Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    are you related to Giants99?

vCash
    Im neutral in this Austin VS. Johnson debate but my opinion is that CJ is the better receiver...idk what it is but he strikes fear in my heart and austin does not. i would also take CJ on my team over austin anyday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drobe86 View Post
    I guess... I mean weve played all of 2 games. Whoever you root for must be garbage because I've never known a season to be over after 2 meaningless september games. We'll talk come playoff time.
    What are you going to talk about come playoff time? Last year was the first time the Cowboys made it to the 2nd round with Romo... Meaningless huh? 1 more loss and your HC is fired, but I guess September games are meaningless...

Sim League Spurs
    Gary Payton | Tim Duncan
    2000-01: NBA Finalist
    2001-02: First Round

vCash
    I think Calvin Johnson is a little bit overrated too. I think he has top 5 talent, but no way in hell does he have top 5 production. Everyone talks about how he is constantly double-teamed, but don't you think that guys like Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald, and Austin deal with the same double teams that CJ deals with? He doesn't have that killer instinct the Moss or Andre have. IMO, he's a little bit soft.

Don't get me wrong, i'd take him on my team anyday, but to say Calvin is an elite WR in the league right now just isn't true. Sure, he may have more talent then all of them, but it hasn't traslated to the field, yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpackers12 View Post
    I think Calvin Johnson is a little bit overrated too. I think he has top 5 talent, but no way in hell does he have top 5 production. Everyone talks about how he is constantly double-teamed, but don't you think that guys like Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, Larry Fitzgerald, and Austin deal with the same double teams that CJ deals with? He doesn't have that killer instinct the Moss or Andre have. IMO, he's a little bit soft.

Don't get me wrong, i'd take him on my team anyday, but to say Calvin is an elite WR in the league right now just isn't true. Sure, he may have more talent then all of them, but it hasn't traslated to the field, yet.
    actually, austin doesnt face many double teams. its been talked about to death in the other thread, but miles gets more one on one matchups than any other #1 WR in the league IMO
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by astrosmaniac View Post
    actually, austin doesnt face many double teams. its been talked about to death in the other thread, but miles gets more one on one matchups than any other #1 WR in the league IMO
    It really doesn't matter how talented you are if you don't put it together on the field. That's all i'm saying. CJ isn't the first WR in the NFL to not have good QB play. He isn't the first WR to see a double team. He isn't the first WR to get bumped at the line of scrimmage. He's faster, stronger, and more talented then every CB he lines up against, but he doesn't put up big numbers. I think CJ can potentially be a great WR in the NFL, but right now he isn't. He's a superior talent, but he hasn't put it together on a week to week basis.
    Last edited by gbpackers12; 09-21-2010 at 11:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gbpackers12 View Post

I kind of like the Lions, but I will have to agree. But I think once they start winning, CJ will start showing more emotion and play more aggressive. He was non-chalant that game imo.

Sim League Spurs
    Gary Payton | Tim Duncan
    2000-01: NBA Finalist
    2001-02: First Round

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drobe86 View Post
    I've watched him play and have seen nothing spectacular. sure he's big and runs a fast 40 or whatever but what has he done? Where are his stats?
    Alright I'm done.
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    but he da best ever doo
    he iz lyke gonna be betta than revix u can sigg quot me

vCash
    Sure he's the most talented WR...but Vernon Gholston is probably the most talented DE.

Skills don't always translate. Sure he is a top 10 WR, but top 3? no way

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by richardle9 View Post
    are you related to Giants99?
    No. I'm not like that usually- I usually love stats. But CJ is amazing- already a clear future hall of famer- barring injuries of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    I kind of like the Lions, but I will have to agree. But I think once they start winning, CJ will start showing more emotion and play more aggressive. He was non-chalant that game imo.
    That's my biggest problem with CJ. He doesn't have that fire that Moss, Owens, and some of the great ones have. These guys demand the ball, and they get it. It gets them labeled as diva's, but it also gets them the ball. Everyone knows CJ has the talent, but he should be screaming for the ball on a constant basis because he has the talent to take it to the house when it's in his hands. He seems like a really good dude, but on the field he needs to turn into an absolute animal and destroy the man in front of him. He just doesn't have that killer instinct yet.
    Last edited by gbpackers12; 09-22-2010 at 12:08 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonlamana View Post
    No. I'm not like that usually- I usually love stats. But CJ is amazing- already a clear future hall of famer- barring injuries of course.
    oh no i was talking to drobe86, cuz Giants99 made a thread about how schaub is overrated

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by richardle9 View Post
    oh no i was talking to drobe86, cuz Giants99 made a thread about how schaub is overrated
    Oh, haha my bad

vCash
    Johnson was double and triple teamed last season. He had Culpepper and a rookie Stafford throwing to him. There were no other receivers on the team, at all.

This year, he's had the same problem due to injuries. Hill's been throwing to him, and Burleson's hurt. They had to run two-TE sets against the Eagles because they have no receiver outside of Megatron.

I guess you can question his demeanor (in the sense that he needs to demand the ball), but the whole offense is based around him and he gets all of the targets anyways. It's just that the offense has never been able to move the ball, and he just doesn't have any opportunities.
    Last edited by Driven; 09-22-2010 at 12:29 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonlamana View Post
    CJ is top 3 at worst. He's number 1 actually, but people fall in love with stats too often.
    Andre Johnson is number 1.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast