Your Lame JB! Lol
Thanks wileyisTOFU for the sig. Visit his great art gallery website at(www.wileyrobertson.com
Since this is the off topic, did anybody watch ESPN's 'the announcement'? Great documentary if anybody missed it!
Li Yinggai is 70time metaphase.
__________________ we have won five times.
Rockets | Texans | Astros
I may have kicked Tim's butt in fantasy basketball, but when it comes to knowledge about the real game I can't compete with the great and powerful Tim.
So, MightBossTone, I'm here for my verbal rape. XD
1. You opened your post by stating that you normally don't vote in or post in these games to begin with and you hate to screw over a fellow Rockets fan. Okay, then don't. If it was me, and I had never played these games before, I wouldn't pick my first foray into a voting thread as a time to screw over a fellow Rockets fan. I could get over this though if your argument had been remotely legitimate....
2. You claimed the opposing team was basically only losing because their players were older, but you had really no justification to back that up. In fact, you used Scottie Pippen as your big example of an "older" player, while completely ignoring the fact that Pippen played in exactly the same era as Gary Payton (one of my squad's best players. If your main justification is voting for a team is that their players are older, that's a terrible argument and you just shouldn't post in the voting thread at all.
3. You claimed Scottie Pippen was a top 3 player in the league at any given time, which is just false. You have no data whatsoever to back up that claim. For starters, Pippen was never remotely better than Jordan, Hakeem or Barkley. So even if we start there, he's already not a top 3 player. Really the only time he could have been a top 3 guy was the 1 1/2 hiatus Jordan took to play baseball. So Pippen must have been a top 3 guy then, right? Wrong. A little player by the name of Shaquille put up some ridiculous numbers as a sophomore in 93-94 and then led his team to a championship the following season. Also, this doesn't account for guys like David Robinson, John Stockton or Karl Malone in the 90s or for Magic, Bird or Isiah in the late 80s, early 90s. I love Pippen, but he was never a top 3 player at any point in his career.
4. Even if Pippen WERE a top 3 player at some point in his career, who cares? He was never remotely the player that Kevin Durant is right now. You put Pippen on this Thunder team and they wouldn't even get out of the first round most seasons, because he's not close to being the offensive juggernaut Kevin Durant is. Pippen never scored more than 22 points, posted higher than a 56.1% TS%, a 23.2 PER or a .209 WS/48. Kevin Durant has done all four of those things 4 of the last 5 seasons (not counting 10-11 with a .189 WS/48). The last two seasons, he boasted a TS% over 63.5, a PER over 28 and a WS/48 over .290, which are just inhuman numbers.
5. You didn't read a single point made by either team and just made a brash judgment based on a quick glance of the rosters. Are you aware of how much work goes into those games? We draft those teams and makes trades for literally weeks. That **** is time consuming. I have no problem with anyone voting, even if it means they aren't going to vote for me. But if you're going to vote, at least come up with a halfway decent argument for why you're voting and have the common decency to read a post or two of the debate.
I'm done with my rant now. In the end, the vote didn't matter too much. And I hope I don't discourage you or any other Rockets fan from voting. But I was joking and you were a smart *** about it, so I had to reply.
Like I said, I do read everything, and I do know how much work goes into it. Please don't make assumptions on what I do and don't do.
Glad to see you're on to the next round. Good luck.
And if you want to start a friendly conversation, we can certainly do that. Personally, I read the tone has being a tad on the sarcastic side. But if you'd like to debate this further, I can certainly be civil about it.
Then why use such a lame argument as "his players are older and, therefore, better." You had a hundred better takes sitting there right in the thread you could have used to justify your vote. Hell, I'd rather you not say anything than justify your vote with an argument like that. I've seen you post, and I know you're generally a pretty competent guy, so I thought you could have done better.Like I said, I do read everything, and I do know how much work goes into it. Please don't make assumptions on what I do and don't do.
Thanks. I appreciate it.Glad to see you're on to the next round. Good luck.