Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    Personally i don't see why you couldn't/shouldn't do a 5x5 program...you should not only want to look strong, but actually be strong.

And at 20 years old, i'd recommend creatine as well as a protein supplement and multivitamin.
    You're right Hugh, technically he could do a 5x5 routine. But my issue with that is once he gets acclimated to it, what next? Why not get him adjusted to weight lifting concepts first because he is relatively new to fitness. This way he gets to learn technique and form first without potentially dong his body harm.

In regard to the creatine thing, I'm sure you know my stance on that, but it is all up to Jimbob if he really wants to use it, he could.

Protein and multi is a must!
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    You're right Hugh, technically he could do a 5x5 routine. But my issue with that is once he gets acclimated to it, what next? Why not get him adjusted to weight lifting concepts first because he is relatively new to fitness. This way he gets to learn technique and form first without potentially dong his body harm.

In regard to the creatine thing, I'm sure you know my stance on that, but it is all up to Jimbob if he really wants to use it, he could.

Protein and multi is a must!
    There are plenty of different programs he could do when he gets to the point where the 5x5 is no longer working for him. Not sure which 5x5 he is folllowing but there are many different programs..so that would be helpful to know.

I understand you're whole point about form and potentially injury risk. However, people are either going to learn good form or they wont...and i don't think that has anything to do with what program they are on.
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

vCash
    You guys know more than me, I'm open to doing the routine you think would get me off to the best start. In regards to supplements, again I dont know much, so if you could nudge me in the right direction that would be great!

Bobby D's Blues

vCash
    Im currently doing Stamina's plan and its pretty sweet. Got some good results, but I dont think its for getting big. Is it Stamina?

Personally i think if youre comfortable with the workout your on then stick with it. Maybe give us the specifics and we can help tune it to make it more efficient.

As far as supplements go, any multivitamin should work. Protein alot of people here use Dymatize Protein, but I've also heard good stuff about Myofusion. Those two choices are pretty good and not too expensive.

Cant comment on Creatine, sorry.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by {Ron!n} View Post
    Im currently doing Stamina's plan and its pretty sweet. Got some good results, but I dont think its for getting big. Is it Stamina?
    All depends on your rep counts. I believe we had you doing high reps so you could get adjusted correct?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbobjarree View Post
    You guys know more than me, I'm open to doing the routine you think would get me off to the best start. In regards to supplements, again I dont know much, so if you could nudge me in the right direction that would be great!
    I am not by any means a fan of ON products because I don't care for the taste, but that is just my opinion, others on here actually like that stuff.

Here is a link to a deal that they have going on, you get whey protein, casein and a multivitamin.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/op...ancestack.html

Otherwise, here is Myofusion protein by Gaspari Nutrition, I do like this one!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gn/myofusion.html

For Casein, you could do Probolic:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mhp/pro.html

Or my personal favorite Beverly International:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bev/ult.html

Here is the super Pak multivitamins I was referring to:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bev/sup.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    All depends on your rep counts. I believe we had you doing high reps so you could get adjusted correct?
    I actually started off on a low rep count (10 with 4 sets) but then I realised I have too much fat so I switched to the high rep.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    It all depends on whether or not you can deal with bad tastes or not.

There are some products out there that taste like crap, and if you have no problem downing something like that 1-2 times a day then i would go for that...because they are usually cheaper. For instance Dymatize Protein is relatively cheap and decent tasting. For a creatine you could just do a basic creatine mono but i would recommend mixing it with gatorade or some other kind of flavored drink.I have no problem taking terrible tasting products because its only 1 bad minute that i'm drinking them during my day.

If taste is important to you, then you will probably end up spending more money on supps.
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    It all depends on whether or not you can deal with bad tastes or not.

There are some products out there that taste like crap, and if you have no problem downing something like that 1-2 times a day then i would go for that...because they are usually cheaper. For instance Dymatize Protein is relatively cheap and decent tasting. For a creatine you could just do a basic creatine mono but i would recommend mixing it with gatorade or some other kind of flavored drink.I have no problem taking terrible tasting products because its only 1 bad minute that i'm drinking them during my day.

If taste is important to you, then you will probably end up spending more money on supps.

You my friend have one strong stomach!

vCash
    so I need a creatine/multi vitamin/protein? I'm confused!

I can deal with bad tastes to an extent if I can down it. The last one I had was so filling I couldnt down it as fast as others though, didnt taste too bad though.

Bobby D's Blues

vCash
    so I need a creatine/multi vitamin/protein? I'm confused!

I can deal with bad tastes to an extent if I can down it. The last one I had was so filling I couldnt down it as fast as others though, didnt taste too bad though.
    Protein is an everyday necessity for building strong muscles. Creatine is designed to provide mass, it is optional. a Multivitamin is a must also.

A small town called nunya god damn bidness
    vCash
    JIMBOB U A BEAST!!!!

Whats a good multivitamin to get?

vCash
    ^what he said

and should I continue along the 5x5 path, or should I take a different approach

also, anyone have better workouts for shoulders/arms etc?

Bobby D's Blues

vCash
    ^what he said

and should I continue along the 5x5 path, or should I take a different approach

also, anyone have better workouts for shoulders/arms etc?
    Staminas Shoulder Workout (Copyright 2010):

• Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise into Reverse Lateral Raise (machine) into Seated Incline Dumbbell Front Raises (4 sets/20 reps each = 60 reps completes one set.)

• Barbell Upright Row into Seated Barbell Military Press (4 sets/15 reps each = 30 reps completes one set)

• Behind the Back Barbell Shrugs (4 sets/20 reps)

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    I'm suing Ron!n

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast