Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Best rock album last 10 years

I dont listen to any hip hop or rap so I thought that getting some Ideas from people who have my limited musical interest might be cool.
    IDC about genre, Metal,Goth, emo,pop rock...its all rock to me.
    IMO
    Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge is my#1(last 10 years)
    The "radio" songs didnt attract me to this group as say Third Eye Blinds debut did(which is probably my #2)But once I got into the rest of the tracks on the CD,its one of those rare compilations where each song is better then the last and picking a favorite is an excercise in futility that will last until the next track kicks.

Its not a fashion statement its a death wish
    To the end, and You know what they do to guys like us in prison
    are all ringtones on my phone.

what are some of your favorites out there and please try and describe why.
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

vCash
    Nickelback - All The Right Reasons

vCash
    10,000 Days

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Radiohead - In Rainbows
    Black Keys - Attack & Release
    Alt-J - An Awesome Wave
    Cold War Kids - Robbers & Cowards
    LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver
    Arcade Fire - Funeral

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    10,000 Days
    Nailed it

vCash
    Bruce Springsteen "We shall overcome: the Seeger Sessions"

The Stroke Room on Fire

Amy Winehouse back to black

Good question. I'm having trouble thinking of something that really rocks in the past 10 years. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    I can't in good conscience put latter day Radiohead (which is think is simply mediocre) or 10,000 Days (which is good but pales when compared to the first 3). For a rock album I like The Hold Steady's Separation Sunday. The vocalist will likely turn people off, especially since he doesn't sing much on early albums, but the chunky riffs and catchy choruses are there. A fine album, but not one made for the masses.

vCash
    I like the Hold Steady. Anyway, just went through my Itunes and i think the right answer is Johnny Cash "when the man comes around". The Libertines came in a distant second

vCash
    For me:

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Show Your Bones and Fever to Tell
    Incubus - A Crow Left of the Murder
    The Killers - Sam's Town and Hot Fuss
    Metric - Fantasies

Muse has had some good stuff, too
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    tough call there. some of my favorite were:

Rise Against: Appeal to Reason/Endgame/The suffer and the witness (i'm huge rise against fan)
    Disturbed: Indestructible
    Breaking Benjamin: Phobia
    Chevelle: Vena Sera
    BulletProof Messenger: The Crucial Line
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Muse - Origin of Symmetry
    The Killers - Sam's Town (criminally underrated)
    White Stripes - Elephant

vCash
    Brand New - Devil and God
    Coheed - Second Stage/In Keeping Secrets/ Good Apollo 1
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Since Lateralus and AEnima are my favorite Tool albums, I can't go with 10,000 Days because it's not on the same level imo even though it's a very good album.

I like The Sufferer & The Witnesses the most out of all the Rise Against albums, but I wouldn't say it's the best.

I'll go with Panopticon from Isis. That album is amazing, the atmospheric-mood that is set is outstanding.

vCash
    Thanks guys ,some of theose Ive heard , others Ive not.
    I will definetly check out all your offereings, it seems some curious selections made it in,
    I cant in all good faith call johnny Cash a Rock artist,
    yes I know his early career and his last offereings, but although I was broad in my description, some limitations should apply.

anyone who dissmissed MCR as a EMO band, take a moment to listen to these four tracks.
    I pay no attention to the theatrical part of music promotion,its silly.I just listen to music and if its good ,then its good. These guys may be heavily reliant on the repetion of some musical phrasing, and dark lyrics but they are a legit rock band.

This song was released as the third single off their fourth album everywhere but the US(?).
    It reached 13 on the british charts andwas the bands first balllad.Ballads are a lot easier to write then real rager,but just to examine their versatility I ll post it 1st.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO9Lj0T93Xk

second is my current favorite off Three cheers,
    The Title has the ambiguous and wordy nonsense beiong used by Fall out Boy and others these days, but the song itself is death.
    Its not a fashion statement its a (fing)deathwish
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACMeM7UegIs

I really like the guitar work on these last two tracks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEVAxsZZrWQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaANbuhvUS4

some thoughts on some of the other bans mentioned.
    Muse is Brilliant, they mix genres so smoothly,and unlike say, coldplay,they try to expand thier versaltitity.

Radiohead was on the verge of Rock superstardom when they went all native and started intentionaly trying to shed the label of a Rock band.While their genius cant be ignored,Im not so mauch a fan of the techno and drum yand experimentation.Pablo Honey and The Bends(Prticularly the bends)are still close to the top of My CD stack,but all the latter stuff I could do without.

The white strips and the Killers are good bands but their sounds are very derivative of lesser known acts in the 80s,Im not saying they are not good, Im saying Ive heard it all before.
    beyond that Ill enjoy some of the suggestions.
    STORK WAS RIGHT!
    Mcfadden is useless

vCash

ewing

Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    Thanks guys ,some of theose Ive heard , others Ive not.
    I will definetly check out all your offereings, it seems some curious selections made it in,
    I cant in all good faith call johnny Cash a Rock artist,
    yes I know his early career and his last offereings, but although I was broad in my description, some limitations should apply.

anyone who dissmissed MCR as a EMO band, take a moment to listen to these four tracks.
    I pay no attention to the theatrical part of music promotion,its silly.I just listen to music and if its good ,then its good. These guys may be heavily reliant on the repetion of some musical phrasing, and dark lyrics but they are a legit rock band.

This song was released as the third single off their fourth album everywhere but the US(?).
    It reached 13 on the british charts andwas the bands first balllad.Ballads are a lot easier to write then real rager,but just to examine their versatility I ll post it 1st.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO9Lj0T93Xk

second is my current favorite off Three cheers,
    The Title has the ambiguous and wordy nonsense beiong used by Fall out Boy and others these days, but the song itself is death.
    Its not a fashion statement its a (fing)deathwish
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACMeM7UegIs

I really like the guitar work on these last two tracks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEVAxsZZrWQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaANbuhvUS4

some thoughts on some of the other bans mentioned.
    Muse is Brilliant, they mix genres so smoothly,and unlike say, coldplay,they try to expand thier versaltitity.

Radiohead was on the verge of Rock superstardom when they went all native and started intentionaly trying to shed the label of a Rock band.While their genius cant be ignored,Im not so mauch a fan of the techno and drum yand experimentation.Pablo Honey and The Bends(Prticularly the bends)are still close to the top of My CD stack,but all the latter stuff I could do without.

The white strips and the Killers are good bands but their sounds are very derivative of lesser known acts in the 80s,Im not saying they are not good, Im saying Ive heard it all before.
    beyond that Ill enjoy some of the suggestions.
    You still have an active CD stack?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast