Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    dude he plays for the lions, a team that won 2 games in the last 2 years. you can have all the talent in the world, you still need other pieces on the team around you
    So the team stops him from making plays? So can you explain to me why TO was putting up 1300 +yard seasons when the 49ers were terrible right before he went to philly? Or how about Andre Johnson? HEre's a guy who played for the Texans and was the 1 and only good player on the team for a number of years. I don't think that stopped him from making plays. Or how about Ochocinco when Cincinatti was the laughing stock of the league? Other guys made plays in the same situation that he is but they still put up numbers why is this situation different? I'll wait....
    Check Us out at http://profbdaily.com
    "We analyze what you see on Sundays"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drobe86 View Post
    I clearly do understand football and it's simple. Only the fans make it more difficult. You either make plays or you don't. I also never said he wasn't talented. He's a starting NFL wr so obviously he's talented. But he hasn't done anything to be considered one of the top wr. And what's funny is people come up with these excuses as to why he doesn't make plays.
    a. he doesn't have a qb
    b. he doesn't have any talent surrounding him
    c. he's been injured

I'm not saying he's not talented but his hype is far greater than his production and the statistics show.......
    What do you mean he doesn't "make plays". In 2008 he had over 1300 yards and 12 TDs. Last year he had 984 yards in 14 games. Still pretty good but an off year for him. HE makes planty of "plays".

All this while playing on one of the worst teams with an inexperienced quarterback throwing him the ball and a bad o-line to go with that. Most of the balls he catches are difficult too.

vCash
    So the team stops him from making plays? So can you explain to me why TO was putting up 1300 +yard seasons when the 49ers were terrible right before he went to philly? Or how about Andre Johnson? HEre's a guy who played for the Texans and was the 1 and only good player on the team for a number of years. I don't think that stopped him from making plays. Or how about Ochocinco when Cincinatti was the laughing stock of the league? Other guys made plays in the same situation that he is but they still put up numbers why is this situation different? I'll wait....
    yea it very well could. its hard to get the stats and plays when your qb can't get you the ball because he's scrambling for his life. calvin johnson is a great talent and is easily a top 3 wide out
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    drobe, let me ask you this.

How many Lions games do you watch every year? I'm guessing not too many, because let's be honest, they aren't in the division, and they've been a crappy team. Hey, I'm the same way, I don't watch alot of Lions games at all.

Are you just focusing on Calvin's stats? Dude watch Calvin making plays. Go to NFL.com, watch some video. The guy is a monster.

To every QB in the NFL, welcome to your own personal hell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpackers12 View Post
    That's my biggest problem with CJ. He doesn't have that fire that Moss, Owens, and some of the great ones have. These guys demand the ball, and they get it. It gets them labeled as diva's, but it also gets them the ball. Everyone knows CJ has the talent, but he should be screaming for the ball on a constant basis because he has the talent to take it to the house when it's in his hands. He seems like a really good dude, but on the field he needs to turn into an absolute animal and destroy the man in front of him. He just doesn't have that killer instinct yet.
    Cuz Moss had sooooo much "fire" in Oakland and TO in buffalo....hell TO shows more fire in outburst to the media because he cries too much

vCash
    First off TO had Jeff Garcia who like it or not was a pro bowler for the 49ers.
    We were not terrible before TO left we digressed after he left us in shambles (It is ok most children cant remember that far back).

Andre Johnson is a very unique player who is very similar to your overrated buddy Calvin in body type, hands , & routes. Funny thing is that Andre Johnson diddnt have his best years until Matt Shaub came to the Texans in 2007 Johnson got injured that year but the next 2 years were his best in 2008-2009.

I will agree with you on this that Cincy was a laughing stock & Chad Johnson(OchoCinco) was still one of the most productive receivers in the past decade.

Another guy is Steve Smith you forgot about.
    He won the Triple crown in receiving 2005 after missing the whole 2004 season(only 3 people have ever won the triple crown in the nfl-Jerry Rice, Sterling Sharpe, & Steve Smith).
    He has had Jake Delhomme as his QB for most of his career and still has put up amazing numbers for such a lousy QB.

Most receivers dont have the luxury of having a awesome QB (like Steve Smith).
    You cant debate the productivity a guy would have from Peyton manning throwing him the ball compared to Kyle Orton.....

Just keep that in mind before you call somebody overrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    Hahahah You must really want people to wax Miles balls.

CJ is an absolute monster.

You keep saying the team doesn't matter when in some circumstances it may not but, when you play on a team that looked like a deer in the Head lights it does. He is a freak of nature and has natural ability.

He has warranted amazing catches and anytime the Lions decide to remember he is on there team he can absolutely take over a game. I don't see a single CB that can match him comfortably except maybe Revis who I wouldn't be surprised if even that didn't end well for him.

vCash
    You don't get the nickname MEGATRON for being a soft *** player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by northsider View Post
    Hahahah You must really want people to wax Miles balls.

CJ is an absolute monster.

You keep saying the team doesn't matter when in some circumstances it may not but, when you play on a team that looked like a deer in the Head lights it does. He is a freak of nature and has natural ability.

He has warranted amazing catches and anytime the Lions decide to remember he is on there team he can absolutely take over a game. I don't see a single CB that can match him comfortably except maybe Revis who I wouldn't be surprised if even that didn't end well for him.

You can throw the whole Miles Austin thing out.... I'm done comparing the two. Tell me how Calvin Johnson is a great wr and he doesn't make plays. 984 for a number 1 wr? Or how about 95 yards on 8 catches in 2 games? Elite wrs put those numbers up in a half......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles_Guy View Post
    drobe, let me ask you this.

How many Lions games do you watch every year? I'm guessing not too many, because let's be honest, they aren't in the division, and they've been a crappy team. Hey, I'm the same way, I don't watch alot of Lions games at all.

Are you just focusing on Calvin's stats? Dude watch Calvin making plays. Go to NFL.com, watch some video. The guy is a monster.

I've had NFL Sunday ticket for years bro. And I've watched Calvin Johnson countless times. Sure he comes up with highlights here and there but who doesn't? I simply want to know if he's an elite player why isn't he putting up big numbers?

vCash
    2008 season? There's only 1 problem Miles Austin wasn't even a starter in 2008. Let's compare them in 2009 and 2010. Exactly that's what I thought.....

Miles had over 1300 yards and 11 tds in 09 after starting 12 games.
    Calvin had 981 yards and what 5 tds in 09 after starting 10 games.

Lets check 2010 Miles has had 100 + yards in both games this season and a td.
    Calvin Johnson has 95 yards on 8 catches and 1 td in 2 games.

Now, don't give me the excuse of he played on a bad team and his team was 2-30. It doesn't matter you make plays. Ochocinco made plays on bad teams for years, as well as steve smith, as well as TO, as well as Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitz, and Andre Johnson has been on a bad team his whole career. So your point? Hell I can even use Miles as an example. The Cowboys are 0-2 and clearly one of the worst teams in the league right now. Yet, somehow Miles continues to show up every week and post 100 yard games. Get it?
    Why the Hell are you just passing over his 2008 season like it was nothing? He ****ing had 1331 yards. He's played three seasons in this league. He has over 3,000 yards total. Yet he's a 800 yard guy? Based on what? Nothing? Your own ignorance?

Calvin's first three seasons have been better than Andre Johnson's first three seasons. And it's relatively safe to say, IMO, that Calvin is going to at the very least put up equal stats to Andre in both of their first 5 seasons (even if you consider Calvin a sub-1,000 yard receiver). What happened to Andre? He got a God damn QB who could throw the ball.

Let's compare Calvin's first three seasons to Fitzgerald's:

PHP Code:
         Johnson                               Fitzgerald
    Year     G     Yards                    Year    G   Yards
    1        15    756                        1     58    780
    2        16    1331                       2     103   1409
    3        16    984                        3     69    946
    Total    45     3071                    Total   45    3135 
    What's the difference here?

I don't get what you're arguing here. Calvin has strong stats. He had a strong rookie year, a spectacular second season and last season he had 984 yards in 14 games (more like 13, as he left in the 1st quarter of the Pittsburgh game with 1 reception for 2 yards). That translates to, what, 1100 yards in a 16 game season? My God that's awful. And oh man, he's off to a sub-par start this season. Wow. Awful. Because all great receivers have 16 games of 100 yards or more each season. And because Shaun Hill has a really strong arm. Come on. The dude is good for 1,000 yards per year.

Not to mention the fact that Johnson has been disappointing statistically through two games this season, and at this pace, he's still a 800 yard receiver.
    Last edited by Driven; 09-22-2010 at 07:53 PM.

vCash
    Andre Johnsons numbers wen't up greatly in 08 and 09 when Shaub was there QB or better yet that was his two break out year. Other than his previous ones they been decent .

And Ocho cinco has had Carson Palmer his whole life. And T.O had Steve Young and Jeff Garcia Calvin Johnson had done alot from nothing with guys like Kitna and Culpepper . He should of won the game against the bears but that was a clutch game winning TD.

Dudes a beast and I hope one day there GM makes a dumb mistake and trade him to the Redskins.
    Reed Doughty .......where second chances will ALWAYS HAPPEN. Stay tuned.

vCash
    You can throw the whole Miles Austin thing out.... I'm done comparing the two. Tell me how Calvin Johnson is a great wr and he doesn't make plays. 984 for a number 1 wr? Or how about 95 yards on 8 catches in 2 games? Elite wrs put those numbers up in a half......
    You're struggling tough bro.
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    but he da best ever doo
    he iz lyke gonna be betta than revix u can sigg quot me

vCash
    In 1990, Jerry Rice had 8 catches for 100 yards and 1 TD in the first two games. He finished with 100 rec, 1502 yds, 13 TDs.

In 1992, Rice had 8 catches for 82 yards and 0 TD in the first two games. He finished that season with 84 rec, 1201 yards, 10 TDs.

Maybe your sample size is too small there? Maybe WRs are inconsistent because of the nature of the position, even the GOAT himself? Maybe you're just cherry picking because you have no idea what you're talking about?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Why the Hell are you just passing over his 2008 season like it was nothing? He ****ing had 1331 yards. He's played three seasons in this league. He has over 3,000 yards total. Yet he's a 800 yard guy? Based on what? Nothing? Your own ignorance?

Calvin's first three seasons have been better than Andre Johnson's first three seasons. And it's relatively safe to say, IMO, that Calvin is going to at the very least put up equal stats to Andre in both of their first 5 seasons (even if you consider Calvin a sub-1,000 yard receiver). What happened to Andre? He got a God damn QB who could throw the ball.

Let's compare Calvin's first three seasons to Fitzgerald's:

PHP Code:
         Johnson                               Fitzgerald
    Year     G     Yards                    Year    G   Yards
    1        15    756                        1     58    780
    2        16    1331                       2     103   1409
    3        16    984                        3     69    946
    Total    45     3071                    Total   45    3135 
    What's the difference here?

I don't get what you're arguing here. Calvin has strong stats. He had a strong rookie year, a spectacular second season and last season he had 984 yards in 14 games (more like 13, as he left in the 1st quarter of the Pittsburgh game with 1 reception for 2 yards). That translates to, what, 1100 yards in a 16 game season? My God that's awful. And oh man, he's off to a sub-par start this season. Wow. Awful. Because all great receivers have 16 games of 100 yards or more each season. And because Shaun Hill has a really strong arm. Come on. The dude is good for 1,000 yards per year.

Not to mention the fact that Johnson has been disappointing statistically through two games this season, and at this pace, he's still a 800 yard receiver.
    I never said he was awful, I said his play doesn't justify the hype. You say he's on pace for 800 yards this year right.... Since when was that Elite? And if he's been disappointing statistically doesn't that mean his overall play has been disappointing? Just saying....

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast