Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Preseason Thread

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=538364

ONE BIG TEAM, TWO GROUPS SKATE

After a four point night in two games for the Flames over the Canucks in both barns last night, both groups re-joined and were separated again for today’s practice. The first group made up of mainly veterans, worked on power play drills for a good chunk of time. As we’ve seen already in last night’s game, the power play unit showed Alex Tanguay and Olli Jokinen on the points with Iginla centered and Jay Bowmeester down low in front of the net as well as Ian White.

Missing from practice today was Matt Stajan who left the game against Vancouver last night with a shoulder injury. Daymond Langkow did skate this morning before the first group came out however did not skate with the team. He has not yet been cleared to play. John Armstrong who took a puck to the face is still waiting for a final report from the medical team and Niklas Hagman was also not in attendence as he has been off and on with flu-like symtoms. Additionally Matt Pelech (D) and John Negrin (D) missed practice today for general maintenance resulting from recent training and competition.

SPOT TO FILL WITH STAJAN OUT?

When Stajan got injured last night in Vancouver, head coach Brent Sutter had to be quick with his decision making and shuffle up the lines. He gave Mitch Wahl the head nod to step up to the top line and show what he is capable of. He did just that by picking up a pair of assists for the Flames.

“When Stajan got hurt I put (Mitch) Wahl up with Bourque and Hagman just because of his skill level and he can make plays and sees the ice well,” said Sutter. “I moved him up there and I thought he responded to it very well. He has such a good knowledge of the game and thought he handled it well.”

Wahl not only got the chance to play on the top line but was also able to contribute and demonstrate his skills on the power play.

"It was my first pro experience at the NHL level and I was able to play on the top line," said Mitch Wahl of his game last night. "Unfortunately Stajan got hurt but it enabled me to come up and play with Hagman and Bourque so I got to play and got to play on the power play, so I got right in there and I had a lot of fun."

With Stajan out indefinitely, a door of opportunity opens for a couple other strong centremen such as David Moss and Mikael Backlund who are looking to find which line they will fit with best.

“You don’t ever like seeing injuries but they do happen and it’s part of the game,” said Sutter. “You have to diversify and go with what’s there. It’s always nice to have centre-ice men (Backlund) that you can move up who can play on your first line, play on your third line or play on your fourth line because they are talented and skilled enough to do so. Mikael will get that opportunity now to play with Rene Bourque and see how it goes.

“As for David Moss, from what I have heard was very solid with where he was at so we’ll continue to move forward with that process. Now it’s just up to them to see who’s going to scratch and claw to still be on our team come the first day of the regular season.

FLAMES TRAINING CAMP INJURY REPORT

Calgary, AB – The Calgary Flames would like to provide the following update regarding injuries to players participating in training camp.

Daymond Langkow (C) – Neck – Indefinite
    Matt Stajan (C) – Shoulder separation – Indefinite
    John Armstrong (C) – Face – waiting on final report from medical team

Additionally, Niklas Hagman (LW), Matt Pelech (D) and John Negrin (D) missed practice today for general maintenance resulting from recent training and competition.

vCash
    http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=537552

CALGARY, AB -- After surprising the entire hockey world by re-signing not one but two old faces, general manager Darryl Sutter assured Flames fans that acquiring Alex Tanguay and Olli Jokinen was going to kick-start the team's offense in a big way.
    "It wasn't just Olli," Sutter said in June. "It was Olli and Tangs together that we felt was important. After discussing it with the players - Jarome, Olli and Alex - that's what they felt like they missed, that playmaker with them and Tanguay is capable of that."

Flames fans are anxious to see if the three forwards can get back to their old form. All three men suffered from lackluster seasons. Jarome Iginla dipped to 32 goals, his lowest production since the 2000-01 season. Jokinen mustered 19 goals in 75 games with the Flames over the past two seasons. Tanguay is coming off a career-worst 37 point season. The trio are looking to make this year a comeback season and believe the key to that mission is as a collective.

"We're all going to have bounce back years," Iginla asserted last week. "As a team, we need to have a bounce back season and I think we're totally capable of that. We've all worked hard in the off-season. We're all excited to be back and get an opportunity to play here in Calgary, to play with this team and with each other. We'll go, we'll work on it. Chemistry is important. They've all been huge producers in the league. We want to get back to that."

Training camp will offer up the chance to see what the projected top line will look like together and if there is immedidate chemistry between the three of them.
    Jarome Iginla - For most players, 32 goals in a season would be a phenomenal feat and would mark a career-year. For Iginla, it's a below-average campaign.

The Flames captain ended up with 69 points in 82 games, his lowest total since the 2005-06 season, and that will spark him to come back with a venegence this year.

"Personally, last year was an off-year," Iginla said. "I think I can still be a high producer for the team in all different ways. I'm looking forward to it, I really am.

"I'm feeling good, I'm feeling good. Team-wise, think we'll be a much-improved team this year. I'm very excited about it."

The Iginla-Jokinen pairing did not work out the way the team wanted it to the first time around but this time around things could be different. Iginla is goal-scorer as is Jokinen. Both tried to pass far too often instead of shooting and it resulted in poor offensive production. Adding a proven playmaker to the line is sure to boost Iginla's confidence and goals total.
    Olli Jokinen - Overall, Jokinen's time in Calgary over the past two seasons is seen as inconsistent.

In his 75 games with the Flames, the Finn put up 50 points and can understand why fans were frustrated with his lack of production.

"My first 10 games when I came to Calgary, that's the way I should play every single night," he said in a conference call after resigning with the club in July. "There was a lot of pressure and maybe I wasn't ready to handle that kind of task. My mind is pretty clear right now.

"I've got to get back to being physical and a hard guy to play against. I think I have to use my size a little bit more and be more selfish and shooting the puck more. I think last year I got caught up trying to be a nice guy, please my teammates and passing the puck more."

Jokinen is confident that he'll have one of the best seasons of his career this year.

"I want to be back as a point-per-game guy," he told the Calgary Herald last week. "A top guy. The only thing I can control is how I play this year. I'm going to light it up this year and nobody is going to remember what happened last year."
    Alex Tanguay - If Tanguay could make one wish for this season, it would be to return to his 2006-07 form.

In his first year in Calgary, Tanguay was expectional. He had a 81 point season - which remains a career-high for the 30 year-old - and was the pure passer the team desperately needed. He helped Iginla put together a 94 point season and gave the Flames an offensive boost. But that would prove to the only golden year he had in Calgary.

In the 2007-08 season, his points total dropped to 58 and the team dealt him to the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for their first-round pick in the 2008 Entry Draft. Tanguay's numbers have been slipping ever since.

His one year tenure in Tampa Bay did not go the way anyone expected and his time in Florida ended with just 10 goals and 37 points. For Tanguay, coming back to Calgary is his chance at redemption.

"Last year was a difficult season for me," he said. "There are a lot of people that are doubting my ability.

"I've got a lot to prove. I'm 30. Physically, I feel I have lots left. I didn't hesitate when Calgary called. I jumped at the deal right away. It wasn't about the money - it was about the opportunity. They have a belief in me that I can help them out."

vCash
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...vid=nhl-search

CALGARY, Alberta (AP) - Alex Tanguay set up two goals - including Jarome Iginla's game winner - in the Calgary Flames' 3-2 split-squad preseason victory over the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday night.

With the score tied 2-2 in the third period, Tanguay sent Iginla down the right wing. The Flames captain then ripped a wrist shot over the glove of goalie Tyler Weiman.

Tanguay was also involved in the Flames' first goal. With Calgary short-handed and trailing 1-0 in the second, Tanguay broke away on a 2-on-1 with Mikael Backlund and feathered a pass to the Swedish youngster, who deflected the puck past starting goalie Eddie Lack.

Ales Kotalik also scored for Calgary. Jannik Hansen and Marco Rosa had goals for the Canucks.

The remaining members from both teams played in Vancouver. Calgary won that one 3-1.
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...vid=nhl-search

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) - Rene Bourque and Staffan Kronwall scored just over one minute apart early in the third period in the Calgary Flames' 3-1 preseason win over the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday night.

Niklas Hagman opened the scoring late in the second period as the Flames swept a split-squad doubleheader. The Flames beat the Canucks 3-2 in Calgary earlier Tuesday.

Free agent addition Raffi Torres, making his Canucks debut in a game featuring just a dozen NHL regulars, scored Vancouver's only goal with nine minutes left.

Henrik Karlsson, a Swedish rookie expected to back up Miikka Kiprusoff, stopped all 12 shots in two periods. Matt Keetley made eight saves in the third.

Cory Schneider stopped 17 of 18 through two periods for Vancouver before minor leaguer David Shantz took over and was beaten on the first two shots he faced.

Canucks forward Rick Rypien left after the first period with an undisclosed injury and didn't return.

vCash
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=334889

MIKAEL BACKLUND HOPING TO MAKE IMPACT WITH FLAMES THIS YEAR

CALGARY -- After putting up 10 points in 23 games with the Calgary Flames last season, Mikael Backlund has his sights set on making a much bigger impact this year.

With centre Matt Stajan out indefinitely due to a shoulder separation, Backlund has moved higher up the depth chart and is excited about making the most of his opportunity.

"You never want to see a teammate go down and be injured," Backlund said. "Hopefully he'll be back soon. It happened and we've got to look forward now. For me, of course it looks better.

"I get more opportunities now and I'm just going to go out and play like I did before, just work hard."

At practice on Thursday, Backlund was on a line with Rene Bourque and prospect Jon Rheault. The latter was filling in for Niklas Hagman, who missed his second straight practice with what the club called "general maintenance."

Backlund, a 21-year-old Swede, was selected by the Flames with the 24th overall pick in the 2007 NHL entry draft.

Calgary coach Brent Sutter said Backlund has to keep playing his style of game and build off of that.

"He's a young kid," Sutter said. "You can't force it with him. He's got to find his way and we'll help him through that. He just needs to keep playing like he's playing."

Sutter added that Backlund is a well-rounded player.

"I think he showed last year when he came in and played here," he said. "He didn't look out of place at all and he got thrown into some key situations and key spots. That's going to be no different for him right now at this point in time."

Backlund scored a short-handed goal Tuesday as the Flames edged the visiting Vancouver Canucks 3-2 in pre-season play.

"You always want to hear coaches say good things about you, positive stuff," Backlund said. "It feels good that they're confident in me and that helps me be more confident as a player too."

Backlund had 32 points (15-17) in 54 games last season with the Abbotsford Heat of the American Hockey League. He has been trying to improve his defensive play as he tries to cement a permanent spot in the NHL.

"I know they want all the centres to be two-way centres," he said. "And I've been working on it for a couple of years, being really responsible in the defensive zone, especially last year in the minors.

"I worked a lot on it and when I was up here too in the NHL. I feel a lot more confident and better in the defensive zone."

vCash
    http://flames.nhl.com/club/recap.htm...id=DL|CGY|home

Flames 5, Lightning 4, SO
    Associated Press CALGARY, Alberta (AP) - Ales Kotalik scored the deciding goal in a shootout to give the Calgary Flames a 5-4 exhibition victory over the Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday night.

Kotalik also had a goal and two assists, and rookie defenseman T.J. Brodie added a pair of power-play goals for the Flames (3-0). Craig Conroy also scored and Mark Giordano had three assists.

Goalie Miikka Kiprusoff stopped 13 of 15 shots he faced through two periods before being relieved by Matt Keetley to start the final frame. After making 10 saves in the third period and overtime, Keetley made a nice pad save on a shot by Lightning forward Simon Gagne during the shootout.

Vincent Lecavalier scored twice for the Lightning (2-2), Steven Stamkos had a goal and an assist and Gagne also scored. Tampa Bay's Cedrick Desjardins made 19 saves through three periods and overtime before stopping just one of two shots he faced in the shootout.
    I really don't want Kotalik to break camp with the team. His 3 mil off the cap would really help us in more ways than one.

vCash
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=335430

FLAMES' LANGKOW AND STAJAN SIDELINED INDEFINITELY

Calgary Flames forwards Daymond Langkow (neck) and Matt Stajan (shoulder) will be out action for an indefinite period of time, the club announced Monday.

Langkow suffered a season-ending neck injury in March. He has skated with the club during the pre-season, but has yet to be cleared for contact.

The 26-year-old Stajan suffered a separated shoulder against the Vancouver Canucks on the opening night of the pre-season.

Additionally, wingers Rene Bourque and Raitis Ivanans missed practice on Monday for general maintenance resulting from recent training and competition.

vCash
    http://www.tsn.ca/story/?id=335464

FLAMES DEFENCEMAN GIORDANO LOOKING TO BUILD ON STRONG SEASON

CALGARY -- The Calgary Flames may have played below expectations in missing the playoffs last season, but the same can't be said about Mark Giordano.

