Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 70 of 70
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    HCA (Homecourt Advantage)
    Posts
    65,563
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fredo832 View Post
    Since this is a off topic thread I was wondering if anyone in here plays ps3?
    Still have 360 personally.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

    Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,903
    vCash
    1500
    Your Lame JB! Lol

    Thanks wileyisTOFU for the sig. Visit his great art gallery website at(www.wileyrobertson.com

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    HCA (Homecourt Advantage)
    Posts
    65,563
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fredo832 View Post
    Your Lame JB! Lol
    PS3 has too many problems.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

    Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,560
    vCash
    1500
    Since this is the off topic, did anybody watch ESPN's 'the announcement'? Great documentary if anybody missed it!

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5
    vCash
    1500
    Li Yinggai is 70time metaphase.
    __________________ we have won five times.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    BRAZIL
    Posts
    4,972
    vCash
    1500
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    321
    vCash
    1500
    So, MightBossTone, I'm here for my verbal rape. XD

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    23,635
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by shinjirod View Post
    So, MightBossTone, I'm here for my verbal rape. XD
    I was going to let it go, but since you're being cheeky, here goes...

    1. You opened your post by stating that you normally don't vote in or post in these games to begin with and you hate to screw over a fellow Rockets fan. Okay, then don't. If it was me, and I had never played these games before, I wouldn't pick my first foray into a voting thread as a time to screw over a fellow Rockets fan. I could get over this though if your argument had been remotely legitimate....

    2. You claimed the opposing team was basically only losing because their players were older, but you had really no justification to back that up. In fact, you used Scottie Pippen as your big example of an "older" player, while completely ignoring the fact that Pippen played in exactly the same era as Gary Payton (one of my squad's best players. If your main justification is voting for a team is that their players are older, that's a terrible argument and you just shouldn't post in the voting thread at all.

    3. You claimed Scottie Pippen was a top 3 player in the league at any given time, which is just false. You have no data whatsoever to back up that claim. For starters, Pippen was never remotely better than Jordan, Hakeem or Barkley. So even if we start there, he's already not a top 3 player. Really the only time he could have been a top 3 guy was the 1 1/2 hiatus Jordan took to play baseball. So Pippen must have been a top 3 guy then, right? Wrong. A little player by the name of Shaquille put up some ridiculous numbers as a sophomore in 93-94 and then led his team to a championship the following season. Also, this doesn't account for guys like David Robinson, John Stockton or Karl Malone in the 90s or for Magic, Bird or Isiah in the late 80s, early 90s. I love Pippen, but he was never a top 3 player at any point in his career.

    4. Even if Pippen WERE a top 3 player at some point in his career, who cares? He was never remotely the player that Kevin Durant is right now. You put Pippen on this Thunder team and they wouldn't even get out of the first round most seasons, because he's not close to being the offensive juggernaut Kevin Durant is. Pippen never scored more than 22 points, posted higher than a 56.1% TS%, a 23.2 PER or a .209 WS/48. Kevin Durant has done all four of those things 4 of the last 5 seasons (not counting 10-11 with a .189 WS/48). The last two seasons, he boasted a TS% over 63.5, a PER over 28 and a WS/48 over .290, which are just inhuman numbers.

    5. You didn't read a single point made by either team and just made a brash judgment based on a quick glance of the rosters. Are you aware of how much work goes into those games? We draft those teams and makes trades for literally weeks. That **** is time consuming. I have no problem with anyone voting, even if it means they aren't going to vote for me. But if you're going to vote, at least come up with a halfway decent argument for why you're voting and have the common decency to read a post or two of the debate.

    I'm done with my rant now. In the end, the vote didn't matter too much. And I hope I don't discourage you or any other Rockets fan from voting. But I was joking and you were a smart *** about it, so I had to reply.


  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    321
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I was going to let it go, but since you're being cheeky, here goes...

    1. You opened your post by stating that you normally don't vote in or post in these games to begin with and you hate to screw over a fellow Rockets fan. Okay, then don't. If it was me, and I had never played these games before, I wouldn't pick my first foray into a voting thread as a time to screw over a fellow Rockets fan. I could get over this though if your argument had been remotely legitimate....

    2. You claimed the opposing team was basically only losing because their players were older, but you had really no justification to back that up. In fact, you used Scottie Pippen as your big example of an "older" player, while completely ignoring the fact that Pippen played in exactly the same era as Gary Payton (one of my squad's best players. If your main justification is voting for a team is that their players are older, that's a terrible argument and you just shouldn't post in the voting thread at all.

    3. You claimed Scottie Pippen was a top 3 player in the league at any given time, which is just false. You have no data whatsoever to back up that claim. For starters, Pippen was never remotely better than Jordan, Hakeem or Barkley. So even if we start there, he's already not a top 3 player. Really the only time he could have been a top 3 guy was the 1 1/2 hiatus Jordan took to play baseball. So Pippen must have been a top 3 guy then, right? Wrong. A little player by the name of Shaquille put up some ridiculous numbers as a sophomore in 93-94 and then led his team to a championship the following season. Also, this doesn't account for guys like David Robinson, John Stockton or Karl Malone in the 90s or for Magic, Bird or Isiah in the late 80s, early 90s. I love Pippen, but he was never a top 3 player at any point in his career.

    4. Even if Pippen WERE a top 3 player at some point in his career, who cares? He was never remotely the player that Kevin Durant is right now. You put Pippen on this Thunder team and they wouldn't even get out of the first round most seasons, because he's not close to being the offensive juggernaut Kevin Durant is. Pippen never scored more than 22 points, posted higher than a 56.1% TS%, a 23.2 PER or a .209 WS/48. Kevin Durant has done all four of those things 4 of the last 5 seasons (not counting 10-11 with a .189 WS/48). The last two seasons, he boasted a TS% over 63.5, a PER over 28 and a WS/48 over .290, which are just inhuman numbers.

    5. You didn't read a single point made by either team and just made a brash judgment based on a quick glance of the rosters. Are you aware of how much work goes into those games? We draft those teams and makes trades for literally weeks. That **** is time consuming. I have no problem with anyone voting, even if it means they aren't going to vote for me. But if you're going to vote, at least come up with a halfway decent argument for why you're voting and have the common decency to read a post or two of the debate.

    I'm done with my rant now. In the end, the vote didn't matter too much. And I hope I don't discourage you or any other Rockets fan from voting. But I was joking and you were a smart *** about it, so I had to reply.
    I was joking as well. I was just trying to start a friendly conversation with you away from the main board. It is my opinion and I stand by it. Frankly I'm quite shocked you take other people's opinion in a message board so personally, and completely miss the intention and tone of the comments. But hey, if that's your thing, that's cool.

    Like I said, I do read everything, and I do know how much work goes into it. Please don't make assumptions on what I do and don't do.

    Glad to see you're on to the next round. Good luck.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    23,635
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by shinjirod View Post
    I was joking as well. I was just trying to start a friendly conversation with you away from the main board. It is my opinion and I stand by it. Frankly I'm quite shocked you take other people's opinion in a message board so personally, and completely miss the intention and tone of the comments. But hey, if that's your thing, that's cool.
    It's not about taking things "personally." I'm passionate about my hobbies and sports are one of them, and I like to argue and debate. That's why I come to PSD in the first place. And you have to be passionate about those re-draft games to play them and have fun, so I'm going to argue with anyone who takes a stance opposing my team or my players. I don't take anything said "personally," but if you're going to be vocal and so bold as to say the team facing me would win "easily," I'm going to call you out for it. And you'd better be prepared to debate.

    And if you want to start a friendly conversation, we can certainly do that. Personally, I read the tone has being a tad on the sarcastic side. But if you'd like to debate this further, I can certainly be civil about it.

    Like I said, I do read everything, and I do know how much work goes into it. Please don't make assumptions on what I do and don't do.
    Then why use such a lame argument as "his players are older and, therefore, better." You had a hundred better takes sitting there right in the thread you could have used to justify your vote. Hell, I'd rather you not say anything than justify your vote with an argument like that. I've seen you post, and I know you're generally a pretty competent guy, so I thought you could have done better.

    Glad to see you're on to the next round. Good luck.
    Thanks. I appreciate it.


Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •