Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Millsap - Asik Swap?

Hi guys, Golden State fan and was thinking about this and wanted to know what you guys thought. I might post a similar thread in the Rockets forum, but their fans are the biggest a-holes in the league, & I don't need all their homer b.s. I got way more respect for ATL fans.

I think Asik for Millsap straight swap would make both teams better. I like both players a lot, but I don't feel like Millsap is the right fit next to Horford. Asik would give you more length and allow Horford to slide to the four, making the defense better while keeping scoring well rounded. Sap-Horford is just too undersized IMO.

Sap fits better next to Howard than Asik. He's a way more versatile scorer and good pick and roll defender. Asik is pretty bad there actually, 0.97 ppp vs. 0.8 ppp for Sap, but Horford is good at 0.78 ppp and can cover the pnr defensive duties.

Thanks for the input everyone.

vCash
    I agree with your assessment (and appreciate you providing stats to back up your post). Millsap is better than Asik, and Paul has a great contract, so I'd want the Rockets to add a decent wing or a pick.

vCash
    If I'm not mistaken, Sap can't be traded until a couple of months into the season. I would definitely trade Sap if it meant getting Asik to play the 5 for the Hawks. I wonder if Sap is the type of PF Morey wants to start next to Dwight..
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    highly plausible, but again, need at leas a couple months into the season to work.

both of them were ranked around top 15 in RAPM last year, they're both super underrated awesome players.

money going forward is essentially the same too.

it's a interesting trade to visit by mid season, depending on how either team is doing, the Rockets do have another concern involved here which is that the Rocket's defense completely sunk whenever Asik left the floor last year, this would figure to be the same if they only replace him with Dwight , but if they had both that really eliminate the problem.

So the question is, is Milsap + Dwight for 15-20 min together a bigger improvement than the 15 ish min Asik play without Howard? because that difference was huge. and at last on paper right now, the Rockets first team should be just fine regardless of what their PF do. given that they did fine with their PF doing nothing anyway.

Also, Dwight Howard gets into foul trouble A LOT in the playoffs, so this may be another big concern for them for keeping Asik.
    Last edited by RollingWave; 08-01-2013 at 04:13 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Sap can't be traded until a couple of months into the season. I would definitely trade Sap if it meant getting Asik to play the 5 for the Hawks. I wonder if Sap is the type of PF Morey wants to start next to Dwight..
    My thoughts exactly, not to mention sliding Horford to 4. I would be all for this...

vCash
    Thanks for the info, top notch.

I'm also a Rockies fan. Can you ask the Braves management for a little mercy tonight? MERCY, MERCY!

vCash
    From the Rockets perspective, I think they'll probably want to give it a year and see if they can make Howard + Asik work, because their theoretical peak would be better if Asik is still on the roster while one of their young PF develops. the two wouldn't play a lot together, maybe 5-10 min each game. would their spacing be so bad to not even allow that? or would it actually turn out ok? or would it turn out that they can actually hit some mid range shots just that it didn't make any sense to when they're the main big. it's an experiment worth trying certainly , since the defensive potential is insane.

Asik is understandably not very happy about the situation, but he's not the type that is likely to just stop playing well because of such things, and at the end of the day, winning cures a lot of things. and I'm fairly sure they'll somehow find near starter minutes for him.

again, seem to be more reasonable to visit by the end of the season.

vCash
    You know when a trade seems like COMMON SENSE to the general public... it'll never happen. Somehow you're gonna see HOU or ATL make a trade for something completely unnecessary and we'll all laugh and like WTF?!?!?

I point to Minnesota Timberwolves taking like 8 PGs in 2 years.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    Well no, there could be other very real reasons that it doesn't happen, one of them gets hurt, start playing a lot worse / better, or one or both team feel their combo actually works very well. in fact, one of those things happening seems fairly likely