all-purpose yards at Oregon State.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5675417

Huge loss for us, lame it happened on a hit after he was 2 or 3 steps into the endzone. On the bright side he's eligible for a medical red shirt so we'll have him back 1 more season. Till then Wheaton will fill his spot nicely, he did great against Arizona when James went out.
    Portland Trail Blazers | New Orleans Saints

vCash
    James Rodgers is a helluva player. I'm sure he will bounce back from the knee and be a beast next year.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    That's a shame, but I pretty much knew he was done when I saw the play happen.

vCash
    The silver lining to this is the ensuring fact that the Brothers Rodgii will be back in Corvallis for a senior year. Such a shame though because he was en route to another solid year, and the return game certainly won't be the same. Wheaton will fill the role nicely but it just won't be the same.

vCash
    Man this was a terrible injury after i saw it the first time I couldn't bare to see it again (Too painful to watch that).

Hopefully the NCAA give him the redshirt so he can play next season.
    It would also give Quizz a big incentive to consider staying through the next season to continue playing with his brother instead of being tempted to the league.

My brother on the team said, when he was hobbling to the locker room a bunch of kids from the student section were throwing a ton of **** at him...

I thought the people at oregon were rough but this sort of bad sportsmanship is just embarrassing............
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous916 View Post
    Man this was a terrible injury after i saw it the first time I couldn't bare to see it again (Too painful to watch that).

It would also give Quizz a big incentive to consider staying through the next season to continue playing with his brother instead of being tempted to the league.

My brother on the team said, when he was hobbling to the locker room a bunch of kids from the student section were throwing a ton of **** at him...

I thought the people at oregon were rough but this sort of bad sportsmanship is just embarrassing............
    I live in Tucson and have to agree, Arizona fans are among the worst in the nation. It's embarrassing to be associated with a lot of them.

vCash

Yeah Arizona fans have always been terrible, the game a few years ago when they played the Ducks and Dixon went down I remember hearing one of the cheerleaders had a water bottle thrown on her and one of the players sprained an ankle from them rushing the field. Not to mention they hopped onto the field with like 3 minutes left in a close the game.

I think Quizz would have stayed anyway, he wouldn't get drafted as high if he left this year but James coming back ensures he's staying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SF25 View Post
    Yeah Arizona fans have always been terrible, the game a few years ago when they played the Ducks and Dixon went down I remember hearing one of the cheerleaders had a water bottle thrown on her and one of the players sprained an ankle from them rushing the field. Not to mention they hopped onto the field with like 3 minutes left in a close the game.

I think Quizz would have stayed anyway, he wouldn't get drafted as high if he left this year but James coming back ensures he's staying.
    You got it wrong, it was last year when the cheerleader was hit by a water bottle. The fans didn't actually rush the field, they left their seats and surrounded the field preparing to rush the field with less than a minute left before Oregon tied the game and forced OT. The school built a wall to hold the students in their area to prevent this from happening again in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    You got it wrong, it was last year when the cheerleader was hit by a water bottle. The fans didn't actually rush the field, they left their seats and surrounded the field preparing to rush the field with less than a minute left before Oregon tied the game and forced OT. The school built a wall to hold the students in their area to prevent this from happening again in the future.
    I laughed so hard when we came back and won that game after the premature celebration from Zona's fans. The water bottle incident was despicable, but I know that Oregon has done something similar a few years back so I'm not calling this only a U of A issue.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash

Yes were all bummed about Quon being out.. But on the bright side it does a few good things for this year and some great things for next:

This Year

1. I look for Quizz to start picking up his play. Not that hes been bad but he hasnt been his dominant self. Playing out the year for James shold provide extra motivation.

2. Wheaton and Bishop are now the men instead of being complimentary peices. Both have the talent to do just that and it will benifit them both as Juniors next year.

3. TE Haluhuni should become an even bigger part of the passing game.

4. Katz will gain more comfort in the Offense. Its not a coincidence that his play improved when James missed the ASU game with the concussion. That game and week of pratices seemed to make him start to go through his progressions better and find the open man instead of fixating on JR.

Next year

1. With all the guys above back and James Rodgers added back in the mix the 20111 Beavers offense should be extra prolific. Quizz, James, Wheaton, Bishop,Haluhuni, Obum Gwachm (red shirting this year) should provide a more experienced Uber confident Ryan Katz with an embarrassment of weapons!

Could be fun to wacth.
    Angels:
    Lakers:
    Rams:ray:
    OSU Beavers (Baseball):

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    Oh my bad then, I don't remember the whole thing since the Ducks aren't my team. I just remember the fans getting on the field prematurely and laughing my *** off about how retarded they were.

Quote Originally Posted by fresh prince View Post
    Next year

1. With all the guys above back and James Rodgers added back in the mix the 20111 Beavers offense should be extra prolific. Quizz, James, Wheaton, Bishop,Haluhuni, Obum Gwachm (red shirting this year) should provide a more experienced Uber confident Ryan Katz with an embarrassment of weapons!

Could be fun to wacth.
    Yeah we're gonna be great next year. Get James back and a year of experience under Katz belt.

vCash
    Oh my bad then, I don't remember the whole thing since the Ducks aren't my team. I just remember the fans getting on the field prematurely and laughing my *** off about how retarded they were.

Yeah we're gonna be great next year. Get James back and a year of experience under Katz belt.
    Yea that was really funny.
    People were on the field ready to rush only for them to lose that game. just shows how stupid & immature kids really are when they think nobody is watching.

Yea katz should get better by the game we just need the O-line to really start to step it up and create huge holes for quiz & time for Katz in the pocket.

Watch out for Geno Munoz since James is out. he is my brothers roommate & wow is he one ridiculous kid. Great hands he looks lost sometimes out on the field since he doesn't get much PT. hopefully he can step it up and become a nice target for Katz if he can put it all together on the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fresh prince View Post
    Yes were all bummed about Quon being out.. But on the bright side it does a few good things for this year and some great things for next:

This Year

1. I look for Quizz to start picking up his play. Not that hes been bad but he hasnt been his dominant self. Playing out the year for James shold provide extra motivation.

2. Wheaton and Bishop are now the men instead of being complimentary peices. Both have the talent to do just that and it will benifit them both as Juniors next year.

3. TE Haluhuni should become an even bigger part of the passing game.

4. Katz will gain more comfort in the Offense. Its not a coincidence that his play improved when James missed the ASU game with the concussion. That game and week of pratices seemed to make him start to go through his progressions better and find the open man instead of fixating on JR.

Next year

Could be fun to wacth.
    Spot-on in every aspect. Also look for senior Aaron Nichols to play a big role in the offense going forward. Throughout camp whenever Katz threw it anywhere near him he would snag it.

Gwacham is gonna be a STUD. He's got size, speed and athleticism, all three making him potentially a bigger threat than James at some point down the road. Think Randy Moss, but Gwacham won the Oregon high jump championship his senior year at 7'+. Just something to stew on.

Oregon State's offense is gonna be MONSTEROUS next year. Only pieces they lose are Linnenkohl (Center), Camp (TE and expendable) and Reese (see: Camp). With Halahuni already a key piece in the offense I don't think they will miss a beat with those two losses, and Cavanaugh has a proven track record in pushing out stud offensive lineman after another so I have no worries in the O-line department.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ElFuturoDeESPN View Post
    Spot-on in every aspect. Also look for senior Aaron Nichols to play a big role in the offense going forward. Throughout camp whenever Katz threw it anywhere near him he would snag it.

Gwacham is gonna be a STUD. He's got size, speed and athleticism, all three making him potentially a bigger threat than James at some point down the road. Think Randy Moss, but Gwacham won the Oregon high jump championship his senior year at 7'+. Just something to stew on.

Oregon State's offense is gonna be MONSTEROUS next year. Only pieces they lose are Linnenkohl (Center), Camp (TE and expendable) and Reese (see: Camp). With Halahuni already a key piece in the offense I don't think they will miss a beat with those two losses, and Cavanaugh has a proven track record in pushing out stud offensive lineman after another so I have no worries in the O-line department.
    Bro coach Cavanaugh is awesome.
    My brothers old roomate freshman year Colin Kelly was nicknamed- "Bird ****" by coach Cav. So awesome calling a 6'6 300 pound guy bird **** and not having him pummel your face into the concrete.

For real tho Coach Cav has been offered jobs in the NFL for the past 5-6 years from multiple teams. He is one of the best offensive line coaches in the NCAA & hopefully will continue to push some beasty lineman for the years to come.

vCash
    Yea that was really funny.
    People were on the field ready to rush only for them to lose that game. just shows how stupid & immature kids really are when they think nobody is watching.

Yea katz should get better by the game we just need the O-line to really start to step it up and create huge holes for quiz & time for Katz in the pocket.

Watch out for Geno Munoz since James is out. he is my brothers roommate & wow is he one ridiculous kid. Great hands he looks lost sometimes out on the field since he doesn't get much PT. hopefully he can step it up and become a nice target for Katz if he can put it all together on the field.
    Nice.. I actually did some research on him after I did the who is that guy? wHEN he caught that big first down catch last week or vs Asu (cant remember) but he seems to have a lot OF upside
    Angels:
    Lakers:
    Rams:ray:
    OSU Beavers (Baseball):

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast