Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Calvin Johnson is overrated

So I've been watching alot of the posts in the Miles Austin thread and I see alot of posters here on PSD feel Calvin Johnson is an elite wr. My question is How? what has he done that warrants even average consideration? His 2010 stats read 8 catches for 95 yards and 1 td. Are people so mesmerised by his combine stats and measurables that they cannot see past his subpar production in 09 and now a miserable start to 2010? Discuss......
    Check Us out at http://profbdaily.com
    "We analyze what you see on Sundays"

vCash
    no he's not.
    props to dogersuck for the sig

2010 NFL PICK'EM:
    Last Week: 7-7
    Overall: 34-28

vCash
    It helps to have a decent QB throwing to you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drobe86 View Post
    So I've been watching alot of the posts in the Miles Austin thread and I see alot of posters here on PSD feel Calvin Johnson is an elite wr. My question is How? what has he done that warrants even average consideration? His 2010 stats read 8 catches for 95 yards and 1 td. Are people so mesmerised by his combine stats and measurables that they cannot see past his subpar production in 09 and now a miserable start to 2010? Discuss......
    His subpar production in 09 and this year is because he has nobody throwing it to him. The guy is an absolute beast.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    You do realize he plays for the lions and they dont have any other weapons to worry about? Man imagine if CJ was on the Saints/Texans/Colts

vCash
    I'm sorry but Calvin Johnson is better than Miles Austin. If Johnson had an accurate Qb like Romo targeting him almost every play then he would definitely put up the numbers that Austin does. It's no knock on Austin he is a great reciever and has played especially great to start the season but that doesn't mean a top 3 wr like he called in that other thread.

Props to Fly-Eagles-Fly for the Sig

vCash
    Swap Miles with Calvin and youd be saying the same thing about Austin.

vCash
    I knew a cowboys fan had put this up as soon as I had seen it. Just get over the fact that CJ is better than miles. Its not that big of a deal that Miles Austin is not a top 3 receiver. He is still a good receiver.

vCash
    Watch Calvin Johnson play, oh and stop posting.
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Cyanide 28 View Post
    but he da best ever doo
    he iz lyke gonna be betta than revix u can sigg quot me

vCash
    hahahaha. Do you realize how much teams respect him? They jam him at the line and then always have a safety helping out. But you know what, they do have something in common: their teams have the same record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John Walls Era View Post
    hahahaha. Do you realize how much teams respect him? They jam him at the line and then always have a safety helping out. But you know what, they do have something in common: their teams have the same record.
    I guess... I mean weve played all of 2 games. Whoever you root for must be garbage because I've never known a season to be over after 2 meaningless september games. We'll talk come playoff time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WildWesty View Post
    Watch Calvin Johnson play, oh and stop posting.
    I've watched him play and have seen nothing spectacular. sure he's big and runs a fast 40 or whatever but what has he done? Where are his stats?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chitownbears89 View Post
    I knew a cowboys fan had put this up as soon as I had seen it. Just get over the fact that CJ is better than miles. Its not that big of a deal that Miles Austin is not a top 3 receiver. He is still a good receiver.
    CJ is not better than Miles and no I don't believe Miles is a top 3 wr. CJ is a 8-900 yard guy. Miles is 1300 + 11 td kinda guy. Check their resumes.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EaglesJackson10 View Post
    I'm sorry but Calvin Johnson is better than Miles Austin. If Johnson had an accurate Qb like Romo targeting him almost every play then he would definitely put up the numbers that Austin does. It's no knock on Austin he is a great reciever and has played especially great to start the season but that doesn't mean a top 3 wr like he called in that other thread.
    I agree with you as I don't believe Miles is top 3 because frankly he hasn't played long enough to warrant that. However he is better than CJ and the numbers show. I hear alot of people making excuses about his qb and blah blah blah. As I said every team in the league has an starting NFL caliber qb, if they didn't they wouldn't be there. You either make plays or you don't, and to be quite honest I haven't seen CJ make no plays. I'm jut being real....

vCash
    CJ is top 3 at worst. He's number 1 actually, but people fall in love with stats too often.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast