Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 153
  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    3,698
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockerArt View Post
    In 1990, Jerry Rice had 8 catches for 100 yards and 1 TD in the first two games. He finished with 100 rec, 1502 yds, 13 TDs.

    In 1992, Rice had 8 catches for 82 yards and 0 TD in the first two games. He finished that season with 84 rec, 1201 yards, 10 TDs.

    Maybe your sample size is too small there? Maybe WRs are inconsistent because of the nature of the position, even the GOAT himself? Maybe you're just cherry picking because you have no idea what you're talking about?
    Ok so so because Rice got off to a slow start and then tore it up means Johnson will? You're seriously using Jerry Rice as an example to show anything relating to calvin Johnson? That's dumb. Sure it's only been 2 games but what about guys like Miles austin, Ochocinco, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson and Roddy white? They all found ways to make plays in the 2 games that have been played. All you guys are doing is giving me excuses.. Big time players make big time plays. If you ain't top 5 you aint ****. And I just gave you the top 5 wr in 2010 based on statistics..... Thats fact....
    Last edited by drobe86; 09-23-2010 at 06:30 PM.
    Check Us out at http://profbdaily.com
    "We analyze what you see on Sundays"










  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    3,698
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jason17 View Post
    Andre Johnsons numbers wen't up greatly in 08 and 09 when Shaub was there QB or better yet that was his two break out year. Other than his previous ones they been decent .


    And Ocho cinco has had Carson Palmer his whole life. And T.O had Steve Young and Jeff Garcia Calvin Johnson had done alot from nothing with guys like Kitna and Culpepper . He should of won the game against the bears but that was a clutch game winning TD.


    Dudes a beast and I hope one day there GM makes a dumb mistake and trade him to the Redskins.

    I'm not saying Calvin Johnson is big or fast. He's a freak.. But it hasn't translated on the football field. I got a guy telling me he's a 1000 yard wr every year when he's only had 1,000 + for 1 year........
    Check Us out at http://profbdaily.com
    "We analyze what you see on Sundays"










  3. 09-23-2010, 08:36 PM
    Reason
    Baiting

  4. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ja-Blam
    Posts
    7,098
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by drobe86 View Post
    2008 season? There's only 1 problem Miles Austin wasn't even a starter in 2008. Let's compare them in 2009 and 2010. Exactly that's what I thought.....


    Miles had over 1300 yards and 11 tds in 09 after starting 12 games.
    Calvin had 981 yards and what 5 tds in 09 after starting 10 games.


    Lets check 2010 Miles has had 100 + yards in both games this season and a td.
    Calvin Johnson has 95 yards on 8 catches and 1 td in 2 games.

    Now, don't give me the excuse of he played on a bad team and his team was 2-30. It doesn't matter you make plays. Ochocinco made plays on bad teams for years, as well as steve smith, as well as TO, as well as Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitz, and Andre Johnson has been on a bad team his whole career. So your point? Hell I can even use Miles as an example. The Cowboys are 0-2 and clearly one of the worst teams in the league right now. Yet, somehow Miles continues to show up every week and post 100 yard games. Get it?
    If all these guys produce ALL THE TIME, then how do you explain these years?

    Ochocinco: 2008 53 catches, 540 yards, 4 TDs, 13 games.
    Andre Johnson: 2005 63 catches, 688 yards, 2 TDs, 13 games.
    Anquan Boldin: 2004 56 catches, 623 yards, 1 TD, 10 games.
    Steve Smith: 2009 65 catches, 982 yards, 7 TDs, 15 games.
    Terrell Owens: 2009 55 catches, 829 yards, 5 TDs, 16 games.

    What do all these years have in common?

    a. you said all these receivers produce EVERY year, which clearly they don't.

    b. All of them were during a year where the teams QB SUCKED.

    Doesn't reason B. SOUND REMARKABLY SIMILAR TO THE LIONS LAST YEAR?!

    Maybe that was why CJ's stats were down...

    IN FACT. Looking at CJs stats last year, they pretty much on par with all of these guys... And that's not even looking at his 2nd year stats, which were downright PHENOMENAL considering his team (and quarterback) absolutely blew (in fact, their as good as Austin's 1 good year aren't they? imagine CJ with Romo ).

    And the second sentence reeks of idiocy for the reason I just posted. It's not that their TEAMS sucked, it's that their QUARTERBACKS SUCK. So unless your willing to sit here and tell me Romo sucks I say your argument is baseless...

    Get it?

  5. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ja-Blam
    Posts
    7,098
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by drobe86 View Post
    I never said he was awful, I said his play doesn't justify the hype. You say he's on pace for 800 yards this year right.... Since when was that Elite? And if he's been disappointing statistically doesn't that mean his overall play has been disappointing? Just saying....
    HE JUST SAID THAT CALVINS FIRST 3 YEARS WERE NEARLY IDENTICAL TO ANDRE JOHNSONS AND LARRY FITZGERALDS!!

    How is that disappointing statistically?

    Seriously, are you being dumb INTENTIONALLY?!

  6. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ja-Blam
    Posts
    7,098
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by drobe86 View Post
    Ok so so because Rice got off to a slow start and then tore it up means Johnson will? You're seriously using Jerry Rice as an example to show anything relating to calvin Johnson? That's dumb. Sure it's only been 2 games but what about guys like Miles austin, Ochocinco, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson and Roddy white? They all found ways to make plays in the 2 games that have been played. All you guys are doing is giving me excuses.. Big time players make big time plays. If you ain't top 5 you aint ****. And I just gave you the top 5 wr in 2010 based on statistics..... Thats fact....
    Weren't you the guy who literally called Dallas' first 2 games MEANINGLESS SEPTEMBER GAMES?!

    So they don't matter when talking about Dallas' record but they are the end all be all for WR comparisons?

    Your arguments are literally so pathetic it takes absolutely no effort on anyone's part to refute them. Yes you named the first 5 WRs in the league statistically, and they are a pretty decent list of best WRs, but under your reasoning the 5-12th best WRs in the LEAGUE in 2010 are:

    Austin Collie
    Kevin Walter
    Brandon Lloyd
    Santana Moss
    DeSean Jackson
    Eddie Royal
    Mario Manningham

    See how WRONG your point is. Tell me, with a straight face, that you HONESTLY believe Kevin Walter or Mario Manningham is better than Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss, Marques Colston, or Greg Jennings...

    Do you EVEN watch football or do you ONLY use stats?

    Either way, I've lost respect for Miles Austin now because I know people like you cheer for him...

  7. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    30,280
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by drobe86 View Post
    So I've been watching alot of the posts in the Miles Austin thread and I see alot of posters here on PSD feel Calvin Johnson is an elite wr. My question is How? what has he done that warrants even average consideration? His 2010 stats read 8 catches for 95 yards and 1 td. Are people so mesmerised by his combine stats and measurables that they cannot see past his subpar production in 09 and now a miserable start to 2010? Discuss......
    Jumping in late here, but he's not elite b/c of stats, he's elite because SKILL wise he's a top 3-5 WR in the NFL. He causes opponents to scheme around him and changes the way defenses play.

    He may be going to waste on the Lions, but the little success he's had in a bad situation is a sign of greatness (equate it with Randy Moss's stint with the Raiders....not exactly the same, but still a drop off from a VERY talented WR).

    Stats don't make any player elite; skills make them elite.

  8. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,274
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Either way, I've lost respect for Miles Austin now because I know people like you cheer for him...
    This .

  9. #68
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Castle Grayskull
    Posts
    2,115
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by drobe86 View Post
    Ok so so because Rice got off to a slow start and then tore it up means Johnson will? You're seriously using Jerry Rice as an example to show anything relating to calvin Johnson? That's dumb. Sure it's only been 2 games but what about guys like Miles austin, Ochocinco, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson and Roddy white? They all found ways to make plays in the 2 games that have been played. All you guys are doing is giving me excuses.. Big time players make big time plays. If you ain't top 5 you aint ****. And I just gave you the top 5 wr in 2010 based on statistics..... Thats fact....
    Are you really that dense? It has nothing to do with comparing CJ to Rice. The point was that 2 games is a small sample size. Wide receivers are streaky players that depend on their QB to get them the ball. They all go through up and down stretches. You are cherry-picking stats and using them incorrectly.

  10. #69
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    3,698
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    HE JUST SAID THAT CALVINS FIRST 3 YEARS WERE NEARLY IDENTICAL TO ANDRE JOHNSONS AND LARRY FITZGERALDS!!

    How is that disappointing statistically?

    Seriously, are you being dumb INTENTIONALLY?!

    Those numbers were close yes, but Fitz and Andres stats were better. Also you can't really count Fitz there because they had Anquan Boldin as well. If Fitz were the only wr there he would have had more statistics.....
    Check Us out at http://profbdaily.com
    "We analyze what you see on Sundays"










  11. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    6,573
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by drobe86 View Post
    Those numbers were close yes, but Fitz and Andres stats were better. Also you can't really count Fitz there because they had Anquan Boldin as well. If Fitz were the only wr there he would have had more statistics.....
    He also had Matt Leinart for a fair amount of games.

    If Boldin wasn't there, coverage would have been all over Fitz (like it is now, and like it is for CJ).

    Boldin being there helped Fitz's stats if anything dude.


    To every QB in the NFL, welcome to your own personal hell.

  12. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ja-Blam
    Posts
    7,098
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by drobe86 View Post
    Those numbers were close yes, but Fitz and Andres stats were better. Also you can't really count Fitz there because they had Anquan Boldin as well. If Fitz were the only wr there he would have had more statistics.....
    Calvin: 193 catches, 3,071 yards, 21 TDs
    Andre: 208 catches, 2,806 yards, 12 TDs
    Larry: 230 catches, 3,135 yards, 24 TDs

    Really? Those stats are better? So Andre having -265 yards and 9 less TDs is better?

    I'll give you that Larry's was better... by a WHOPPING 37 catches, 64 yards, and 3 TDs...

    Also consider Andre has never had a 10 TD season, something Calvins done.
    And Larry has never averaged 15 yards a catch, something Calvins done.

    They were the same stats. Do you get tired of being proven wrong OVER AND OVER on this thread?! Just curious...

    And your last sentence proves you don't WATCH football. Saying that Larry was HINDERED because he had another good WR on the other side is the most idiotic thing I've heard. He wasn't hindered, he was tremendously helped because with Anquan on the other side, the Defense couldn't focus coverage on him, they had to spread it out, meaning he faced less double teams.

    Sorry, I was talking football for a second, I'll try to refrain because I know you don't like it...

  13. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    7,886
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by drobe86 View Post
    Those numbers were close yes, but Fitz and Andres stats were better. Also you can't really count Fitz there because they had Anquan Boldin as well. If Fitz were the only wr there he would have had more statistics.....
    No he wouldn't, Jesus Christ...
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    but he da best ever doo
    he iz lyke gonna be betta than revix u can sigg quot me

  14. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    39,145
    vCash
    1500
    Calvin Johnson had freakin' Roy Williams starting opposite him in his rookie season as well...

  15. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,274
    vCash
    1000
    ^ Roy Williams freaking blows.

  16. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    39,145
    vCash
    1500
    Now he does, definitely. Not back then. He put up 836 yards in 12 games during Calvin's first season. And that was coming off of his 1300 yard season.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •