Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

A "Rally" for Moderates

Although not a huge Stewert fan at all, I thought this was a mixture of funny, interesting, and also somewhat annoying.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot...washington-d-c

Thiught it might be a way to laugh a bit, or maybe have a discussion on how we all present our opinions without getting insulted or verbally kicked in the gonads. I would think we all know each others positions in here enough by now where the anger and back and forth of it all would just feel old and we could have a fun conversation about it.

What do you guys think?

vCash
    I hate Stewart and Colbert (especially Colbert). For the most part, they're not entertaining.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanian215 View Post
    I hate Stewart and Colbert (especially Colbert). For the most part, they're not entertaining.
    "I disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler"

vCash
    If they can keep it non-ideological it could be good.

As it looks right now, it looks like it is going to be somewhat of a parody of the current political climate. Colbert serving as the "over the top rhetoric" aspect, and Jon Stewart's side standing as the voice of reason. Which, while a little preachy, could be ok. As long as the "over the top rhetoric" side isn't exclusively the right wing. Jon Stewart's sign of "I'm not scared of..." included gun owners and tea partiers, so perhaps he's willing to take shots at liberal fear mongering. But, if he does too much of that, he runs the risk of biting the hand that feeds.

I'm also skeptical of the turnout they are gonna get.

So, we'll see.

vCash
    I think that's a great assessment, gcoll.

Last night made it appear like they're going to slam the crazies on both sides, but we'll see.

The premise that 20% of the country controls the narrative, and get the most attention over the 80% of us, is intriguing in itself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Schmooze View Post
    I think that's a great assessment, gcoll.

Last night made it appear like they're going to slam the crazies on both sides, but we'll see.

The premise that 20% of the country controls the narrative, and get the most attention over the 80% of us, is intriguing in itself.
    Agreed.

vCash
    Based on my schedule i may go to this. Since i go to college at Mason it wouldnt be a stretch to drive up there for the day or take the bus up there. But that is right about the time midterms are so who knows. I wish they had taken that into account and made it a few weeks after that.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    I hate that I am already committed to another event. I would go. I would love to go, wear regular clothes, a Panama Jack hat, to protect the top of my head from sunburn, and a smile that I am in a group that does not have to call the people I disagree with Hitler, or carry an assault rifle, .....
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Looks like a rally to Restore Stupidity to me.

People know crazies are crazies. Why is this necessary?
    "If [Republicans] were around when Columbus set sail, they must have been founding members of the Flat Earth Society." -- Pres. Barack Obama

vCash
    This rally is a pathetic idea.

That being said, I bet it is more entertaining than the Beck/Palin rally. That was 3+ hrs of yawning.
    Proof that I'm Always Right: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=756103
    and http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=773028

New Prediction: LeBron will be Knicks

vCash
    What's with the animosity towards it?

136-206, 66% CMP, 1,517 Yds, 7.36 Avg, 9 TD, 4 INTs, 60.9 QBR, 94.3 RTG

This man is making me question my sexuality

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenceman View Post
    What's with the animosity towards it?
    Well. Stewart and Colbert aren't exactly "moderates". And there seems to be a possibility of preachy BS taking place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    Well. Stewart and Colbert aren't exactly "moderates". And there seems to be a possibility of preachy BS taking place.
    I'm sure it will get preachy to a degree - but most any rally tends to be inherently preachy. I mean look at the Beck rally they're mocking here.

Sounds like it could be fun - I have no doubt they'll be taking shots at both sides (though naturally more at the right than the left). I'm curious to see what the turnout will be.
    lol nothing matters

vCash
    I question the legitimacy of any "rally" that has the organizers handing out pre-made signs to attendees. Stewart plans to do exactly that.
    "If [Republicans] were around when Columbus set sail, they must have been founding members of the Flat Earth Society." -- Pres. Barack Obama

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgersFan28 View Post
    I question the legitimacy of any "rally" that has the organizers handing out pre-made signs to attendees. Stewart plans to do exactly that.
    Whew, deep breath. They are comedians, the same way that Glenn Beck is an entertainer.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast