Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stanford

3 50.00%
  • Oregon

3 50.00%
    vCash

Pac10 Game of the Week Oct 2nd Stanford @ Oregon

This is a huge game in the Pac10 and very well might determine who wins the conference. The ESPN Gameday crew will be there, so you know the atmosphere will be electric. This is a very hard game to call, Stanford has played some incredible football on both offense and defense. Oregon's offense has been incredible, but the defense showed they may be vulnerable at ASU this last week. Who wins this one?

vCash
    It's going to be a very tough game but I think having the game in Autzen will give us the edge we need. I'll have a points prediction and detailed game preview later.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Especially coming off a not-so solid win against ASU, its harder to say the Ducks will walk away with this one. Stanford plays the exact type of ball that can beat the Ducks. They run it well up the middle (where UO is undersized), they play excellent defense, and their QB is fantastic, and doesn't make a lot of mistakes. The Cardinal are a well coached team and very disciplined, something that the Ducks have struggled with in the past.

Saying that, the game is still in Autzen, which gives the Ducks a lot of help. If this game was on a neutral site, I would say its going to be a toss-up. But having the Autzen crowd, and the depth and speed to sustain the Stanford attack, I'm still leaning towards my Ducks. It'll be really close, and definitely will decide the outcome of the Pac-10.

Ducks 38 - Cardinal 27

vCash
    The Ducks have annihilated the competition this season outscoring the first four opponents 231-44 (closest game was vs ASU last week 42-31).

Stanford should be Oregons first real opponent and will have a tough time trying to beat the Ducks in such a loud place.

Yet the ducks have to worry about some guy named Andrew Luck!

Should be a interesting game to watch!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    Especially coming off a not-so solid win against ASU, its harder to say the Ducks will walk away with this one. Stanford plays the exact type of ball that can beat the Ducks. They run it well up the middle (where UO is undersized), they play excellent defense, and their QB is fantastic, and doesn't make a lot of mistakes. The Cardinal are a well coached team and very disciplined, something that the Ducks have struggled with in the past.

Saying that, the game is still in Autzen, which gives the Ducks a lot of help. If this game was on a neutral site, I would say its going to be a toss-up. But having the Autzen crowd, and the depth and speed to sustain the Stanford attack, I'm still leaning towards my Ducks. It'll be really close, and definitely will decide the outcome of the Pac-10.

Ducks 38 - Cardinal 27
    Arizona State actually put up 597 yards of offense against the Ducks, and likely would have won the game had they not turned it over 7 times. I'm pretty sure Stanford will not turn it over 7 times. I'm well aware of how loud Autzen can be, I went to a few games there when I lived in Salem. I still have a feeling Stanford is going to win this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    Arizona State actually put up 597 yards of offense against the Ducks, and likely would have won the game had they not turned it over 7 times. I'm pretty sure Stanford will not turn it over 7 times. I'm well aware of how loud Autzen can be, I went to a few games there when I lived in Salem. I still have a feeling Stanford is going to win this.
    7 FORCED turnovers, and a held back playbook by kelly. Don't gauge this game by last weeks performance. Oregon's talent is extremely deep, Stanford's is as well, but the ducks are still going to walk away with the V.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDysdy View Post
    7 FORCED turnovers, and a held back playbook by kelly. Don't gauge this game by last weeks performance. Oregon's talent is extremely deep, Stanford's is as well, but the ducks are still going to walk away with the V.
    I'm picking Stanford.

vCash
    Stanford in a close 1.
    FROM ORACLE ARENA TO OLDSCHOOL CANDLESTICK PARK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    Right, most teams cannot afford to turn the ball over 7 times and win the game, but it's not like they just gave us the ball, the Ducks D had something to do with those turnovers. The Ducks have been getting a lot of pressure on the QBs this year with Bair and Rowe and that shouldn't stop this weekend. Not to mention Kenjon Barner was injured in the game, and only had a couple carries (if that).

Couple that with the Autzen effect, and the DLine should be able to cause Luck into a couple mistakes (i.e. like the two balls he just threw up in the air for INTs against ND). The Ducks secondary took a beating last week, but I expect the vets on that unit to step up this weekend playing on the big stage. Don't forget, the Ducks D has scored at least 1 TD in every game this year...

Stanford handed us our first conference loss last year, and it was a shootout of a game. But Stanford also forced the ball to Gearheart all game and his style of running didn't match up with our defenses strengths. I think he ended the game with 200+ yds and 3 TDs. Good thing he is gone...

I agree its going to be a rather close game, where all facets of the game, especially special teams (which IMO, I think Oregon is top 3 in ST in the nation) are going to play a huge roll. Also, the Cardinal haven't played a team with as much speed as the Ducks. I'm not talking raw speed, I'm talking about game-tempo. If the Ducks get up early (as with most games), its really hard to dig yourself out of a hole against the tempo of the Ducks. These two teams are pretty much polar opposites as far as approach, Stanford being slow and methodical, Ducks being fast-tempo and quick-strike.

I think D. Thomas is going to have to grow up quick, but after an impressive showing in Tenn, and still leading his team to victory against ASU, I think the comfort of playing in front of the home crowd calms the young QB down and he has a better game than he did at ASU. Pair that with with a healthy Barner, and the always dangerous LaMichael James, and a great o-line the Ducks offense is a lot to handle.

Like I said before, the big stage, the night game atmosphere and the Autzen crowd should give the Ducks a slight advantage in this one. The winner of this game is definitely the favorites to take the Pac-10 and could emerge as one of the "darkhorse" NC contenders. It's going to be a great game either way, pitting 2 of the elite Pac-10 talents against each other, but in the end the Fighting Ducks of Oregon take this one.
    Last edited by haggis; 09-30-2010 at 11:32 AM.

vCash
    This is really the 1st good team Oregon plays. Stanford has already played a couple of good teams, and yes, Notre Dame even at 1-3 is still a good team. The only thing that keeps me from going all in on Stanford is the fact it's at Autzen. It will be a fun game to watch.