Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    thats all im saying....
    nothing more, nothing less.
    3,000 yards in 3 seasons?

Maybe it's not that he hasn't lived up to expectations, maybe it's you had TOO HIGH of expectations for him...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    3,000 yards in 3 seasons?

Maybe it's not that he hasn't lived up to expectations, maybe it's you had TOO HIGH of expectations for him...
    perhaps your right. perhaps expectations where set way to high....

vCash
    Last year it was 8, just saying.

Also, I don't see how you can even continue to post in this thread, you've been proven wrong so many times...

By the way, I'm still waiting to hear your comeback on why all the Elite WRs you mentioned had years as bad as CJs?

Suppose I have to keep waiting...
    All the wrs u named with the exception of to and Ocho werebattling an injury. While they still played in a fair amount of games they had to deal with injuries almost eclusively. As for u calling yourself proving me wrong that's ludicrous. No cj fan has proved anything. All they can do is point to one good season. And I can do that too with Roy Williams braylon Edwards mike Clayton all u guys do is give me a million and one reasons why cj can't make a play...... I'm sick of ecuses show me on Sundays...... Jack
    Check Us out at http://profbdaily.com
    "We analyze what you see on Sundays"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bahama0811 View Post
    It helps to have a decent QB throwing to you.
    It helps to not always get double teamed all the time. It also helps to have a supporting cast around you.

University of Arkansas At Pine Bluff and Detroit, Michigan
    vCash
    lmao this thread made me lol

2012 - Arkansas Pine Bluff Baseball Player - Outfielder

vCash
    the dudes good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drobe86 View Post
    All the wrs u named with the exception of to and Ocho werebattling an injury. While they still played in a fair amount of games they had to deal with injuries almost eclusively. As for u calling yourself proving me wrong that's ludicrous. No cj fan has proved anything. All they can do is point to one good season. And I can do that too with Roy Williams braylon Edwards mike Clayton all u guys do is give me a million and one reasons why cj can't make a play...... I'm sick of ecuses show me on Sundays...... Jack
    You tell me I'm makin excuses for cj an your counterpoint for all those wrs down years is an injury excuse? And FYI ocho did bad that year not cuz he was injured, it was cuz PALMER was injured... And speakin of shown u on sundays how about that 86 yards and 2 tds... A little better than austins 2 catches 20 yards I'd say.

Just curious what are you gonna do if cj has a good year this year? I'm curious to know what other hate you'll come up with

vCash
    Calvin Johnson asked Charles Woodson how his sack tasted today.
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    but he da best ever doo
    he iz lyke gonna be betta than revix u can sigg quot me

vCash
    You tell me I'm makin excuses for cj an your counterpoint for all those wrs down years is an injury excuse? And FYI ocho did bad that year not cuz he was injured, it was cuz PALMER was injured... And speakin of shown u on sundays how about that 86 yards and 2 tds... A little better than austins 2 catches 20 yards I'd say.

Just curious what are you gonna do if cj has a good year this year? I'm curious to know what other hate you'll come up with
    If he has a great year, then i think you have to rank him has a top notch reciever.

In my eyes, he has never had a great year. Just some mediocore years. He obviously has some great talent. And I just want to see him produce. like i said before, the no qb is a good excuse, but if he NEVER has a good qb, then what? He can use that his whole career?

Recievers like fitz, and moss, or whoever, have established themselves enough, that if they have a bad year, there still considered elite, because of there history....

calvin, so far this year, looks pretty impressive.... Id just like to see it more consistantly...

but, i have to admit, i already feel like eating crow.....
    any

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    If he has a great year, then i think you have to rank him has a top notch reciever.

In my eyes, he has never had a great year. Just some mediocore years. He obviously has some great talent. And I just want to see him produce. like i said before, the no qb is a good excuse, but if he NEVER has a good qb, then what? He can use that his whole career?

Recievers like fitz, and moss, or whoever, have established themselves enough, that if they have a bad year, there still considered elite, because of there history....

calvin, so far this year, looks pretty impressive.... Id just like to see it more consistantly...
    Never? You don't consider 1,331 yards and 12tds on a 17.1 ypc a great year?!

You do know all those numbers were better than miles Austin's good year
    right?

vCash
    I just want him to be a free agent already It would be SICK to see him with a excellent Qb throwing to him. I hope Staddford can do it for him though. Maybe he can hook up with Matt Ryan in the future, while Ryans hitting his prime ray:....I wishh

vCash
    He had 146 yards today with a 3rd string QB throwing to him for half the game.

He's up to 437 yards and 5 TD on the season. On pace for 77 catches, 1165 yards and 13 TD. A far cry from where he was a few games ago, and where people were "projecting" him at.

What does this mean? Nothing much, as there's still a ton of the season to be played.

But the point is that you can't base much off of two or three games. Calvin not only has incredible ability, but he's making insane catches and putting up those stats that people were looking for.

vCash
    They still dont get him the ball enough...whole quarters go by with no targets to Calvin or maybe one forced into coverage...

It hard to tell how good he can actually be til Stafford is healthy...Hes played well with Hill and Stanton so im assuming it will get better with Stafford...

Props to StriveGreatness

vCash
    whats up with all the miles austin love? does everyone think he is really that good just because of his stats from last season? Does everyone know why he is getting all this love? it is because he is on the cowboys and he is always under the spot light. If anything Sidney Rice played equally as good as Austin. There numbers are exactly identical, yet Rice does not recieve any of the attention Austin gets. But this is aside from all the points. Calvin Johnson is a beast. and the only arguement this guy has is that he doesn't produce. Dude look at all your QB's. ur comparing shaun hill / daunte cullpepper and jon kitna to players like Warner, Brady, Manning, Palmer, Schaub, Ryan... Your lack of football knowledge was obvious, but it was even more obvious once you said that Fitgerald wouldve had better stats with Anquan Bolding not being in Arizona.

vCash
    Calvin is a top 3 WR in the NFL, however his lack of production compared to the ELITES in the league is directly attributed to the lack of a consistent QB, WR help, and lack of run game. The Lions haven't been very competitive the past 3 years, but Calvin still produces. All these great receivers establish themselves after they can finally find a QB they connect with. Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, Andre Johnson, Steve Smith, Larry Fitzgerald etc.. i believe Stafford can be that QB for Johnson, theyr gonna be scary just wait
    NEXT ERA

NEXT ERA

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast