Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Schmooze View Post
    ...in a Republican primary. Is there a Tea Party choice who is a Democrat, anywhere?

I guess you and bmd are right. 2012 is still a couple years away, so who knows who will emerge by then.

I had to post this b/c when I heard it I was dying laughing. On the Daily Show a couple nights back Jon Stewart said: "Mitch McConnell looks so much like a turtle...if you draw him you get into art school"

http://infinitesearch.files.wordpres...nell-09081.jpg

...I dunno I just thought that was hilarious.
    The Tea Party is right wing. It's not surprising that they would identify more with Republicans.

That doesn't imply that it's not a grassroots movement, and that it's a GOP creation though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    The Tea Party is right wing. It's not surprising that they would identify more with Republicans.

That doesn't imply that it's not a grassroots movement, and that it's a GOP creation though.
    It strikes me that one can make the case that the Tea Party is both.

Are there people in the movement who are from outside the Republican Establishment? An emphatic yes.

Are there people from inside the Republican Establishment that are funding and guiding these people? An emphatic yes.

Certainly the Tea Party, from a Republican description are from the DeMint wing of the party. (Bet you expected me to say Palin)

Also the Tea Party is independent of the party, in that, there are multiple groups. When the Koch brothers put money in, it is not a party thing.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgersFan28 View Post
    ...or so you hope...
    thats what i was thinking as well

vCash
    little bit of topic but why dont moderate Republicans become Democrats and the Blue Dogs become Republicans. I mean some of the blue dogs are more conservative than some Republicans. I for one could care less if they lose in Nov. They really were never their for Obama's agenda. I mean us Dems have like 20-30 in the house and 2-4 in the senate that keep voting NO. Might as well put an R next to their name while we get 2-3 republicans in the senate to vote on some Dems proposals. Republicans you can have Lincoln, Landriue, and Ben Nelson. I would take Collins, Specter and Snowe over them anytime.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    little bit of topic but why dont moderate Republicans become Democrats and the Blue Dogs become Republicans. I mean some of the blue dogs are more conservative than some Republicans. I for one could care less if they lose in Nov. They really were never their for Obama's agenda. I mean us Dems have like 20-30 in the house and 2-4 in the senate that keep voting NO. Might as well put an R next to their name while we get 2-3 republicans in the senate to vote on some Dems proposals. Republicans you can have Lincoln, Landriue, and Ben Nelson. I would take Collins, Specter and Snowe over them anytime.
    Well the dems pretty much have them already! I grew up in Maine, and while the state has pretty much been completely overrun by rich tourists from Mass and NY making it a much more liberal state, there are many communities outside Portland and rich southern Maine that are stilol pretty conservative. Right now they are riding that pokitical line as well as anyone has.

I see your point though on blue dogs and moderate republicans. I started a response earlier and ditched it, but my thought was both parties have had fluctuations in their ability to reconcile internal dirfferences. Lots of it IMO comes from social vs fiscal conservatism/ liberalism. Snowe and Collins both split this enough to stay in office over the long term.

vCash
    Things in America are too black and white. Or Red and Blue....

I do not care who controls congress, Repubs or Demos, all I care is that some fiscal responsibility is exercised. Current spending levels are unsustainable in the long run without massive tax increases.
    Proof that I'm Always Right: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=756103
    and http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=773028

New Prediction: LeBron will be Knicks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ari1013
    I don't even know WTF you're talking about any more with your baits and insults.
    Let me see if I have this right. It's a bait and an insult to say that you're calling the Tea Party an insulting name. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver
    Also the Tea Party is independent of the party, in that, there are multiple groups. When the Koch brothers put money in, it is not a party thing.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus
    I do not care who controls congress, Repubs or Demos, all I care is that some fiscal responsibility is exercised. Current spending levels are unsustainable in the long run without massive tax increases.
    Exactly what I've been saying, and been getting slammed in here for saying it. Thank you.
    "If [Republicans] were around when Columbus set sail, they must have been founding members of the Flat Earth Society." -- Pres. Barack Obama

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgersFan28 View Post
    Let me see if I have this right. It's a bait and an insult to say that you're calling the Tea Party an insulting name. Interesting.

