Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Va Beach by way of NJ by way of Staten Island
    vCash

Metal, Metalcore, Screamo, Hardcore

I know I'm not the only one in here that listens to the hard stuff, don't get me wrong I like rap, but I wanna talk about the metal and all related to the metal.

Bands I like:
    Poison the Well, Underoath, August Burns Red, This or the Apocalypse, Enter Shikari, too many to name really.

DISCUSS!
    WWW.INDUCTDONNIE.COM
    Click here show your support for Donnie Baseball

c'mon son!

vCash
    All pretty good bands right there. Enter Shikari is weird as hell but still great in its own way. Some of my favs outside the ones you named are A Day to Remember, Bullet for my Valentine, In Flames, Haste the Day, Atreyu, Dry Kill Logic, Killswitch Engage, Protest the Hero, and It Dies Today.

Protest the Hero is a really really good unknown band that mixes a ton of stuff into their music. It's not really metal but it mixes some of that type of music in. Their first album, Kezia, is a ****ing masterpiece. Complex stuff, it follows a murder from 3 different prospectives, murderer, prison guard, and victim. I talk them up every chance I get.
    Last edited by 1-800-STFU; 09-27-2010 at 12:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    All pretty good bands right there. Enter Shikari is weird as hell but still great in its own way. Some of my favs outside the ones you named are A Day to Remember, Bullet for my Valentine, In Flames, Haste the Day, Atreyu, Dry Kill Logic, Killswitch Engage, Protest the Hero, and It Dies Today.

Protest the Hero is a really really good unknown band that mixes a ton of stuff into their music. It's not really metal but it mixes some of that type of music in. Their first album, Kezia, is a ****ing masterpiece. Complex stuff, it follows a murder from 3 different prospectives, murderer, prison guard, and victim. I talk them up every chance I get.
    Sir your a badass didnt no know you like Protest the Hero too Boneyards is such an amazing song bye them we like all the same bands by the way!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Telios9 View Post
    Sir your a badass didnt no know you like Protest the Hero too Boneyards is such an amazing song bye them we like all the same bands by the way!

Packers fans and Bears fan uniting. Never thought I'd see the day.
    Last edited by 1-800-STFU; 09-28-2010 at 05:28 PM.

vCash
    Protest the Hero is awesome, ADTR and bullet are on the top of my list as well but I could probably fill a whole page with bands I like, get get real into some of the bands off of facedown records, war of ages and means and the rest all pretty good, I saw an LA hardcore band Lion Heart a month ago they were pretty good, kinda mid ninetys style hardcore it was cool and nostalgic.
    WWW.INDUCTDONNIE.COM

c'mon son!

vCash
    Not really into Screamo...I love all different types of metal tho. I love me some Pantera, Slayer, and Metallica. Lamb of God is awesome. I really have been getting into progressive metal as of late Agalloch, Between the buried and me, Opeth. I'll listen to **** like All That Remains, killswitch, diecast etc, but it is not my number one choice.

NY hardcore is ****ing awesome Sick of it All, Reagan Youth, Agnostic Front, Madball etc

I barely come on this forum because everyone talks about commercial rap, which I'm not into. It's great to talk about some metal
    Last edited by OptimisticNot; 09-28-2010 at 01:04 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimisticNot View Post
    Not really into Screamo...I love all different types of metal tho. I love me some Pantera, Slayer, and Metallica. Lamb of God is awesome. I really have been getting into progressive metal as of late Agalloch, Between the buried and me, Opeth. I'll listen to **** like All That Remains, killswitch, diecast etc, but it is not my number one choice.

NY hardcore is ****ing awesome Sick of it All, Reagan Youth, Agnostic Front, Madball etc

I barely come on this forum because everyone talks about commercial rap, which I'm not into. It's great to talk about some metal
    Agreed...I grew up in the 90's NJHC scene and it was awesome, sick of it all and madball used to play all the time huge NJ vs NY pits it was nuts

and

Yeah I noticed that too, I like rap but I can't keep up with it enough to talk about it hey did you hear that new young squishee featuring spank o' dile and the chick from paramore?
    that's why I love metal you get a day to remember with special guest screamer Mike Hranica from the devil wears prada an he's not even credited
    WWW.INDUCTDONNIE.COM

c'mon son!

vCash
    Its all about Demon Hunter

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    I must be out of touch from my high school metal days. Was expecting to see Sepultura, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Type O Negative, etc.

I don't think I've heard of ANY of those bands in the OP. So sad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I must be out of touch from my high school metal days. Was expecting to see Sepultura, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Type O Negative, etc.

I am an avid metal listener and I have only heard of one or two bands in the OP and like non of them. Just because you don't know those ones doesn't mean you've completely lost touch.

vCash

I don't really listen to death metal like Morbid Angel and Cannibal Corpse like I used to. But I like bands like Sepultura, Slayer, Pantera, Metallica. Or some good metalcore and black metal like Lamb of God, Walls of Jericho, Unearth, Dark Funeral, All Shall Parish, Arch Enemy, At the Gates and I'm set. I can't stand most of the "metal" these young kids listen to nowadays, this screamo "WAHHHH!!!!! I broke off with my girlfriend" ********. Give me some real rifts, give me some good breakdowns, and some lyrics about destroying things, giving the finger to religion, praising death, and all out craziness.

vCash

Well most of the bands posted in this thread are core bands, because that's what most young peoples consider metal these days.

I love Sepultura and Morbid Angel, Type O is decent, but these bands are no longer relevant, Morbid Angel's last album was a joke and Sepultura has been irrelevant since Max Cavalera left. Never big on CC, one of the most overrated bands in music history IMO.

vCash

It's because the ones in the OP aren't metal...

vCash

let me hook u up with newer "metal"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimisticNot View Post

Certainly not true if you read some of the things that go down here.
    But for metal, I'm very specific about what I like. I don't like the screaming aspect of it at all. Which is why I don't like Master of Puppets by Metallica.
    I like more Iron Maiden and more glam metal (like Motley Crue)

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast