Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

More Brandon Phillips

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb

Ochocinco himself in a Reds uniform.

Not that I have any problem with what he said, but can't a guy just stay quiet for a few months and just play ball?

Or maybe the media hunts for him.

Ochocinco seeks the media out to create his own attention.

This reporter most likely sought Philipps out to write an article about him. reporters write articles like this all the time about different players in the league.

Besides he is gold-glove caliber at 2b and in my eyes a lock to win one this year.

Other than that I dont see what the big deal about this article is? If that is what gets him motivated to show up and work his butt off then that is fine in my eyes..there is nothing wrong with being confident at this level.
    Last edited by agoody117; 09-30-2010 at 05:18 PM.
    props to dogersuck for the sig

2010 NFL PICK'EM:
    Last Week: 7-7
    Overall: 34-28

I'd take him on team in a heartbeat. I'm sure he'd love the NY media and we'd love his production in an otherwise blackhole.
    Props to MetsLegacy

Quote Originally Posted by ritz View Post
    I'd take him on team in a heartbeat. I'm sure he'd love the NY media and we'd love his production in an otherwise blackhole.
    I read the Mets might be getting Dan Uggla next year. I would much rather have Uggla, over Philips.

Brandon Phillips is a good ball player.

He's also incredibly annoying. He's really the Kanye West of the Cincinnati Reds.

In the article Phillips said:
    Some guys are just stuck on themselves. I'm not stuck on myself.

All players have some cockiness I'm sure. Phillips just takes the cake.
    Our forums:
    Blues Cardinals

He's like 35 and talking about potential still...

But I still like BP for standing up to the Cards

I have no issue with confidence and he is a very solid player, but at some point you just sound stupid when you shoot your mouth off and don't deliver. He talked smack about the Cards and then forgot to show up that series as his team got outplayed. Now he is calling himself the best second baseman after hitting under the Mendoza line for a month and in the midst of a perfectly mediocre season????? Perhaps instead of getting himself "motivated" he should focus on going out there and playing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mopped_you View Post
    I read the Mets might be getting Dan Uggla next year. I would much rather have Uggla, over Philips.
    Where'd you hear that? I haven't heard any rumors about Uggla to the Mets.
    Props to MetsLegacy

I have no problems with his comments despite knowing that Utley is WAY better....but, I can't stand some of his actions on the field either...he hits that HR in a blow-out (although it was only 5-1 when he hit it) and flips his bat like he just hit the greatest HR in the history of the game....his next time up, someone needs to give him a little chin music and dust him off a little...freakin hot-dawg

Quote Originally Posted by redbird89 View Post
    Brandon Phillips is a good ball player.

He's also incredibly annoying. He's really the Kanye West of the Cincinnati Reds.

In the article Phillips said:

All players have some cockiness I'm sure. Phillips just takes the cake.
    This.

I have zero issue with him being confident, it's that he is like Kanye West. He just has zero clue how cocky he is.

I personally like him as a ball player, think he is a decent second basemen with an above average to average bat. But he certainly would be annoying to be around. I also wouldn't be surprised if he gets traded this off-season, although, Jocketty likely won't because who would replace him?

I like confidence at this level too, and I am happy something motivates the guy, and I will leave it at that.