Thank you.

Exactly what I've been saying, and been getting slammed in here for saying it. Thank you.
    I understand. Keep your cool though. They will ban you from this forum, don't think they won't pull that trigger.

We are outnumbered here.

Just remember, no opinions or beliefs will be changed on PSD politics forum. Don't waste too much time here.
    Proof that I'm Always Right: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=756103
    and http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=773028

New Prediction: LeBron will be Knicks

9. 09-20-2010, 03:01 PM

vCash
    Regardless of how anyone feels about either side of things, I think at this point it is a good thing to move away from a simple 2 party system. I think we need to have a little more free thought around here in a our country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thefeckcampaign View Post
    Regardless of how anyone feels about either side of things, I think at this point it is a good thing to move away from a simple 2 party system. I think we need to have a little more free thought around here in a our country.
    Won't happen until the money's in it.

The Tea Party might be signs of that starting to happen, but considering it's in large part the GOP in sheep's clothing I doubt it.

But you're right, having more than two options in each election makes more sense, considering most people don't agree completely with one of any pair of people, anyway.

The polarization of politics in this country makes me want to move away more and more.

vCash
    More reasons to thank DE Republicans and the Tea Party for buying the primary:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...odonnell-says/

Now she's going to be under investigation by the US Attorney and the FEC, with not a lot to back up her story and what looks like a good basis for charges to be filed. IF the "witchcraft" or "masturbation" videos weren't enough, this should be the nail in the coffin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
    More reasons to thank DE Republicans and the Tea Party for buying the primary:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...odonnell-says/

Now she's going to be under investigation by the US Attorney and the FEC, with not a lot to back up her story and what looks like a good basis for charges to be filed. IF the "witchcraft" or "masturbation" videos weren't enough, this should be the nail in the coffin.
    Unless it does turn out to be frivolous then it will possibly have the opposite effect. That the entire complaint revolves around the affidavit of what could be an angry ex staffer. I still think I personally would take my chances with her than a bearded Marxist in Coons.

An article Democrat Chris Coons wrote for his college newspaper may not go over so well in corporation-friendly Delaware, where he already faces an uphill battle for Vice President Joe Biden’s old Senate seat.

The title? “Chris Coons: The Making of a Bearded Marxist.”

In the article, Coons, then 21 years old and about to graduate from Amherst College, chronicled his transformation from a sheltered, conservative-minded college student who had worked for former GOP Delaware Sen. William Roth and had campaigned for Ronald Reagan in 1980 into a cynical young adult who was distrustful of American power and willing to question the American notion of free enterprise.
    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0510/36726.html
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century – that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Milnertime View Post
    Won't happen until the money's in it.

The Tea Party might be signs of that starting to happen, but considering it's in large part the GOP in sheep's clothing I doubt it.

But you're right, having more than two options in each election makes more sense, considering most people don't agree completely with one of any pair of people, anyway.

The polarization of politics in this country makes me want to move away more and more.
    Sad but true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucis View Post
    Parity is about equality of opportunity, not equality of results.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiercubsfan View Post
    Unless it does turn out to be frivolous then it will possibly have the opposite effect. That the entire complaint revolves around the affidavit of what could be an angry ex staffer. I still think I personally would take my chances with her than a bearded Marxist in Coons.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0510/36726.html
    How is that not gotten more play. That's the first i've heard of that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post
    How is that not gotten more play. That's the first i've heard of that.
    You and I both know the reason why that hasn't gotten more play. If I had the choice between someone did and said stupid things in high school versus someone who was 21 and about to graduate college writing an article on how they turned into a Marxist again I will take my chances with the person who said dumb things when they were 18.
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century – that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast