Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    Yeah, I agree with this completely. My only concern is that ts% is strictly a statistic based off of shooting efficiency, and I think adding TO's would digress from that.

Either way, I think a statistic using your idea would be a valuable one.
    Well, those two stats would simply measure different things, right? One would be more of a "pure" shooting efficiency stat, and the other more of an "overall efficiency per offensive possessions" stat.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    Well, those two stats would simply measure different things, right? One would be more of a "pure" shooting efficiency stat, and the other more of an "overall efficiency per offensive possessions" stat.
    Yeah, I guess that's pretty much what I was getting at. I think leave ts% the way it is, and just develop an entirely new statistic including TO's in determining offensive efficiency.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DenButsu View Post
    yep, I would call eFG that pure shooting efficiency stat, while TS the efficiency per offensive possessions stat

================================================== ==================

Completely different topic, but has anyone here fully grasped Hollinger's PER equation?

I haven't had time to take a closer look at it. But today I wiki'd it, and boy that is one long *** formula

vCash
    Hm just found an other site via. 48minutesofhell.com

http://www.basketball-analysis.com

Has some analysis on it that he also published on 48minutesofhell.com one about if reduced workload correlates with longlivity.
    Looks good at first glance but will have to delve deeper in to it to really see if it holds water. But the guy seems to know what he's doing.
    So maybe we can add this site to the Top.

Will probably make a thread about some of his analysis if have the time to have closer look at them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    Hm just found an other site via. 48minutesofhell.com

http://www.basketball-analysis.com

Has some analysis on it that he also published on 48minutesofhell.com one about if reduced workload correlates with longlivity.
    Looks good at first glance but will have to delve deeper in to it to really see if it holds water. But the guy seems to know what he's doing.
    So maybe we can add this site to the Top.
    Done. Thanks for the addition!

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers4sho View Post
    I agree that TS concerns mostly with "shooting". But if we're talking about "offensive efficiency", and if TS% is to be considered an "offensive efficiency" stat, I think TOs should be somehow incorporated within the formula.

Because like I said, turnovers should hurt a player's efficiency, or at least I think it should.
    You should definetly take a look at TOs when talking about a offensive player's efficiency.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Basketash View Post
    You should definetly take a look at TOs when talking about a offensive player's efficiency.
    That's pretty much been agreed upon, the question is which stat to include TO's in.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    I recommend that a small snippet should be left about each website so that users know what kind of info can be found on which sites. Probably helpful

for instance I would never click on popcornmachine unless i already knew how cool it was...

vCash
    Yeah that'd be great. lol popcornmachine looks awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    That's pretty much been agreed upon, the question is which stat to include TO's in.
    Offensive RTG already does that
    Yo Kobe, get at me bro, we'd have a good time, man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by daleja424 View Post
    I recommend that a small snippet should be left about each website so that users know what kind of info can be found on which sites. Probably helpful

for instance I would never click on popcornmachine unless i already knew how cool it was...
    I'll try to get around to doing that at some point. May take a bit of time, so I'll probably have to do it in a few takes. But I agree, that's a good idea.

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    hoopsstats.com

I used it for bench stats:
    http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball.../11/7/fga3/1-1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by daleja424 View Post
    hoopsstats.com

I used it for bench stats:
    http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball.../11/7/fga3/1-1
    Nice site because you can view how players/teams do against playoff teams, +.500 teams, etc. but yet another site that is too lazy to calculate per possession stats and gives per 48 and totals instead (I guess they want us to do the work?) It's very simple to calculate per possession stats (or at least pace adjust them). Like whats wrong with looking at assists/rebounds/points per possession or per 100 possessions? As long as we have a baseline (league average), we should be able to tell whats good and whats not.

It would be nice to see how some of these guys are doing against playoff teams using per possession stats but instead they give per 48 and totals.
    Last edited by PatsSoxKnicks; 11-10-2010 at 08:31 PM.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    I may be late, but thanks for this. I'm trying to learn a bit about advanced statistics.

vCash
    The more the merrier

Atheists Of PSD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast