Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,319
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    Well I for one agree with you and Hoosier saying the divide has always been there.

    But to me, Obama never was Bipartisan, mostly just paying lip service. No doubt the republicans have been a blockade.

    Also I've said on multiple times, I see no reason after Obama was elected for him to be Bipartisan, the country at the time wanted what he was wanting.
    I dont think that is true. Take for instance the big "debate" they had where they had all about 30+ politicians sit down and discuss their thoughts on the health care bill. Obama was the moderator and gave equal time to both sides to put their thoughts out there.

    The reason for this distinction, as i see it, is that conservatives and republicans view even the most moderate forms of liberalism and democrats as extreme whereas no democrat or liberal is truly happy with what was achieved because it doesnt fit the "liberal" platform as those who seek it layout.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    40,023
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I dont think that is true. Take for instance the big "debate" they had where they had all about 30+ politicians sit down and discuss their thoughts on the health care bill. Obama was the moderator and gave equal time to both sides to put their thoughts out there.

    The reason for this distinction, as i see it, is that conservatives and republicans view even the most moderate forms of liberalism and democrats as extreme whereas no democrat or liberal is truly happy with what was achieved because it doesnt fit the "liberal" platform as those who seek it layout.
    True, but to me, just listening to the others side with no intention of following threw, or more lining them up just so you can explain it better is just paying lipservice. Few Republican ideas went into it, in my opinion.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,319
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    True, but to me, just listening to the others side with no intention of following threw, or more lining them up just so you can explain it better is just paying lipservice. Few Republican ideas went into it, in my opinion.
    http://www.opencongress.org/articles...alth-Care-Bill
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    40,023
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    thanks, that def helps your point.

    Edit ----So no one gets the wrong idea, I was not being sarcastic.
    Last edited by behindmydesk; 10-04-2010 at 04:42 PM.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,175
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiercubsfan View Post
    This division started WAY before Obama was elected. This country has been divided for as long as I have been following politics actively. I remember the division being there with the impeachment trials of Clinton, continued through Bush v. Gore, all through the Bush presidency, and now continuing through Obama's presidency. You could make a case that it has continually gotten worse with each successive year though it for sure did not start with Obama.
    HCF, hold onto your chair, because I too agree with you, and I was having a discussion just the other day, and we pegged the start of the present version of the division of people to the year 1993. That is not to say that divisions did not exist before then, but that was about the time that the nature of the divisions changed.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    21,581
    vCash
    1500
    The country has been divided since day one.

    I don't view it as a problem.

    As far as the current dichotomy. Cab, when you talk about the nature changing, is it a point about tone?

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,175
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    The country has been divided since day one.

    I don't view it as a problem.

    As far as the current dichotomy. Cab, when you talk about the nature changing, is it a point about tone?
    Exactly.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •