Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins this NFC wild card matchup?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Packers

6 85.71%
  • Redskins

1 14.29%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

NFC WILD CARD GAME: #4 Washington Redskins (9-7) vs #5 Green Bay Packers (10-6)

Code:
    NFC Wild Card Game Washington Redskins VS Green Bay Packers Fed Ex Field Sunday January 10th 2016 4:40 PM EST
    2015 Passing Leaders
    QB Rating Yards Touchdowns Interceptions
    101.6 4166 29 11
    Kirk Cousins
    92.7 3821 31 8
    Aaron Rodgers
    2015 Rushing Leaders
    Yards Carries Yards Per Carry Touchdowns
    751 202 3.7 1
    Alfred Morris
    758 187 4.1 3
    Eddie Lacy
    2015 Receiving Leaders
    Yards Catches Yards Per Catch Touchdowns
    952 87 10.9 11
    Jordan Reed
    829 79 10.5 6
    Randall Cobb
    2015 Defensive Leaders
    Tackles Sacks Interceptions
    Dashon Goldson Ryan Kerrigan Bashaud Breeland
    110 9.5 2
    Ha Ha Clinton-Dix Julius Peppers Demarious Randall
    100 10.5 3

Ohhhhh bum is going to be mad at you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    Ohhhhh bum is going to be mad at you.
    Lol why

I think James Jones was our receiving leader this year. Not in receptions I guess, but at least in yards and I'm assuming touchdowns.
    2015 Adopt-a-Packer: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

I thought Cobb had like 500 yards lol

I personally feel as if we'll fair well in this matchup.

I live in the DMV so I'm checking tickets now. Hopefully I can head to the game. Tickets are going for 160 right now which isn't bad at all.

The question we have to ask is if the slurs are going to win, how are they going to beat us? In my opinion, their one dimensional offense plays into a strength of our defense. I truly believe we can match up man vs Jordan Reed, play contain with Deseann, and focus our sights on filling the gaps and attacking Cousins. I don't think our defense will be overwhelmed.

Offensively, I think we either blow them out, or we don't win. If our offense decides to click in the 4th quarter, we're not going to have enough time or talent to get the win before the end of the game. However if we get a couple of long drives behind Lacy and Starks via big runs and screen plays, we'll take the game.

Special teams is obviously a concern.

Damnit, a redskin fan made our game thread. I hope the pack can overcome this bad omen.

Quote Originally Posted by tru_m.a.c. View Post
    I personally feel as if we'll fair well in this matchup.

I live in the DMV so I'm checking tickets now. Hopefully I can head to the game. Tickets are going for 160 right now which isn't bad at all.

The question we have to ask is if the slurs are going to win, how are they going to beat us? In my opinion, their one dimensional offense plays into a strength of our defense. I truly believe we can match up man vs Jordan Reed, play contain with Deseann, and focus our sights on filling the gaps and attacking Cousins. I don't think our defense will be overwhelmed.

Offensively, I think we either blow them out, or we don't win. If our offense decides to click in the 4th quarter, we're not going to have enough time or talent to get the win before the end of the game. However if we get a couple of long drives behind Lacy and Starks via big runs and screen plays, we'll take the game.

Special teams is obviously a concern.
    Try to get an end zone seat and bring food for Lacy.

Don't turn the ball over and have our defense play well and force turnovers. This will probably be the only way we go far in the playoffs, don't see our offense caring us all the way but if we can force good field position for the offense then we should be fine. Just no TO's please

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

Not to take anything away from the skins and how hot Cousins has been lately, but they've been doing this against the NFC east & bottom half teams in the league.

I mean we definitely haven't been playing well enough to make me think we should win this game, but our defense is really underrated right now.

Washington is just being really overhyped right now IMO.

should be a close game though.

I like the match ups we have in this game.
    Last edited by Mathew; 01-06-2016 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew View Post
    Not to take anything away from the skins and how hot Cousins has been lately, but they've been doing this against the NFC east & bottom half teams in the league.

I mean we definitely haven't been playing well enough to make me think we should win this game, but our defense is really underrated right now.

Washington is just being really overhyped right now IMO.

should be a close game though.

I like the match ups we have in this game.
    They had such an easy schedule this season, and all of their wins were against .500 & under teams. We SHOULD be able to win this one but in the playoffs anything can happen

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

I just don't have any expectations really, even if we do come out playing well & with a big win its hard to have faith that it continues. Just gonna hope for solid football and Ws.

We are underdogs in this game and maybe its better that way.

I don't think I've seen such an epic decline from a GB team.

But you are right anything can happen in the playoffs, including a run. Imagine if we are able to host a home championship game after everything that has taken place this season

Well in 2010 they unleashed secret weapon Starks in the playoffs for a newly found run game.

So this year is secret weapon Janis (and Abby) with a new wide open passing attack right?

RIGHT?

How bad of a route runner is Janis if he can't see the field in this offense? He must be dreadful enough that we can't say to him, "go run down the field as fast as you can, and if they cheat you on a deep route, stop and turn around" a half dozen times a game.

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    Well in 2010 they unleashed secret weapon Starks in the playoffs for a newly found run game.

So this year is secret weapon Janis (and Abby) with a new wide open passing attack right?

RIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by cubsbaseball777 View Post
    How bad of a route runner is Janis if he can't see the field in this offense? He must be dreadful enough that we can't say to him, "go run down the field as fast as you can, and if they cheat you on a deep route, stop and turn around" a half dozen times a game.
    The million dollar question

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast