Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast
    Va Beach by way of NJ by way of Staten Island
    vCash

Metal, Metalcore, Screamo, Hardcore

I know I'm not the only one in here that listens to the hard stuff, don't get me wrong I like rap, but I wanna talk about the metal and all related to the metal.

Bands I like:
    Poison the Well, Underoath, August Burns Red, This or the Apocalypse, Enter Shikari, too many to name really.

DISCUSS!
    WWW.INDUCTDONNIE.COM
    Click here show your support for Donnie Baseball

c'mon son!

vCash
    All pretty good bands right there. Enter Shikari is weird as hell but still great in its own way. Some of my favs outside the ones you named are A Day to Remember, Bullet for my Valentine, In Flames, Haste the Day, Atreyu, Dry Kill Logic, Killswitch Engage, Protest the Hero, and It Dies Today.

Protest the Hero is a really really good unknown band that mixes a ton of stuff into their music. It's not really metal but it mixes some of that type of music in. Their first album, Kezia, is a ****ing masterpiece. Complex stuff, it follows a murder from 3 different prospectives, murderer, prison guard, and victim. I talk them up every chance I get.
    Last edited by 1-800-STFU; 09-27-2010 at 12:05 PM.

vCash
    Protest the Hero is awesome, ADTR and bullet are on the top of my list as well but I could probably fill a whole page with bands I like, get get real into some of the bands off of facedown records, war of ages and means and the rest all pretty good, I saw an LA hardcore band Lion Heart a month ago they were pretty good, kinda mid ninetys style hardcore it was cool and nostalgic.
    WWW.INDUCTDONNIE.COM

c'mon son!

vCash
    Not really into Screamo...I love all different types of metal tho. I love me some Pantera, Slayer, and Metallica. Lamb of God is awesome. I really have been getting into progressive metal as of late Agalloch, Between the buried and me, Opeth. I'll listen to **** like All That Remains, killswitch, diecast etc, but it is not my number one choice.

NY hardcore is ****ing awesome Sick of it All, Reagan Youth, Agnostic Front, Madball etc

I barely come on this forum because everyone talks about commercial rap, which I'm not into. It's great to talk about some metal
    Last edited by OptimisticNot; 09-28-2010 at 01:04 AM.

vCash
    Biohazard....listen.

vCash
    ^^^ Agreed....old biohazard not the newer stuff Tera Patrick took Evan's edge away, everything after uncivilization isn't my cup o' tea and even that one really isn't that great...urban discipline still makes me go nuts great album
    WWW.INDUCTDONNIE.COM

c'mon son!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-STFU View Post
    All pretty good bands right there. Enter Shikari is weird as hell but still great in its own way. Some of my favs outside the ones you named are A Day to Remember, Bullet for my Valentine, In Flames, Haste the Day, Atreyu, Dry Kill Logic, Killswitch Engage, Protest the Hero, and It Dies Today.

Protest the Hero is a really really good unknown band that mixes a ton of stuff into their music. It's not really metal but it mixes some of that type of music in. Their first album, Kezia, is a ****ing masterpiece. Complex stuff, it follows a murder from 3 different prospectives, murderer, prison guard, and victim. I talk them up every chance I get.
    Sir your a badass didnt no know you like Protest the Hero too Boneyards is such an amazing song bye them we like all the same bands by the way!

vCash
    My favorite current heavy metal band is probably Parkway Drive.

As I Lay Dying is great as well

vCash
    my favorite bands in these genres are every time i die, as i lay dying, bring me the horizon, august burns red, evergreen terrace, greeley estates & architects. some other bands that i like are comeback kids, vanna, of mice & men and norma jean.

protest the hero is awesome, such talented musicians. another band which is right up that ally is the fall of troy who are pretty sick themselves.

i am def excited for this upcoming fall, alot of these bands are coming to CT which is def awesome!

i actually saw as i lay dying this past saturday, completely awesome sick show. if they are touring near you i highly suggest you see them.

drink bleach.

vCash
    misery signals and between the buried and me are more that are just fantastic musicians and brutally hard, this fall/winter is going to be awesome for shows, I just missed BFMV I had to work, but August Burns Red will be in norfolk in nov I'm buying tickets payday.
    WWW.INDUCTDONNIE.COM

c'mon son!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    My favorite current heavy metal band is probably Parkway Drive.

As I Lay Dying is great as well
    These guys are freakin great you I don't really hear a lot of people mention them which is a shame.
    WWW.INDUCTDONNIE.COM

c'mon son!

vCash
    Just saying, lamb of god is awesome...

vCash
    I'm not a fan but I can see where people like them
    WWW.INDUCTDONNIE.COM

c'mon son!

vCash
    Watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhYm5GK6loI

****ing intense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimisticNot View Post
    Not really into Screamo...I love all different types of metal tho. I love me some Pantera, Slayer, and Metallica. Lamb of God is awesome. I really have been getting into progressive metal as of late Agalloch, Between the buried and me, Opeth. I'll listen to **** like All That Remains, killswitch, diecast etc, but it is not my number one choice.

NY hardcore is ****ing awesome Sick of it All, Reagan Youth, Agnostic Front, Madball etc

I barely come on this forum because everyone talks about commercial rap, which I'm not into. It's great to talk about some metal
    Agreed...I grew up in the 90's NJHC scene and it was awesome, sick of it all and madball used to play all the time huge NJ vs NY pits it was nuts

and

Yeah I noticed that too, I like rap but I can't keep up with it enough to talk about it hey did you hear that new young squishee featuring spank o' dile and the chick from paramore?
    that's why I love metal you get a day to remember with special guest screamer Mike Hranica from the devil wears prada an he's not even credited
    WWW.INDUCTDONNIE.COM

c'mon son!

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast