Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Well first game this year. Got a crew together for today's game. Hopefully the Cat's can put up some points against Michigan's suspect defense. Because I don't see them shutting down Shoelace much. If anybody want's to tailgate PM me.

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Come on NU...You are my upset pick this week!

Eventhough Michigan is vastly overrated.

vCash
    So you guys just scored 59 points last week, I suspect that offense will have a lot of confidence coming into Lincoln. Our defense only gave up 3 points last week, something's gotta give!

vCash
    Props to NW for taking out the Huskers for us. Little more worried about the trip to Evanston though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Devils05 View Post
    Props to NW for taking out the Huskers for us. Little more worried about the trip to Evanston though
    You should be, you almost lost to Minnesota! BTW, don't forget that trip to Iowa!

vCash
    Yeah everyone's attention is on Iowa

vCash

Kyle Prater eligible to play for Northwestern

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...r-northwestern

Northwestern received some good news on Tuesday when the NCAA announced that wide receiver Kyle Prater, who transferred from USC earlier this year, will be eligible to compete for the Wildcats when the 2012 season opens Sept. 1.

Prater was given a residence waiver from the NCAA allowing him to bypass the one-year wait period traditionally required of transfers in FBS football.

"Kyle has worked extremely hard since coming to Northwestern to prepare himself for this season and it's great that he will be rewarded for that effort," Wildcats head coach Pat Fitzgerald said in a statement released by the school.

Prater will immediately bolster a Northwestern receiving corps that graduates three of its top five reception leaders from 2011. The 6-5, 220-pounder should make Wildcats quarterback Kain Colter very happy with his soft hands and pterodactyl-like wing span. In time, he'll also provide a physical presence on the perimeter in the run game.

"I'm thankful for this decision from the NCAA and am ready to be on the field with my teammates when this season begins," said Prater, who has three years of eligibility remaining with the Wildcats.

Prater was rated the No. 1 receiver and third amongst all players nationally by Rivals.com coming out of Proviso West High in Hillsdale, Ill., in 2010. His brief USC career was marred by minor injuries, forcing him to redshirt in the fall of 2010. By the time he was healthy again, he found himself buried on the depth chart behind current Trojan All-American Robert Woods and 2011 freshman phenom Marqise Lee. Prater played in 10 games last season, but caught only one pass for six yards.

He was granted his release from USC this past January.
    This is big for Northwestern, a program that rarely signs 4 star athletes out of High School, to get a former 5 star who still has 3 years of eligibility. NU usually has smallish WR's who rely on the spread offense and the QB running around to get open. It will be nice to have a large talented WR as the go to wideout.

vCash
    I've watched a few NW games this season. A buddy of mine from high school is one of the captains this year
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

vCash
    Solid season for NU. Hopefully they can continue it into next season.

vCash
    Highest ranked non sanctioned team in the Big Ten!!

vCash
    People are going a little crazy for College Gameday at NU this weekend. I think I'm too old for that stuff but I'll be tailgating by 2:30-3pm. Should be fun!!

vCash
    Go U NU!

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12