Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46

Thread: ATP Top 10

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,263
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by patsSOXknicks View Post
    Wozniacki is getting real close to that #1 ranking! She gained about 700 points on Serena this week. I really hope she passes Serena as I can't stand Serena and love Wozniacki.
    im starting to hate serena too. its seems like she does doesnt respect the sport. she only shows up for GS and has ONLY played 6 tournaments the whole year. she doesnt deserve to be number 1.

    I also love Woz and hope she becomes number 1. but i hope she gets some good results in grand slams. she may get the #1 ranking but only way to earn is by doing better at GS. R16, QF, R16, SF at GS in not going to cut it if she wants to EARN the #1 ranking.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    37,245
    vCash
    1000
    Agreed on both counts Gibby. I'm not really sure either player deserves the #1 ranking at this point

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    14,908
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    im starting to hate serena too. its seems like she does doesnt respect the sport. she only shows up for GS and has ONLY played 6 tournaments the whole year. she doesnt deserve to be number 1.

    I also love Woz and hope she becomes number 1. but i hope she gets some good results in grand slams. she may get the #1 ranking but only way to earn is by doing better at GS. R16, QF, R16, SF at GS in not going to cut it if she wants to EARN the #1 ranking.
    Yeah, I agree. Woz needs to win a GS to really earn that #1. Even if she does get the year end #1 ranking, people will be questioning her because she doesn't actually have a GS.

    And yeah, Serena has no respect for the sport. She shows up for the GS and doesn't really play much else. I hate that. She wins the GS but she doesn't do anything else really, so I don't really think she deserves to end the year #1 either. I hope she doesn't but then we'll just hear her complain about how she should be #1 because she has grand slam titles and blah blah blah.

    I would def rather Woz finish ahead of her because I don't have a problem with her as a person and because she plays all the other tourneys too but she is sort of undeserving considering she's got no grand slam wins this year. The most fair scenario might be someone like Kim ending the year at #1 (although I'm not sure how many other tourney's she's played) but she's not really that close.
    Last edited by PatsSoxKnicks; 10-06-2010 at 07:29 PM.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,263
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by patsSOXknicks View Post
    Yeah, I agree. Woz needs to win a GS to really earn that #1. Even if she does get the year end #1 ranking, people will be questioning her because she doesn't actually have a GS.

    And yeah, Serena has no respect for the sport. She shows up for the GS and doesn't really play much else. I hate that. She wins the GS but she doesn't do anything else really, so I don't really think she deserves to end the year #1 either. I hope she doesn't but then we'll just hear her complain about how she should be #1 because she has grand slam titles and blah blah blah.

    I would def rather Woz finish ahead of her because I don't have a problem with her as a person and because she plays all the other tourneys too but she is sort of undeserving considering she's got no grand slam wins this year. The most fair scenario might be someone like Kim ending the year at #1 (although I'm not sure how many other tourney's she's played) but she's not really that close.
    i wouldnt mind Kim as the number #1. she has showed dedication by coming back to the sport. she has played more tournaments than serena. she missed the french open because of injury. if she had won the french she would be #1 right now. with that said i think its not possible for her to be #1 this year.
    Last edited by Gibby; 10-06-2010 at 09:43 PM.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,263
    vCash
    1000

    Wozniacki one win away from number 1

    BEIJING, China - World No.2 Caroline Wozniacki won her Sony Ericsson WTA Tour-leading 55th match of the year on Wednesday, and is now one win away from becoming the 20th player ever to rise to No.1 in the world.

    Watch live tennis from Beijing this week on TennisTV.com!

    Wozniacki, the top seed at this week's China Open, was down an early break in the first set but got into gear quickly, beating Sara Errani, 64 62. It was Wozniacki's first win at the tournament, having gone 0-3 previously.

    If she beats Petra Kvitova in her third round match on Thursday evening, Wozniacki will replace Serena Williams at No.1 on next Monday's rankings. In her last match against Kvitova, she lost 62 60 at Wimbledon this year.

    "I felt like I did what I had to do to win my match today, and I'm happy to be through to the third round," Wozniacki said. "Hopefully I can play even better in my match tomorrow. Tomorrow is just another match. Hopefully I can win it."
    LINK

    I hope this happens!!!!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    14,908
    vCash
    1500
    Sorry for the late update on the rankings.

    Rough week for the Williams sisters as they both fell- Serena to #2 and Venus to #4. But I'm happy since I don't really like either of them. If Zvonareva does really well at the end of the year, she might be able to pass Serena for the #2 ranking.

    Not much going on in the men's rankings. Although Nadal increased his lead by a little.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canadian In Michigan.
    Posts
    41,991
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by patsSOXknicks View Post
    Sorry for the late update on the rankings.

    Rough week for the Williams sisters as they both fell- Serena to #2 and Venus to #4. But I'm happy since I don't really like either of them. If Zvonareva does really well at the end of the year, she might be able to pass Serena for the #2 ranking.

    Not much going on in the men's rankings. Although Nadal increased his lead by a little.
    Yeah Nadal's victory definatly helped him pull ahead even more.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,263
    vCash
    1000

    Federer back at #2

    Despite his loss to Andy Murray in the final of the Shanghai Rolex Masters, Roger Federer remains upbeat about the latter part of the season in the build up to the season climax at the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, beginning 21 November. Federer reclaimed the World No. 2 South African Airways ATP Ranking by reaching the final.
    Link

    I think we will need an rankings update now.

    I think fed will keep the number two ranking because he has less points to defend.

    Points to Defend Rest of the Year
    Federer - 710
    Djokovic -1900

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    14,908
    vCash
    1500
    ^I updated the rankings. It does look like Fed will finish #2 again.

    Another interesting question is who gets the last couple spots in the ATP World Tour Finals. It's really close at the bottom of the top 10.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,263
    vCash
    1000
    ^ I think Soderling will clinch this week. Berdych, Ferrer, and Roddick dont have alot of points to defend. verdasco has been playing bad recently and has more points to defend than the other 3. youzhny withdrew from the moscow tourny because of an infection so i think he has no chance either. The rest are too far back.

    the last 4 spots will be Soderling, Berdych, Ferrer, Roddick (in no particular order).

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    14,908
    vCash
    1500
    Sorry I haven't been updating the rankings but I will after tomorrow's match.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    #TeamSachs
    Posts
    23,924
    vCash
    1500
    as of January 31, 2011

    # Player Points Prev Move
    1 Rafael Nadal (ESP) 12390 1 steady =
    2 Roger Federer (SUI) 7965 2 steady =
    3 Novak Djokovic (SRB) 7880 3 steady =
    4 Robin Söderling (SWE) 5955 4 steady =
    5 Andy Murray (GBR) 5760 5 steady =
    6 David Ferrer (ESP) 4570 7 increase 1
    7 Tomáš Berdych (CZE) 4270 6 decrease 1
    8 Andy Roddick (USA) 3385 8 steady =
    9 Fernando Verdasco (ESP) 3240 9 steady =
    10 Jürgen Melzer (AUT) 2955 11 increase 1

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    19,243
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    im starting to hate serena too. its seems like she does doesnt respect the sport. she only shows up for GS and has ONLY played 6 tournaments the whole year. she doesnt deserve to be number 1.

    I also love Woz and hope she becomes number 1. but i hope she gets some good results in grand slams. she may get the #1 ranking but only way to earn is by doing better at GS. R16, QF, R16, SF at GS in not going to cut it if she wants to EARN the #1 ranking.
    Its all about the Bootay...lol

    I agree with you, Its all fashion show for her now...

    "Killer Instinct"

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    #TeamSachs
    Posts
    23,924
    vCash
    1500
    No.1vak

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    35,817
    vCash
    1090
    Federer needs to win

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •