Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwabSquad View Post
    Any brands you'd recommend ?

Best Casein Ever right here!!:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bev/ult.html

OR as an alternative, you could go with a whey/casein blend so you would only have to use one form of protein for your whey and casein needs. The taste isn't as good as the Beverly International link I posted above but it's tolerable.

Here's two links:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/dym/elitegourmet.html

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mhp/pro.html
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Thanks Stamina I appreciate it! 40 bucks for 2 lbs :O I also frequent a website that has deals on protein I was getting the ON optimum nutrition for 55 bucks for 2, 5 pound tubs. I really like the taste, it works well with everything. Also for the 2nd meal how bad is a Subway egg white sandwich on wheat bread with nothing but tomatoes and pepper..?

Also is it normal to get a bit gassy from protein shakes?
    I've enjoyed mixing water, ice 1 or 2 scoops of Whey and oats. gives it a nice consistency and is filling, should I avoid that because of the carbs?
    Last edited by Squad13; 09-27-2010 at 07:16 PM.

Lets go.

vCash
    Thanks Stamina I appreciate it! 40 bucks for 2 lbs :O I also frequent a website that has deals on protein I was getting the ON optimum nutrition for 55 bucks for 2, 5 pound tubs. I really like the taste, it works well with everything. Also for the 2nd meal how bad is a Subway egg white sandwich on wheat bread with nothing but tomatoes and pepper..?

Also is it normal to get a bit gassy from protein shakes?
    I've enjoyed mixing water, ice 1 or 2 scoops of Whey and oats. gives it a nice consistency and is filling, should I avoid that because of the carbs?
    I personally dispiste ON brand protein

But they are rated pretty good and other members of our forum uses it as well so it is fine to continue to use it. Feeling gassy is a part of protein powders so no worries there

I just pulled up the nutritional value of the egg and cheese sandwich at Subway.

Protein: 12 (not enough)
    Carbs: 18 (manageable)
    Sodium: 490 ( )

Ultimately, the answer is no. I would rather you buy a dozen eggs from your local supermarket and boil 4 eggs in the morning and take them with you to work. 4 boiled eggs whites=20 Grams of Protein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    I personally dispiste ON brand protein

But they are rated pretty good and other members of our forum uses it as well so it is fine to continue to use it. Feeling gassy is a part of protein powders so no worries there

I just pulled up the nutritional value of the egg and cheese sandwich at Subway.

Protein: 12 (not enough)
    Carbs: 18 (manageable)
    Sodium: 490 ( )

Ultimately, the answer is no. I would rather you buy a dozen eggs from your local supermarket and boil 4 eggs in the morning and take them with you to work. 4 boiled eggs whites=20 Grams of Protein.
    I hadn't even thought of that, that's a great idea, thanks!

Lets go.

vCash
    Do you guys recommend any frozen or pre made meats ? I only like really mild white fish, and have heard good things about Blue Ribbon "perfect size" or something like that chicken breasts. Anything you guys recommend ?

Lets go.

vCash
    Do you guys recommend any frozen or pre made meats ? I only like really mild white fish, and have heard good things about Blue Ribbon "perfect size" or something like that chicken breasts. Anything you guys recommend ?
    The only frozen meat I buy is Fish such as Tilapia or Flounder in a bag. I get it at Super Target. The brand is Market Pantry (I believe Target owns that line) and the fish is called "Wild Caught Flounder". Each fillet has 21-23 grams of protein.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    The only frozen meat I buy is Fish such as Tilapia or Flounder in a bag. I get it at Super Target. The brand is Market Pantry (I believe Target owns that line) and the fish is called "Wild Caught Flounder". Each fillet has 21-23 grams of protein.
    Is it mild? I hate fishy fish.. haha if that makes sense.

Lets go.

vCash
    lol, I actually understand what you're saying

No it doesn't have that "Fishy" odor or taste. I like to just throw in the oven with some butter sauce for flavor and that's it

vCash
    Some white fishes such as tilapia have more of a "fishy" taste if they are overcooked. So cooking until it is just done will provide less fishy taste than overcooking it.

Some fish are just fishier than others, but I think Cod and Flounder are definately in the less fishy category.

vCash
    Thanks fellas

Lets go.

vCash
    Do you think p90x is the best way for me to get in shape with my current resources? I have the boflex select tech dumbells, no weight bench even... and no gym membership.

Lets go.

vCash
    P90x is a great way to burn fat and get into shape. If you have it, use it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123