Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,274
    vCash
    1500

    Need your help, its time to get in shape!

    I'm looking to get in shape, I'm about 6' and weigh 165 ish. I want to start doing p90x again (did for a week or two then stopped) and was wondering what your thoughts are on it. I have limited space and no gym membership. I have the bands and also just got the boflex select tech dumbells. Any nutrition or advice would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to keep a log on here to keep myself motivated and on top of things.

    Lets go.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Longisland, Newyork
    Posts
    7,342
    vCash
    1500
    Good stuff, any supplements? If not invest in a whey protein which will certainly help you on your road to fitness perfection. Once Stamina gets on and sees this he will definitely guide you through a lot. There are plenty of exercises you can do with the DBs and the P90x so you should be okay as long as you keep at it.
    Limitations are for people that have them, and excuses are for people that need them.



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    6,644
    vCash
    1500
    So what will getting in shape mean for you? Are you looking to build muscle, or maybe get a little more cut, or just feel healthier overall, etc?

    If you don't have a gym membership, p90x is a good way to workout at home. It gives some structure and can give good results. It's good to have a structured program like that so you can stay motivated a little easier. It's not an optimal workout for power athletes like football, basketball, track and so on because it doesn't do much of any athletic specific or power work. But that is why I was wondering what you are trying to go for.
    In case you weren't aware, there is now a Religion Forum here. All high-quality discussion welcome!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,274
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by goldglove212 View Post
    Good stuff, any supplements? If not invest in a whey protein which will certainly help you on your road to fitness perfection. Once Stamina gets on and sees this he will definitely guide you through a lot. There are plenty of exercises you can do with the DBs and the P90x so you should be okay as long as you keep at it.
    Yes, I have 3 5 lb containers of high quality whey. I don't recall the brand but its Double chocolate and in black containers. I also have fish oil.. anything else you'd recommend ?

    Edit: It's ON Gold standard Whey
    Last edited by Squad13; 09-24-2010 at 12:38 PM.

    Lets go.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,274
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by hoggin88 View Post
    So what will getting in shape mean for you? Are you looking to build muscle, or maybe get a little more cut, or just feel healthier overall, etc?

    If you don't have a gym membership, p90x is a good way to workout at home. It gives some structure and can give good results. It's good to have a structured program like that so you can stay motivated a little easier. It's not an optimal workout for power athletes like football, basketball, track and so on because it doesn't do much of any athletic specific or power work. But that is why I was wondering what you are trying to go for.
    Build muscle, I'm on the skinny side but I'm an athletic person .

    Lets go.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Longisland, Newyork
    Posts
    7,342
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwabSquad View Post
    Yes, I have 3 5 lb containers of high quality whey. I don't recall the brand but its Double chocolate and in black containers. I also have fish oil.. anything else you'd recommend ?
    How old are you? Just as a precursor before I recommend any of the other supplements
    Limitations are for people that have them, and excuses are for people that need them.



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,274
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by goldglove212 View Post
    how old are you? Just as a precursor before i recommend any of the other supplements
    23

    Lets go.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,452
    vCash
    1500
    I personally recommend that you get into a structured routine towards your goals before adding in any other supplements. Your whey protein and fish oil are two very beneficial supplements, but right now I don't think you need anything beyond that.

    What's your diet like... What do your daily meals consist of?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Longisland, Newyork
    Posts
    7,342
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwabSquad View Post
    23
    oh okay so then you can use all sorts of supplements lol, creatine could also help (just a regular monohydrate powder) and if you want to go beyond that there are things like Prime and stuff. Check out the supplement thread for reviews on everything.
    Limitations are for people that have them, and excuses are for people that need them.



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,274
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by goldglove212 View Post
    oh okay so then you can use all sorts of supplements lol, creatine could also help (just a regular monohydrate powder) and if you want to go beyond that there are things like Prime and stuff. Check out the supplement thread for reviews on everything.
    I hear about cycles, could you explain that a bit ?

    Lets go.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,274
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by MTone8788 View Post
    I personally recommend that you get into a structured routine towards your goals before adding in any other supplements. Your whey protein and fish oil are two very beneficial supplements, but right now I don't think you need anything beyond that.

    What's your diet like... What do your daily meals consist of?
    Ummm my diet isn't great. I work very early 5 am, so I have to get up at 4 10 ish and have a very hard time eating that early. I'll usually bring some sort of powerbar to work, I get lunch around 10.. I've been getting the subway egg white breakfast sandwhich on wheat. For Lunch I'll usually just have whatever is around and eat dinner with my family...

    I have simple tastes I could eat the same thing basically everyday.. I love pasta haha I get whole wheat but I know carbs aren't great.
    Last edited by Squad13; 09-24-2010 at 01:26 PM.

    Lets go.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Longisland, Newyork
    Posts
    7,342
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwabSquad View Post
    I hear about cycles, could you explain that a bit ?
    From what i have heard from different people it varies, I'm not cycling mine I take amplified creatine 189 from GNC which doesnt require a cycle
    Limitations are for people that have them, and excuses are for people that need them.



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,274
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by goldglove212 View Post
    From what i have heard from different people it varies, I'm not cycling mine I take amplified creatine 189 from GNC which doesnt require a cycle
    But you don't recommend that for myself?

    Lets go.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    1,853
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwabSquad View Post
    I hear about cycles, could you explain that a bit ?
    Basically cycling is used to your body doesn't build up a tolerance to the creatine (or other supps for that matter) and you don't get used to it. Most people notice great gains when first taking creatine, but then they eventually diminish and it feels like it is less potent.

    Most of the bottles you buy have suggestions for cycling that is specific to that brand, because they can vary.

    A typical cycle would look like this:

    First if you have never taken it before, you want to experiment a bit with doses to test your own body's tolerance. Everyone is different, some people are more susceptible to it and some have an already higher tolerance than normal. So start off with a small dose, and then gradually work up every time you take it to see what you can handle.

    Most cycles have a "loading" phase, where your muscles absorbs the creatine that it doesn't already have in its tissues.

    Week 1 ~ 20 g/day

    Then you have the maintenance phase, where you lower the amount you take a bit.

    Weeks 2-4 ~ 10 g/day

    Then after that, you have an off period where you stop taking it all together. This time varies for everyone. I've seen people do month on, month off. I've also seen people do a month on and then week off.

    Personally I take around 1.5-2 weeks off after a month on of creatine.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,274
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Dro View Post
    Basically cycling is used to your body doesn't build up a tolerance to the creatine (or other supps for that matter) and you don't get used to it. Most people notice great gains when first taking creatine, but then they eventually diminish and it feels like it is less potent.

    Most of the bottles you buy have suggestions for cycling that is specific to that brand, because they can vary.

    A typical cycle would look like this:

    First if you have never taken it before, you want to experiment a bit with doses to test your own body's tolerance. Everyone is different, some people are more susceptible to it and some have an already higher tolerance than normal. So start off with a small dose, and then gradually work up every time you take it to see what you can handle.

    Most cycles have a "loading" phase, where your muscles absorbs the creatine that it doesn't already have in its tissues.

    Week 1 ~ 20 g/day

    Then you have the maintenance phase, where you lower the amount you take a bit.

    Weeks 2-4 ~ 10 g/day

    Then after that, you have an off period where you stop taking it all together. This time varies for everyone. I've seen people do month on, month off. I've also seen people do a month on and then week off.

    Personally I take around 1.5-2 weeks off after a month on of creatine.
    Gotcha, thanks !

    Lets go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •