Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drobe86 View Post
    CJ is not better than Miles and no I don't believe Miles is a top 3 wr. CJ is a 8-900 yard guy. Miles is 1300 + 11 td kinda guy. Check their resumes.....
    Idiotic. Check their resumes? Calvin's resume is much better than Miles'. Did you even look at them?

I mean, Hell, Calvin's season in 2008 was just as good, if not better, than Austin's. He followed up with a 981 yard season in which he played 14 games. His team's record was 2-30 in that span.
    Last edited by Driven; 09-22-2010 at 12:41 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonlamana View Post
    No. I'm not like that usually- I usually love stats. But CJ is amazing- already a clear future hall of famer- barring injuries of course.
    He's not going to make the HOF unless he starts producing.

That said Calvin is a beast and is a top 5 WR in the league really regardless of production.

I expect him to do very well statistically in the next few years as the team continues to improve

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jneises21 View Post
    Sure he's the most talented WR...but Vernon Gholston is probably the most talented DE.

Skills don't always translate. Sure he is a top 10 WR, but top 3? no way
    It translates a lot more at WR than at DE, a LOT.
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    but he da best ever doo
    he iz lyke gonna be betta than revix u can sigg quot me

vCash
    false
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonlamana View Post
    CJ is top 3 at worst. He's number 1 actually, but people fall in love with stats too often.
    andre johnson is better than calvin johnson. calvin johnson is behind fitzgerald as well, making him 3rd

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    andre johnson is better than calvin johnson. calvin johnson is behind fitzgerald as well, making him 3rd
    If you're ranking them on talent only, then that's about right. If you're looking at everything (talent, accomplishments, route running, hands, durability, etc), then I'd put Moss, Wayne, White, Smith (Car) ahead of Calvin.

vCash
    1. A. Johnson
    2. L. Fitzgerald
    3. Randy Moss
    4. Reggie Wayne
    5. Calvin Johnson

Thats my top 5 based on ability as a true #1 receiver.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post
    1. A. Johnson
    2. L. Fitzgerald
    3. Randy Moss
    4. Reggie Wayne
    5. Calvin Johnson

Thats my top 5 based on ability as a true #1 receiver.

Potential +ability= nothing.... Calvin Johnson has not done anything. When will you people get that through your heads. He can be 6'10 275 pounds and run 3.2 in the 40 if he doesn't make plays what difference does it make? How many #1 wrs give you 981 yards in 14 games? Not to mention he's the only wr they have so he should have alot more receptions than he does have. Hell, just raise up and throw it to him on the line that's what carolina does with steve smith alot of the time.
    Check Us out at http://profbdaily.com
    "We analyze what you see on Sundays"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Idiotic. Check their resumes? Calvin's resume is much better than Miles'. Did you even look at them?

I mean, Hell, Calvin's season in 2008 was just as good, if not better, than Austin's. He followed up with a 981 yard season in which he played 14 games. His team's record was 2-30 in that span.

2008 season? There's only 1 problem Miles Austin wasn't even a starter in 2008. Let's compare them in 2009 and 2010. Exactly that's what I thought.....

Miles had over 1300 yards and 11 tds in 09 after starting 12 games.
    Calvin had 981 yards and what 5 tds in 09 after starting 10 games.

Lets check 2010 Miles has had 100 + yards in both games this season and a td.
    Calvin Johnson has 95 yards on 8 catches and 1 td in 2 games.

Now, don't give me the excuse of he played on a bad team and his team was 2-30. It doesn't matter you make plays. Ochocinco made plays on bad teams for years, as well as steve smith, as well as TO, as well as Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitz, and Andre Johnson has been on a bad team his whole career. So your point? Hell I can even use Miles as an example. The Cowboys are 0-2 and clearly one of the worst teams in the league right now. Yet, somehow Miles continues to show up every week and post 100 yard games. Get it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    Johnson was double and triple teamed last season. He had Culpepper and a rookie Stafford throwing to him. There were no other receivers on the team, at all.

This year, he's had the same problem due to injuries. Hill's been throwing to him, and Burleson's hurt. They had to run two-TE sets against the Eagles because they have no receiver outside of Megatron.

I guess you can question his demeanor (in the sense that he needs to demand the ball), but the whole offense is based around him and he gets all of the targets anyways. It's just that the offense has never been able to move the ball, and he just doesn't have any opportunities.

At this point your're rattling off excuses as to why CJ can't make a play. Bryant Johnson is a good NFL starting caliber wr, and brandon pettigrew is a player as well. IDK maybe you've heard of Jahvid Best or Kevin Smith they are pretty good also. So don't give me non sense about he doesn't have surrounding talent around him. It's the NFL every team has talent or else they wouldn't be there. Make a damn play, that's all he has to do. Forget the excuses, and all the reasons you come up with as to why he puts up average stats. Make a play

vCash
    At this point your're rattling off excuses as to why CJ can't make a play. Bryant Johnson is a good NFL starting caliber wr, and brandon pettigrew is a player as well. IDK maybe you've heard of Jahvid Best or Kevin Smith they are pretty good also. So don't give me non sense about he doesn't have surrounding talent around him. It's the NFL every team has talent or else they wouldn't be there. Make a damn play, that's all he has to do. Forget the excuses, and all the reasons you come up with as to why he puts up average stats. Make a play.
    Jahvid Best, Bradon Pettigrew, and Kevin Smith don't throw the ball to him.

Romo throws to Austin, Williams, and Witten, has a good offensive line AND three solid runningbacks.

CJ catches ball from a 2nd year QB, and his backup when he is injured and still produces.

Wes Welker was statistically the best wide receiver last year. (in 14 games he had 123 catches for 1,348 yards) Is it because he is the best wideout in the league or because he plays opposite Moss and has Brady throwing to him?

vCash
    At this point your're rattling off excuses as to why CJ can't make a play. Bryant Johnson is a good NFL starting caliber wr, and brandon pettigrew is a player as well. IDK maybe you've heard of Jahvid Best or Kevin Smith they are pretty good also. So don't give me non sense about he doesn't have surrounding talent around him. It's the NFL every team has talent or else they wouldn't be there. Make a damn play, that's all he has to do. Forget the excuses, and all the reasons you come up with as to why he puts up average stats. Make a play
    You've spewed out a lot of ignorant nonsense in this thread. But, that one right there is the winner. We get it: You clearly don't like Calvin Johnson and you clearly don't understand football.

Calvin Johnson is immensely talented. He hasn't produced enough yet to be considered a top 5 WR, but the talent is there. There are many reasons as to why he hasn't taken off yet, some of which are his fault and some which are not his fault. The Lions' O-line has been below average, the running game has been weak, they haven't had other legitimate threats in the passing game, the QBs have been inconsistent, his route-running hasn't been great, he hasn't been very durable. All of this has led to the inconsistent start to his career. There you go - a realistic breakdown of Calvin's time in Detroit without any homerism, hating, bashing or other illogical nonsense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockerArt View Post
    If you're ranking them on talent only, then that's about right. If you're looking at everything (talent, accomplishments, route running, hands, durability, etc), then I'd put Moss, Wayne, White, Smith (Car) ahead of Calvin.
    i'm just using talent

vCash
    Potential +ability= nothing.... Calvin Johnson has not done anything. When will you people get that through your heads. He can be 6'10 275 pounds and run 3.2 in the 40 if he doesn't make plays what difference does it make? How many #1 wrs give you 981 yards in 14 games? Not to mention he's the only wr they have so he should have alot more receptions than he does have. Hell, just raise up and throw it to him on the line that's what carolina does with steve smith alot of the time.
    dude he plays for the lions, a team that won 2 games in the last 2 years. you can have all the talent in the world, you still need other pieces on the team around you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockerArt View Post
    You've spewed out a lot of ignorant nonsense in this thread. But, that one right there is the winner. We get it: You clearly don't like Calvin Johnson and you clearly don't understand football.

Calvin Johnson is immensely talented. He hasn't produced enough yet to be considered a top 5 WR, but the talent is there. There are many reasons as to why he hasn't taken off yet, some of which are his fault and some which are not his fault. The Lions' O-line has been below average, the running game has been weak, they haven't had other legitimate threats in the passing game, the QBs have been inconsistent, his route-running hasn't been great, he hasn't been very durable. All of this has led to the inconsistent start to his career. There you go - a realistic breakdown of Calvin's time in Detroit without any homerism, hating, bashing or other illogical nonsense.
    I clearly do understand football and it's simple. Only the fans make it more difficult. You either make plays or you don't. I also never said he wasn't talented. He's a starting NFL wr so obviously he's talented. But he hasn't done anything to be considered one of the top wr. And what's funny is people come up with these excuses as to why he doesn't make plays.
    a. he doesn't have a qb
    b. he doesn't have any talent surrounding him
    c. he's been injured

I'm not saying he's not talented but his hype is far greater than his production and the statistics show.......

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast