Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ATP Top 10

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    Same way they do it but without having to protect your points. Each tournament is different, you can't expect to have the same results each year IMO
    So it would just be a running total?

I believe the reason they do the protect your points is so that the rankings are always a year previous to that date. So like since today's 9/17/10, tourneys from 8/09 wouldn't count in the rankings.
    Patriots Forum HOF Class of 2011

vCash
    I get the reasoning behind it, it just bugs me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post

No Dojokovic was number 2 for a while before the North american hardcourt season. June 05, 2010 - August 09, 2010
    Yeah, I know Djokovic was #2 before the hardcourt season, I was referring to the last time before this year.

The race for the #2 ranking between Fed and Djokovic should be interesting. I think its the first time in awhile where he's had competition for finishing with a top 2 ranking.

I think rankings are good the way they are. Reason why Clijisters fell doesnt have do with her performance. She maintained all her points by defending the US Open but Zvonareva gain points because she went from 4th round in 2009 to Finals in 2010.

This ranking is good. becuase is bases a players performance over 12 months. i dont see how it hurts the top players like someone else mentioned.
    It does kind of suck for Clisjisters that she won the US Open and went down in the rankings because Zvonareva improved from last year. Basically Clisjisters gets nothing (as far as the rankings are concerned) for winning the US Open again.

Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    I get the reasoning behind it, it just bugs me
    Yeah, the whole Clisjisters Zvonareva situation is a good example why its not really that great. But I'm still fine with it overall I think.
    Last edited by PatsSoxKnicks; 09-17-2010 at 06:01 PM.

vCash
    I think it's dumb that you can fall in rankings because someone has improved more in the past 12 months but you won the actual tournament 2 years in a row.

Seems kind of stupid. Regardless the ratings are never always right in any sport. We all should know Kim C is better then probably every women tennis player right now.

vCash
    I Hope federer ends they year a 3 or 4 i think he is old and needs to retire. nadal>fed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    I think it's dumb that you can fall in rankings because someone has improved more in the past 12 months but you won the actual tournament 2 years in a row.

Seems kind of stupid. Regardless the ratings are never always right in any sport. We all should know Kim C is better then probably every women tennis player right now.
    As much as I hate Serena (and I do), you can't forget about her. She didn't play the US Open. And she did win Wimbledon and the Australian.

But yeah, Kim should def be ahead of Zvonereva, who she just beat but passed her because she improved. It doesn't really make much sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by patsSOXknicks View Post
    As much as I hate Serena (and I do), you can't forget about her. She didn't play the US Open. And she did win Wimbledon and the Australian.

But yeah, Kim should def be ahead of Zvonereva, who she just beat but passed her because she improved. It doesn't really make much sense.
    You guys are thinking of it the wrong way. Zvonareva did improve in the US Open, but lets not forget why she is ahead of Clijisters, its because has had better results over the past 12 months.

You guys were saying its unfair that clijisters dropped in the rankings after a title win but lets not forget how long clijisters was ahead of zvonareva despite having poor results in 2010.

Just out curiousity, which other ranking system would guys prefer? The RACE Ranking system?

vCash
    You guys are thinking of it the wrong way. Zvonareva did improve in the US Open, but lets not forget why she is ahead of Clijisters, its because has had better results over the past 12 months.

You guys were saying its unfair that clijisters dropped in the rankings after a title win but lets not forget how long clijisters was ahead of zvonareva despite having poor results in 2010.

Just out curiousity, which other ranking system would guys prefer? The RACE Ranking system?
    I'm actually fine with the ranking system. It does make a lot of sense. I just found it weird that she passed her after the U.S. Open. I get the reasoning, its just one of those odd things you don't see very often. If you watched the way Zvonareva got manhandled in that match, you just wouldn't think she should be higher. But obviously that was just one match. Anyways, I don't really have a problem with the rankings (I'm assuming the womens are done the same way as the mens).

vCash
    Woot Djokavic

vCash
    New rankings tommorow!

vCash
    New rankings tommorow!
    Probably won't be many new changes. We will have to see though.

vCash
    New rankings tommorow!
    there was nothing other than davis cup which barely makes much differrence.

vCash
    there was nothing other than davis cup which barely makes much differrence.
    Yeah, next weeks will probably be pretty similar too. The next 500 is October 4th.

vCash
    Basically the season won't have much changes till about mid October.

vCash
    Wozniacki is getting real close to that #1 ranking! She gained about 700 points on Serena this week. I really hope she passes Serena as I can't stand Serena and love Wozniacki.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast