Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

A Look ahead to 2015 Free Agency, Who would you want the Hawks to go after?

The 2015-2016 NBA salary cap is projected to be 66.3 million and some experts are projecting it to jump to 75-80 mil with the new TV revenue kicking in 2016-2017. The Hawks as of today have 41.215 committed after this season. Horford, Teaugue, Korver, Sefolosha, Scott, Mack, Bazemore, Payne, Schroeder, and an option on Muscala, make up the Hawks commitments beyond 2014-2015 season. IMHO the Hawks will at least make a significant effort to re-sign Milsap, Never the less we will be 23 million under the cap. We've all heard the rumors about Monroe notably and others. Who would you like to see the Hawks go after and contract numbers along with your suggestion?

Notable Free Agents:
    DET Monroe
    ATL Milsap
    CHI Butler (R)
    BOS Greene (player option)
    BRK Lopez (Player option)
    BRK Garnett
    CHA Jefferson ( Player option)
    CHA Henderson ( Player option)
    CHI Dunleavy
    CLE James (Player option)
    CLE Love ( Player Option)
    DAL Chandler
    DAL Ellis
    GS Green.... Keep an eye on this guy as an under the radar player. Can make the 3 and D up.
    LAC Jordan
    LAL Hill
    MIA Deng (Player Option)..... He's the on most likely not come! Yep even over LBJ!
    MIA Granger
    MINN Young (ETO)
    NO Asik
    NO Rivers
    NY Shumpert
    NY Acey
    NY Bargnani
    NY Smith ( Player option)
    OKC Perkins
    PHX Green
    POR Aldridge ...... 2nd most likely not to have interest in Atl, loves Por!
    POR Mathews
    SAC Williams
    SA Daye
    SA Green
    UTH Kanter

Tried to only name Players that fit what the Hawks are trying to do. Some may have already signed ext. Feel free to name any you think I left out.
    Last edited by SB75; 01-05-2015 at 10:48 PM.

vCash
    As of now without considering where our draft picks land, I want to go after Butler and Monroe! Butler turned down a multi year offer from the Bulls worth 11 mil a year according to Adrian Wojnarowski. He's also said he loves Chi, so he will be a tough get. However Chi does have 61 Mil committed to 8 players for the 2015-2016 season, So we may be able to simply out bid them. Det has improved since dumping Smith, so it's not so certain that Monroe jumps ship.

Butler 4yrs/ 50 mil..... that would be 6 mil more than the Bulls offer over the life of the contract. We could offer more with a trade of Mack, Scott, or Bazemore.

Monroe 4yrs/ 42 mil.... I have not heard anything on what he wants in a contract.

My 2nd tier consolation would be a combination of one of the Green's ( Jeff or Gerald) and Gasol.

Jeff Green 3yrs/24 mil
    or
    Gerald Green 3yrs/18 mil

Marco Gasol 4yrs/60 Mil

The second move makes us better initially, However it does not have the long term upside.

vCash
    I would try to outbid for Butler. Gasol would be great too, but sounds like he might be Knicks big target.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    I would try to outbid for Butler. Gasol would be great too, but sounds like he might be Knicks big target.
    Yep, Im hearing Gasol maybe number one on a few teams list of targets. With the way we are currently constructed, I think Butler should be our number one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    Bulls will match all offer sheets then worry about a salary dump later of Gibson. I suggested same idea on Bucks board to over pay for Jimmy then watch Bulls sweat. But they got all year to trade a player for TPE salary dump. Gasol probably stays with Grizzlies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Bulls will match all offer sheets then worry about a salary dump later of Gibson. I suggested same idea on Bucks board to over pay for Jimmy then watch Bulls sweat. But they got all year to trade a player for TPE salary dump. Gasol probably stays with Grizzlies.
    It's not that simple for the Bulls. They would have the Lux Tax to pay sign him. So they would not have all year to dump Gibson, it would have to be before the season starts. Gibson also makes 8 mil a year so trading him with only picks coming back, does not clear the room they need for a max contract considering they only have 9 player with guaranteed contracts coming back next year and have 61 mil already allocated... They where able to offer Melo the Max because they had not signed Pau yeti and they tried to work S&T deals for Melo....., add in that the Bulls are 4 and 7 over ther last 11 games and coach T may be forced out at years end ( according to rumors he and the front office have serious issues). While I think the odds are still with the Bulls re-signing him, I don't think its a slam dunk or guaranteed anymore and contract wise it's definitely not as easy as proposed above.

Who would be your number two target for the Hawks?
    Last edited by SB75; 01-31-2015 at 08:58 AM.