Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Raptors Fantasy Basketball 2009/2010 Thread

PSD Raptors Fans League - Season 4
    #1 Fantasy Basketball League @ PSD

Hello Everyone,

You have all been sent PM's regarding the upcoming fantasy season.

Review of last season and the off-season:
    - Dol- Fan is the league Champ, dethroning Bob At York.
    - AK-50 and Ragun have been cut from the league.
    - We need to decide on how we fill these two spots.
    - You need to decide on your keeper picks. To review your roster click on the recap link below...
    - Links to last season:
    2008/2009 Thread #1
    2008/2009 Thread #2
    2008/2009 Recap of Standings and Playoffs
    2007/2008 Recap of Standings and Playoffs
    2006/2007 Recap of Standings and Playoffs

2009 Draft Rules
    1.) All current owners are allowed to keep no more than two players on their current roster. Its their choice on whether they want to keep two, one or no players.

2.) For every player an owner keeps, they lose a draft pick. If an owner keeps one player they lose their 1st round pick. It the owner keeps two players they lose their 1st and 2nd round picks.

3.) All new owners begin the draft in the first round just like any ordinary league. Only the keeper picks will be off limits.

4.) The deadline for keeper selection will be determined when the draft date is set.

5.) Post keeper picks in here or PM me. You may use a "keeper tag" on a player no more than two consecutive times.
    Last edited by LD V2.0; 09-09-2009 at 11:47 AM.

vCash
    DRAFT ORDER:
    * As per the inverted standings.
    * Keepers in RED

* (#) indicates draft round.
    * F indicates the second consecutive use or in other words, the final allowed use of a "keeper tag" on a player.

1. Bob At York
    2. The Wise - LeBron James (1)
    3. Star
    4. Ramon Nivar
    5. Conway429
    6. LD V2.0 - Kevin Durant (1) & Dwight Howard (2)
    7. Greg_Ory_2005 - Dirk Nowitzki F(1)
    8. JermanJaysFan - Dwayne Wade (1)
    9. HalladayMVP
    10. JayzTO
    11. Macedonian
    12. Dol-Fan
    13. Empty
    14. Empty
    Last edited by LD V2.0; 09-10-2009 at 09:47 AM.

vCash
    I came in last? that sucks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    I came in last? that sucks.
    Last year, yes. This year you have the #1 pick. Best to look only forward on this one Bob.

vCash
    Dam, tanking didnt really help me with my draft spot. it would of been nice to get Lebron a little later and have a high 2nd round pick

I'll keep Lebron. Still thinking bout Duncan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wise 1 View Post
    Dam, tanking didnt really help me with my draft spot. it would of been nice to get Lebron a little later and have a high 2nd round pick

Well you get the 2nd overall pick ion the 3rd round. That's really where all the action begins in a keeper league. I'm liking my draft position...I only wish I could have won a few more games and made the playoffs last year. Drafting in the middle would have had more meaning then.

vCash
    I'll keep Dirk..will decide later if I choose a 2nd player.

S E A N....M A Y N E

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LD V2.0 View Post
    5.) Post keeper picks in here or PM me. You may keep a player no more than two consecutive seasons.
    So does that mean you can only "keep" a player once?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob_at_york View Post
    So does that mean you can only "keep" a player once?
    Good point. The wording was slightly off but fixed now.

Quote Originally Posted by LD V2.0 View Post
    5.) Post keeper picks in here or PM me. You may use a "keeper tag" on a player no more than two consecutive times.

vCash
    The league has been created and email invites have been distributed. Same rules and roster numbers as last year. Please use your PSD name as your team name. Do not give the password to anyone. I'll delete anyone from the league who I don't know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wise 1 View Post

i dont know .... not much respect for a guy that purposely tanks ... really we should put a rule in to avoid this in the future .... its a pretty ****** thing to do when it comes to sportsmanship ...
    Everyone's favourite Star

vCash
    Just a question ... if we "keep" a player ... does that mean that they are automatically my first pick ...

IE. Say i was going to "keep" 2 players Granger(1st pick); Nene(2nd pick) - can release granger and use 1st pick on someone else - but keep my second best player (nene) as pick 2?

Like i understand it would be gay if i could take Granger (my best player) and move him to the 2nd round .... but since i am letting my best player go - i think it makes sense to be able to keep my second best player at round 2.

Because - this would mean that in order to keep your second best player (at 2nd round) you automatically have to keep the best ranked guy (number 1) or else you lose out ... cause im not gonna pick nene 3rd overall ....
    Last edited by star; 09-10-2009 at 12:08 AM.
    Everyone's favourite Star

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    Just a question ... if we "keep" a player ... does that mean that they are automatically my first pick ...

IE. Say i was going to "keep" 2 players Granger(1st pick); Nene(2nd pick) - can release granger and use 1st pick on someone else - but keep my second best player (nene) as pick 2?

Like i understand it would be gay if i could take Granger (my best player) and move him to the 2nd round .... but since i am letting my best player go - i think it makes sense to be able to keep my second best player at round 2.

Because - this would mean that in order to keep your second best player (at 2nd round) you automatically have to keep the best ranked guy (number 1) or else you lose out ... cause im not gonna pick nene 3rd overall ....
    Pretty sure you can't...

vCash
    I'm keeping Wade, by the way.

vCash
    i dont know .... not much respect for a guy that purposely tanks ... really we should put a rule in to avoid this in the future .... its a pretty ****** thing to do when it comes to sportsmanship ...
    Good point star. Its a rule that probably should have been spelled out in the past. Currently we have a rule that if you're not active you get cut. But let's make it more clear, no tanking allowed and if its proven the punishment will be that you're cut from the league. Anything that happened in the past doesn't apply to this new rule.

You get two keeper tags:

Keeper tag one = 1st round pick
    Keeper tag two = 2nd round pick

Its that simple. If you use both tags you forfeit your first two picks. There are no loop holes here to exploit. Tags are not reusable and you cannot use the second keeper tag(only used in the second round) unless you use your first keeper tag. Who's the "best player" is open to interpretation and we're not going there star. If you want to keep your second best player then use your first keeper tag and forfeit your 1st rounder.
    Last edited by LD V2.0; 09-10-2009 at 09:45 AM.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast