Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

HBO to produce series on Caps-Pens Winter Classic

This is going to be pretty neat.

Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin are known for holding nothing back on the ice. Come December, when HBO's cameras start rolling and the two superstar captains take leading roles in a real-life documentary about the NHL's best present-day rivalry, the world will find out how "The Kid" and "Ovi" prepare to go all out.

It should be revealing. It will be entertaining.

The NHL and HBO Sports announced Thursday their partnership for a groundbreaking, four-episode series as part of the network's 12-time Emmy Award-winning "24/7" reality TV franchise that will go deep into the inner workings of the Capitals-Penguins rivalry leading up to the 2011 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic, which will be played Jan. 1 at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh.

HBO Sports' cameras will have unprecedented access to film "24/7 Penguins/Capitals Road to the Winter Classic." It's the first time HBO Sports will divide its cameras between two teams and also the first time the network will document teams in the middle of their regular seasons.
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=538391

Can't wait!

Thank god some hockey coverage outside of Versus.

Haters gonna hate

Still nice...but still not the best rivalry in hockey...that easily goes to Montreal/Boston...but Washington/Pittsburgh is good...only problem is it's HBO and not mainstream TV...but it's a start
    PSD Bruins Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Boston Bruins Style

Looking forward to it. Glad I get HBO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyras View Post
    Still nice...but still not the best rivalry in hockey...that easily goes to Montreal/Boston...but Washington/Pittsburgh is good...only problem is it's HBO and not mainstream TV...but it's a start
    I'd call HBO a huge step in the right direction, at least. And I think by biggest rivarly he was going by player/player not teams.

Quote Originally Posted by OneTuzSea View Post
    Looking forward to it. Glad I get HBO.

I'd call HBO a huge step in the right direction, at least. And I think by biggest rivarly he was going by player/player not teams.
    Fair Enough...I wonder how they are going to do this...should be cool to see some behind the scenes elements
    PSD Bruins Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Boston Bruins Style

sexicano31 Guest
    Gay, gay, gay

Historically yes, but right now there is no comparison pens and caps are far more entertaining, good teams and the 3 best players in hockey

Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Gay, gay, gay
    i know i hate scott hartnell to

Quote Originally Posted by miller74 View Post
    i know i hate scott hartnell to
    Swingandamiss.

I'm all for hockey on HBO, but you have to be ****ing kidding me. More Crosby and Ovechkin marketing. I can't stand Crovy. There's other players in this league.

everybody please watch this so hopefully it will get good enough ratings that they will do this every year

THE ONLY MARKETING THE NHL NEEDS? AN NBA LOCKOUT, PLEASE HAPPEN! lol Ill watch this show, like someone said any coverage outside of versus is a step up, form what weve had.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

In todays modern world it is the best rivalry. The two best players in the world, who are totally different but share the same goals and elite talent. Have had a rivalry since their first season. The NHL world can be split into two on fans like either Crosby or Ovechkin. Or the opinion on which two players are better. This is truly not a documentary about each team, well maybe kinda but its two main stars are the obvious. And Im glad HBO is doing this, they have showed already several other sports documentaries that have gone over the hill in ratings and views. and This is exactly what the NHL needs. The NHL does not need for them to make a documentary about the Rangers or any of the original 6 teams. Its good to remember the orginal 6 and the past rivals but we have 2 focus on now and whats gonna boost the league.

- We should have a similar hard knocks series as well, go deeper into the locker room of the training camps of an NHL team. Detroit, Washington, New York Rangers, Pittsburgh should be the only teams mentioned for many reasons. Since they are the biggest named clubs in the league. Go deeper into the training camp, how each team performs and how each player improves. Theres alot of stories the MEDIA such as ESPN does not go into. Alot of individual problems and stories that can help with ratings for the show. Avery? Ovechkin? not big named guys who can draw attention in spot light? Those teams I named? Not big named teams that will draw interest to the world not just a few select big hockey fans.

Quote Originally Posted by beltran15mets View Post
    everybody please watch this so hopefully it will get good enough ratings that they will do this every year
    Not quite how it works...but a nice try nonetheless.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast