Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Here is a media matters bit that tries to diffuse the situation. Though again if its fair for them to jump all over O'Donnel for her masturbation and brush with witchcraft then I believe this is more than fair play.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201009200052

After Politico reported that Chris Coons, the Democratic candidate for Senate running against Christine O'Donnell in Delaware, had written an opinion piece for his college newspaper titled "Chris Coons: The Making of a Bearded Marxist," right-wing media figures jumped on the story to attack Coons. What they failed to mention was that the title was a play off what Coons called a joke that his friends* made; the right wing gleefully and ludicrously declared that Coons had called himself a Marxist.
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiercubsfan View Post
    Here is a media matters bit that tries to diffuse the situation. Though again if its fair for them to jump all over O'Donnel for her masturbation and brush with witchcraft then I believe this is more than fair play.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201009200052
    Coming from Media Matters.... If Coons didn't disspell the notion after the article was published, then he must have been just fine with people interpreting that as they like. It would be like Michael Savage telling the country that O'Donnel was just making parodiess of the religious right. No one with two brain cells to rub together would buy that bunk for a second, unless they conveniently want to so it allows them to mindlessly go back to backing their party's candidate. As for O'Donnel, after seeing those SALT videos, that lady is not what I would want representing me either.

Looks like the great state of Delaware continues to pick some real winners to represent them!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    Coming from Media Matters.... If Coons didn't disspell the notion after the article was published, then he must have been just fine with people interpreting that as they like. It would be like Michael Savage telling the country that O'Donnel was just making parodiess of the religious right. No one with two brain cells to rub together would buy that bunk for a second, unless they conveniently want to so it allows them to mindlessly go back to backing their party's candidate. As for O'Donnel, after seeing those SALT videos, that lady is not what I would want representing me either.

Looks like the great state of Delaware continues to pick some real winners to represent them!
    Oh I agree completely. This truly is in my opinion the epitome of picking the best worst candidate on the ballot.
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

vCash
    You know, the witchcraft and self fulfillment statements that she has made are entertaining, but not really disqualifying. What is disqualifying is her this

O’Donnell is now the subject of a criminal complaint, filed by a watchdog, alleging she used campaign funds for personal living expenses and has committed tax evasion. A former campaign manager for O’Donnell’s 2008 Senate campaign has accused her of being a “complete fraud,” who without a job or steady source of income lived on campaign donations “while leaving her workers unpaid and piling up thousands in debt.” The university she finally received a degree from several weeks ago sued her five times for unpaid tuition dating back to 1994. The IRS placed a lien against her this year for more than $11,000 in taxes and penalties from 2005. The Federal Election Commission has cited O’Donnell eight times for failing to report contributions between 2007 and 2009. When she failed to make payments on her house in 2008, her mortgage company filed a lawsuit against her, securing a judgment against her for more than $90,000. When her house was to be auctioned, O’Donnell managed to sell it to a boyfriend. She has said she intended to buy it back but decided to run for office instead.
    The Hill

So, you have a paper written in college, that frankly does not say he was a bearded marxist, but that instead his friends were teasing him with that comment compared to a present day what ever she is...... I will take the the fellow who was writing about being teased.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Oh I agree completely. This truly is in my opinion the epitome of picking the best worst candidate on the ballot.
    Yep. If you don't have a horse in the race, vote against the one you dislike the most by voting for the one you dislike the least. Not casting a vote only gives the one disliked more one less vote to overcome.
    "If [Republicans] were around when Columbus set sail, they must have been founding members of the Flat Earth Society." -- Pres. Barack Obama

vCash
    http://s3.mediamatters.org/static/im...onsamherst.pdf

Has anyone actually read the "Bearded Marxist" thing? I apologize if this shows up posted multiple times, i tried twice and it said "database error". But if you read it (with an unbias mindset) you wont be that shocked.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    You and I both know the reason why that hasn't gotten more play. If I had the choice between someone did and said stupid things in high school versus someone who was 21 and about to graduate college writing an article on how they turned into a Marxist again I will take my chances with the person who said dumb things when they were 18.
    the dumb statements didn't stop at 18, or at all for that matter. those were all in the last 10 years for her. Read the statement again about the coons writing, not much Marxism there from what I see, just education and questioning the status quo. Come to think of it, that sounds like the tea party, less the education part.

vCash
    That Coons piece wasn't about questioning the status quo. It was about his trip from the status quo of his parents, to the status quo of a university liberal.

And there are some pro-Marxist sympathies implied. But I don't even really know what that is. I haven't heard this story. I know who Coons is. Just not the significance of that piece. Reading Dbroncs link was the first I've heard of it.
    Last edited by gcoll; 09-23-2010 at 08:22 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345