Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Ever hear of Brady Anderson?

Maybe you shouldn't write in such definitive words when you don't know what the **** you are talking about.
    has it ever been proven that brady anderson took steroids?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Toronto is fairly neutral/average compared to other other parks.

If you paid attention you would see that use of single season park factors is generally frowned on. Go check the multi year stats instead.
    i was actually saying its neutral compared to other parks. dont know why arguing with me on that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    328 is not short. and the power alleys are noth 375. Obviously its not the biggest but its not a small park. They are many more hitter friendly parks than the rogers center.

I dont know how you came stats of he will hit less than 40 in PNC and less than 20 in the padres park.

PS the park facors stat is a joke. 2009 roger center was considered a pitcher friendly park but this year they re hitter friendly park.

but i appreciate you sticking up for Bautista.
    I don't know many of those stats but I know the ball jumps there especially for right handed hitters.

vCash
    Can some one close and delete this thread...I am tired of the "Roid Rage"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReJo View Post
    I don't know many of those stats but I know the ball jumps there especially for right handed hitters.
    no it doesnt. people just say that becuase jays are hitting alot hrs this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Russollini View Post
    agreed

vCash
    with most of the great home run hitters found out to be taken roids or ped's, i dont think its unfair to question why a guy who never hit more than 15 homers is able to hit 50+ this year. he may be completely clean, but with the steroid era still relatively recent, questions will emerge about how legit his season was in terms of using ped's.

vCash
    Most unlikely he's not juicin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jilly Bohnson View Post
    Here, let's actually take a look at this logically, since that's somethign this topic has sorely lacked.

-From 2006-2009, when Bautista was actually a major league regular, he averaged 15 homers a year. However, he did it as a part time player. Over the 660 PA's he has this year, that extrapolates out to 20 homers a year.

-The Rogers Center has been crazy homer friendly this year. By ESPN's park factors, it's been 37.9% more homer-friendly than an average park this year, compared to PNC park, which was very unfriendly for homers while he was there, and also for some reason Rogers center was below average last year. So this year the park factor is +37.9, while the four years previous his parks were -13.5%. Hell, park factors alone probably took him to nearly a 30 homer hitter.

-He's been hitting WAY more fly balls this year, which is probably the effect of his mechanical changes. From 06-09 he hit about 45% of his balls in play in the air. This year it's been 55. That's enough to make him a 35-40 homer hitter.

So basically, if you put everything together, we're talking about a guy who, after getting out of Pittsburgh and making some mechanical changes, is probably closer to a true talent 35 homer guy than the 20 homer guy we thought. And it's not crazy for a guy like that to fluke his way into 50 homers. Both Cecil and Prince Fielder have done it. Bautista could very easily be doing it completely clean.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Maybe not roids. But he's without a doubt using something. It's like the late 90's all over again. People can't be that closed minded to not see this. Can they?
    My God, how ignorant of a statement can one make?

How the hell exactly is it obvious that he is using something? Because he hit a bunch of homers?

I can't keep coming to this thread, it is hurting my head. Anyone that completely backs this sort of thing by saying 'oh he has to be on something, look at all the dingers' I honestly have to argue what sort of a baseball fan are you, and why do you even bother to watch?

Baseball, the game where anything can happen, and yet you criticize when something amazing does happen....what the hell is wrong with you people?

As I said in another thread, if you haven't, watched Ken Burns 10th inning on PBS....or the re-runs now, if that doesn't change your mind, I have about 150,000 articles you need to read....why be a fan of something and completely criticize when someone succeeds? Don't be ignorant, but it isn't your place to judge, if he has done something he isn't allowed to, it is on major league baseball and the players association to fix it, not yours to criticize and bash...if you aren't enjoying the game, quite watching and following it, for the rest of us, please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Russollini View Post
    Thank you, yes.

vCash
    Jeffy you can muti qoute you know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Oxlong View Post
    Jeffy you can muti qoute you know.
    i know, I just comment as I read....I probably should save them in multiple windows and then comment, you are correct.

Also, to add to players that peaked this late in their careers....Jeff Kent, Darren Daulton, Mickey Tettelton (def him) to only name a few more...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sox04rR View Post
    my friend thinks he didnt use anything, i keep telling him he did but he keeps arguing with me.. thoughts???
    Does your friend still believe in Santa Claus? Has he seen his career numbers next to each other? Its highly embarressing.

Brady Anderson part deux.

vCash
    I can't believe people think he is on roids. You must be the same people that actually think OJ Simpson was guilty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    I can't believe people think he is on roids. You must be the same people that actually think OJ Simpson was guilty.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast