Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Advanced Statistic Player Comparison Thread

Use this thread to compare players using their statistics.

I'll post the comparisons I made in the past so you guys can see kind of what I mean for this thread.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Russell Westbrook Vs. Derrick Rose
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulls_fan90 View Post
    What?

They are both better players BUT they are also MUCH older than Rose. I don't understand why you have so much hate for Derrick Rose. You’re one of the most annoying posters going around. Would you trade Westbrook for Billups or Nash? Btw Rose >Westbrook

Rose Rookie of the year - Westbrook wasn't even runner up

Rose made the All-star team - Westbrook hasn’t

Rose starts ahead of Westbrook for team USA - Westbrook is the backup

U mad?
    Oh, I'm so sorry... Does my knowledge of the game annoy you?

Here you go, I've already done all the work on this subject before. You're welcome for saving you the time.

Stats? Alright, works for me. This is actually extremely easy considering the works been done for me.

Here you go, you're welcome.

As you can see, Rose is only better at scoring the ball more and turning it over less. Other than that, Westbrook has higher percentages in offensive rebounding (not close), defensive rebounding, passing (AST%), stealing, and blocking. On top of that, Westbrook's defense is far better than Rose as Wesbtrook provides more defensive win shares, and more win shares overall for that matter, although it is very close.

Furthermore, Westbrook absolutely destroys Rose in every possible way in the playoffs. Granted neither have much of a resume to work with, but of what there is, it's fair to say that it's "not fair" to compare the two in the postseason.

Alright, and now a section for the kiddies who can't comprehend all that.

Maybe this will make it easier.

In simpler terms, Westbrook is superior in rebounding, free throw shooting, passing, stealing, blocking, and is a better defender in general.

Now for some fun facts:
    • Westbrook has a 59.7 WIN% compared to Rose's 46.8
    • Rose is assisted on more of his baskets than Westbrook, meaning Westbrook creates for himself more often
    • Westbrook is much more efficient at creating fouls for himself at a clip of 14.1% to Rose's 8.8%
    • Passing Rating: Westbrook - 15.8/Rose - 9.1
    • Rebounding Rating: Westbrook 14.5/Rose - 10.9
    • Westbrook also has a higher block rating: 1.7 compared to a meer 0.8 for Rose
    • When comparing the two by production per 48 at POINT GUARD, Westbrook once again basically blows him out once again

Russell Westbrook
    Derrick Rose

What I'm trying to say is, Rose is the better Shooting Guard while Westbrook is the better Point Guard. Considering they both play point guard...

Russell Westbrook > Derrick Rose

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Kevin Durant Vs. Carmelo Anthony
    Quote Originally Posted by MELO 15 View Post
    Your boy durant in a head to head matchup with melo, melo has won, especially in the clutch as I pointed out, durant has felt it more than a couple of times, and if u disagree with melo having the best all around offensive game in the league than some thing is wrong with u, look up melo and clutch and u see durant and the thunder as being one of his victims quite a few times. What I state is fact buddy, wich is why he is my favorite player
    First of all, I didn't even bring up Durant. But since you would like to, I'll gladly prove to you why Durant is the better player.

Alright, are you ready? Don't get mad when all these posts from a past thread prove you completely wrong.

Thanks to tredigs and ChiSox for the help.

Offensively:
    I'll just keep it simple for you.

Here you go.

Durant has a better ts%, eFG%, REB%, STL%, BLK%. Furthermore, he absolutely destroys Melo in Win Shares. Both offensively and defensively.

Defensively:
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiSox219 View Post
    This is what I used to use, especially for defense:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&gl=us&strip=0

Unfortunately, the guy who came up with that stat and ran the site was hired by an NBA team so all I have left is the google cache of just one season.

Durant's defensive improvement over 08-09 was huge, he learned to play the PnR and rotate better as well as becoming a better man defender. He was the MIP of last season, no question.
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    I had this conversation with a guy the other day who thinks Melo is better, so I'll just copy/paste that post:

Melo doesn't put out the effort or have the success that KD does on the defensive end. This isn't 2008, there were countless reports about how the kid worked on that tirelessly over the summer with specialty coaches, and it's paying dividends. Melo has always been indifferent on that side of the floor, and the opponents production against him prove it. Compare the two:
    http://www.82games.com/0910/0910OKC.HTM

http://www.82games.com/0910/0910DEN.HTM

^That's about 40% better production that SF's had against Melo than they did Durant. Also look at the splits between their adjusted +/- ...they're not comparable.

KD averaged more points at a higher efficiency (.607 ts%) than Melo ever has in any year, let alone last year. His per-game steals were also better than anything Melo's reached, and his bpg (1) were twice Melo's all time best. His PER of 26.2
    is 4 higher than Melo's best (last year at 22.2). And he had an Offensive rating of 118 to Melo's 110 (his best ever). I could keep going. Melo being consistently injured for about ~10-15 games the past 4 seasons doesn't exactly help his case, either.

Durant's better. And he's 21 with a ridiculous work ethic to boot; he's only going to improve this summer.

vCash
    I'd love to do a Rose vs. Rondo, but I'm busy right now

Will probably do one later.

vCash

Please do.

I was planning on doing a Deron vs. Paul a while ago, but I never got around to it. I'll try to get it done at some point.