After scoring 11 goals and adding 19 assists in 82 games with the Flames in 2009-10, Giordano wants to increase his offensive output while also improving his defensive game.

"I'm just going to try and build on last year and try and get better," said Giordano. "I want to be guy who contributes offensively and is a good power-play guy."

In pre-season action against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday, Giordano showed off his offensive talent by setting up three goals, including a pair by rookie defenceman T.J. Brodie on the power play in Calgary's 5-4 shootout win.

"He's sort of the type of defenceman that I model myself after," said Brodie, who's making a strong case to stick with the Flames this season. "He's smart and skilled. If I'm in the right spot, he'll give me the puck."

Flames head coach Brent Sutter has been happy with Giordano so far in training camp and through the exhibition schedule.

"He's just carried on from how he played last year," Sutter said. "He's not someone that I sit and worry about because he's a guy that brings it every night. He plays with his heart on his sleeve and he throws it out there every shift."
    I'm hoping Gio has another good year. That year in Europe really helped him with his puck moving and skating abilities. I'd expect a similar year, especially since you'd have to imagine him playing alot of powerplay time with White and Boumeester.

vCash
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=...navid=sb:recap

CALGARY, Alberta (AP) - Niklas Hagman scored a goal and added an assist to lead the Calgary Flames to 3-1 preseason win against the Phoenix Coyotes on Tuesday night.

Calgary captain Jarome Iginla also scored for the Flames (4-0), and rookie defenseman T.J. Brodie notched his third goal in two games.

Henrik Karlsson, acquired by the Flames from the San Jose Sharks during the offseason, made 19 saves and earned his second win of the preseason.

Shane Doan scored the only goal for the Coyotes (4-2), who got 24 saves from Jason LaBarbera.

Iginla scored his second goal of the preseason just 17 seconds into the game. Olli Jokinen's initial shot was stopped easily by LaBarbera, but Iginla swatted in the rebound before the Phoenix goalie could cover the puck.

The Coyotes tied it five minutes later when Doan netted his team-leading third goal. Wojtek Wolski intercepted Jay Bouwmeester's failed clearing attempt and sent a pass to the slot, where Doan wristed a shot into the top corner.

LaBarbera made a pair of blocker saves on shots by Jokinen and Mikael Backlund before standing his ground to turn aside another scoring chance by Iginla.

Hagman put the Flames up 2-1 early in the second period when he sent a heavy shot into the top corner over LaBarbera's outstretched glove hand.

Jokinen left the Calgary bench during the second period after playing just three shifts and didn't return.

Brodie then gave the Flames an insurance goal 5:36 into the third when he took a pass from Hagman and fired a low point shot past LaBarbera.

vCash
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=335744

FLAMES EDGE ISLANDERS IN SASKATOON FOR FIFTH STRAIGHT WIN

SASKATOON -- It was far from a dominating performance, but the Calgary Flames did enough to keep their pre-season record unblemished.

Playing in their fifth pre-season game, the Flames took advantage of a sluggish and untested New York Islanders split squad en route to a 3-2 win in NHL exhibition action Wednesday night in Saskatoon.

"I thought it was somewhat sloppy at times," said Flames head coach Darryl Sutter. "I didn't think we played a pretty strong game here. That being said, we also did some things that were key at different moments."

Stefan Meyer, Curtis Glencross and Ales Kotalik all scored in the second period to give the Flames (5-0-0) a 3-0 lead they would not relinquish.

Calvin de Haan and Trevor Gillies each scored for the Islanders (0-2-0), who were playing their first two pre-season games Wednesday.

New York's other split squad lost 3-1 in Philadelphia.

"There's a little bit of rust, but considering we're playing a team that's been playing a few games, there's a lot more positive than negative," said Islanders head coach Scott Gordon.

"It's not like we need a major overhaul -- it's our first game. We weren't perfect, but they've played five games and have been far from perfect so we're not going to complain."

After a punchless first period, the Flames were all over Islanders goaltender Rick DiPietro in the second.

Meyer scored two minutes into the second when he deflected Adam Pardy's harmless looking shot past DiPietro.

Less than two minutes later, Glencross stormed into the Islander zone and knocked in his own rebound past a sprawled DiPietro to make it 2-0.

DiPietro's woes continued when his clearance attempt bounced off Kotalik and in the net to give the Flames a 3-0 lead.

"We were a little bit flat," said Meyer. "We had a pretty tough game last night, and it was a big turn around for us to come in. We responded pretty well and it's good that everybody saw a good amount of ice tonight."

DiPietro finished the night with 13 saves on 16 before making way for Mikko Koskinen in the third period. Despite the lacklustre night and blunder on the Kotalik tally, Gordon is confident in his netminder.

"We can attribute some of the game tonight on him not having a lot of work, which says a lot about how the guys played in front of him," said Gordon. "It's obviously encouraging.

"We had a lot of great opportunities that we didn't connect on, so (DiPietro's) game tonight is hard to evaluate."

De Haan scored a power play goal for the Islanders before the end of the second period. Gillies scored early in the third, to give the Islanders hope. However, they could not put another passed Leland Irving who replaced Flames' starter Miikka Kiprusoff at the start of the third period.

Kiprusoff made 14 saves on 15 shots to earn the win. Irivng gave up one goal on seven shots in the third period for the Flames.

The Islanders continue their pre-season schedule Friday on the road against New Jersey. Meanwhile, the Flames take on the Oilers in Edmonton on Friday.

"The bottom line is we want to be a better team," added Sutter. "We have to make sure we're fine tuning our play so we're ready for the first game."

vCash
    http://flames.nhl.com/club/recap.htm?id=2010010079

Flames 5, Oilers 1
    Associated Press EDMONTON, Alberta (AP) - Jarome Iginla scored twice to help the Calgary Flames beat Edmonton 5-1 Friday night, handing the Oilers their first preseason loss.

Niklas Hagman, Jon Rheault and T.J. Brodie also scored for the Flames (6-0-0). Henrik Karlsson stopped 20 shots.

Steve MacIntyre scored for the Oilers (4-1-0).

McIntyre gave Edmonton a 1-0 lead with his score less than 3 minutes into the second period.

Hagman tied the score just past the midpoint of the period, sending a wrist shot that clipped Oilers defenseman Tom Gilbert and got past goalie Nikolai Khabibulin.

Iginla gave the Flames a 2-1 lead with 16.8 seconds remaining in the second, skating past Theo Peckham and chipping a shot past Khabibulin. Iginla then scored 13 seconds into the third period, taking a pass from behind the net by Alex Tanguay and knocking a shot off the crossbar that landed behind Khabibulin. The puck went in off the goalie's skate when Shawn Horcoff tried to sweep it away.

Rheault's quick shot beat Khabibulin glove-side with 2:25 left, and Brodie's power-play goal with less than a minute remaining capped the scoring.

NOTES: This was the first of three consecutive games between the Alberta rivals. The teams play again on Sunday in Calgary and then start the season against each other in Edmonton on Thursday. ... Oilers D Sheldon Souray and G Martin Gerber both cleared waivers on Friday after being put up for grabs the previous day. ... Flames stars Olli Jokinen and Rene Bourque both remained in Calgary. Jokinen is nursing a strained torso muscle, while Bourque's injury has not been released. Daymond Langkow (neck), Matt Stajan (shoulder) and Ryan Stone (knee) remain out indefinitely. . . Calgary's Ales Kotalik had to be helped off the ice after getting hurt in a scrum in front of the Oilers net in the second period.

vCash
    http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|CGY|home

Perfect pre-season
    Kristi Hennessy

Post-Game Analysis:

What better way to finish off an exhibition schedule than to beat the Edmonton Oilers at home in the Saddledome?

The Flames reached a franchise best tonight by going 7-0 in pre-season action. The last two were supposed to be the toughest and the most questionable being against the Edmonton Oilers who at that point were a perfect 4-0.

The Flames lost David Moss and Ales Kotalik to injury on Friday night in Edmonton yet still found a way to score five goals and walk away with a 5-1 victory.

Tonight, the intensity seemed to drop off.

Early into the game, Adam Pardy was rubbed into the glass and looks as though an elbow founds its way into his eye area. He left the game immediately and did not return to the game.

Tanguay's power play goal 5:36 into the first period would result in being the game winner in tonight's tilt which earned him the second star of the night.

Miikka Kiprusoff earned himself the first star of the night with a few remarkable saves tonight. He stopped all 27 shots thrown at him for the shutout.

The Flames will head back to Edmonton for their first regular season game against the Oilers which goes Thursday night at 8:00 pm at Rexall Place. That game is broadcast on CBC.

Flames home opener is set for next Sunday, October 10th at 6:00 pm and will be shown on Sportsnet West.

Third Period Action:

Just over the three minute mark of the final period, Jordan Eberle had arguably the Oilers best chance of the night. Kiprusoff was wide awake as he came out with an amazing highlight reel toe-save to rob Eberle and keep the Oilers off the board. He made the first save that knocked him on his back and as the rebound was heading into the open net, threw his leg up and wacked the puck out of the air with his toe.

Shawn Belle took the period's first penalty as he was sent to the sin-bin for hooking. The Flames swarmed the net looking for a cushion goal but Jeff Deslauriers was able to shut the door and make a few critical saves for the Oilers.

Minutes after Belle's penalty, Rene Bourque found himself with the puck and wide open ice. He raced down on a break-away and shot right into the crest of Deslauriers. The score remained 1-0.

As time started to wind down on the Oilers, they began to play desperate hockey. With just 14 seconds to play, Jeff Deslauriers head to the bench for the extra attacker. Kiprusoff had to be huge in net as the Oilers peppered him with shots in the dying seconds. He managed to cover the puck for a whistle with nine seconds left.

Flames held on to beat the Oilers 1-0 for the second straight game. They now head into the regular season with a perfect 7-0 exhibition schedule.

Second Period Action:

Not a lot of high speed action to speak of in the first half of the second period. Gilbert Brule took a slashing minor at 8:51 putting the Flames on another power play but they could not find a way to put the puck in the net.

Then the Oilers had a chance at the man advantage three minutes later with Raitis Ivanans getting caught for holding. The Oilers had a few good chances but they too could not get things going on the power play.

Jeff Deslauries replaced Deven Dubnyk at the midway mark of the second period.

In the dying minutes of the second frame, Mark Giordano connected for a huge hit on Ben Ondrus into the end boards. Ondrus head immediately to the dressing room for repairs as he was cut open on the play.

Flames hold the 1-0 lead after two periods of play. Shots tied 18-18.

First Period Action:

Flames starting line-up: Alex Tanguay, Jarome Iginla, Olli Jokinen
    Robyn Regehr, Ian White

Oilers starting line-up: Andrew Cogliano, Gilbert Brule, Dustin Penner
    Ladislav Smid, Tom Gilbert

Things started off tame on either end with both teams picking up a couple shots each on net. Jason Strudwick got the first penalty of the night as he got caught for interference.

Just 32 seconds into the game, Adam Pardy on his first shift, took a big hit into the glass resulting in him leaving the game. It appears that he may have had an elbow up into the eye area. We'll wait for updates later in the game.

The Flames first power play unit smelled the blood. Giordano started the play off, finding Iginla down low. Iginla battled with the puck behind the net and passed it in front to Alex Tanguay. Tanguay fired the puck past Devan Dubnyk to give the Flames the 1-0 lead.

The Oilers found the penalty box again at 9:54 with Steve MacIntyre in the box for roughing. Flames got their second power play opportunity of the period but failed to convert.

Alex Tanguay instead head to the box for tripping with six minutes to play in the opening frame to give the Oilers a chance on the power play. The Oilers only managed to get a pair of shots on net and neither found the scoreboard.

1-0 Flames after twenty minutes. Shots were 13-7 for Calgary.
    That's a perfect preseason folks. Of course, we're now destroyed up the middle with Stajan and Moss being hurt, Langkow already being hurt and Jokinen's injury apparently being minor. He should be ready for Thursday, though. Pardy got hurt in this game which isn't good for our defensive depth.
    Last edited by statquo; 10-04-2010 at 02:34 AM.

vCash
    http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=539423

FLAMES MAKE ROSTER CUTS

The Calgary Flames have trimmed their roster by threeSunday, 03.10.2010 / 11:22 PM / News calgaryflames.comCalgary, AB -- Calgary Flames Executive Vice-President and General Manager Darryl Sutter announced today that John Armstrong, Leland Irving and Jon Rheault have been assigned to the Abbotsford Heat of the American Hockey League.

The Flames now have 30 players remaining at training camp: two goalies, 10 defensemen and 18 forwards

vCash
    http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|CGY|home

Calgary, AB – The Calgary Flames announced today that Cam Cunning, Staffan Kronwall and Matt Pelech have been assigned to the Abbotsford Heat of the American Hockey League.

The Flames open up the 2010-11 regular season against the Edmonton Oilers on Thursday, October 7th at Rexall Place