Stats? Alright, works for me. This is actually extremely easy considering the works been done for me.
Here you go, you're welcome.
As you can see, Rose is only better at scoring the ball more and turning it over less. Other than that, Westbrook has higher percentages in offensive rebounding (not close), defensive rebounding, passing (AST%), stealing, and blocking. On top of that, Westbrook's defense is far better than Rose as Wesbtrook provides more defensive win shares, and more win shares overall for that matter, although it is very close.
Furthermore, Westbrook absolutely destroys Rose in every possible way in the playoffs. Granted neither have much of a resume to work with, but of what there is, it's fair to say that it's "not fair" to compare the two in the postseason.
Alright, and now a section for the kiddies who can't comprehend all that.
Maybe this will make it easier.
In simpler terms, Westbrook is superior in rebounding, free throw shooting, passing, stealing, blocking, and is a better defender in general.
Now for some fun facts:
- Westbrook has a 59.7 WIN% compared to Rose's 46.8
- Rose is assisted on more of his baskets than Westbrook, meaning Westbrook creates for himself more often
- Westbrook is much more efficient at creating fouls for himself at a clip of 14.1% to Rose's 8.8%
- Passing Rating: Westbrook - 15.8/Rose - 9.1
- Rebounding Rating: Westbrook 14.5/Rose - 10.9
- Westbrook also has a higher block rating: 1.7 compared to a meer 0.8 for Rose
- When comparing the two by production per 48 at POINT GUARD, Westbrook once again basically blows him out once again
What I'm trying to say is, Rose is the better Shooting Guard while Westbrook is the better Point Guard. Considering they both play point guard...
Russell Westbrook > Derrick Rose