Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Thank You DE Republicans

By giving O'Donnel your nomination, (it is not official at the time of this posting, but it is looking like she is going to win) it appears you have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Castle was a lead pipe cinch to win the general election, but now, it appears that the Democratic candidate is the favorite.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    AP has just called it for O'Donnel.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    I was waiting to post this till it was official.

This just proves what I and others have said all along. The Tea party isn't anti democratic party. They are anti big government, and will take down a side most closest to them if they aren't aligned with them.

I agree Cab this most likely gave the seat back to the left, but to the Tea party made a strong point to the republican party tonight.

vCash
    we shall see, but my thoughts were the same as cab's.

thanx to the tea party from the democrats.

vCash
    The GOP started a fire they can't control. They thought they can use the Tea Party Movement to regain congress but the Tea Party's doing the complete opposite. If the O'Donnel thing repeats throughout the Mid-Term...not only will the Tea Party cost them congress (Tea Party's candidates don't appeal to moderates) but many longtime career politicians in the GOP will lose their job.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FOBolous View Post
    The GOP started a fire they can't control. They thought they can use the Tea Party Movement to regain congress but the Tea Party's doing the complete opposite. If the O'Donnel thing repeats throughout the Mid-Term...not only will the Tea Party cost them congress (Tea Party's candidates don't appeal to moderates) but many longtime career politicians in the GOP will lose their job.
    ...or so you hope...
    "If [Republicans] were around when Columbus set sail, they must have been founding members of the Flat Earth Society." -- Pres. Barack Obama

vCash
    They will lose about 60-70% of the elections that tea party candidates win i believe, because the tea party is not in the main stream. They are obviously further to the right than the middle. It is a good strategy for the tea party, but not for the republicans. Obviously the tea party would say that they arent trying to help the republicans, and that is a fair argument. But you will never get bipartisan support from the democrats and the tea party.

So yes, the tea party did most likely hand this one to the Democrats because Castle had a rather good shot of getting elected in a general election but O'Donnell stands very little chance, i think anyone here agrees with that.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    They will lose about 60-70% of the elections that tea party candidates win i believe, because the tea party is not in the main stream. They are obviously further to the right than the middle. It is a good strategy for the tea party, but not for the republicans. Obviously the tea party would say that they arent trying to help the republicans, and that is a fair argument. But you will never get bipartisan support from the democrats and the tea party.

So yes, the tea party did most likely hand this one to the Democrats because Castle had a rather good shot of getting elected in a general election but O'Donnell stands very little chance, i think anyone here agrees with that.
    this race is an example of why most republicans are hoping palin stays out of the presidential election. there would be excitement and motivation in the primary, and zero chance of a general election win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
    this race is an example of why most republicans are hoping palin stays out of the presidential election. there would be excitement and motivation in the primary, and zero chance of a general election win.
    just my opinion, but there is zero chance she will win the primary. for all the obvious reasons. including her sex. i just don't see the GOP nominating a woman anytime soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    just my opinion, but there is zero chance she will win the primary. for all the obvious reasons. including her sex. i just don't see the GOP nominating a woman anytime soon.

I completely 100% disagree with that.

The GOP would def nominate a woman.

Nothing on you indyfan because it's just your opinion and I know you mean no maliciousness on it.

But I find it insulting the people claim that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by behindmydesk View Post

Nothing on you indyfan because it's just your opinion and I know you mean no maliciousness on it.

I think they would as well. I also think she would win with the same type of Tea Party/Glenn Beck/Hannity backing. It would work in the primary and have no chance in a general election 2 years from now.

vCash

As painful as it is for me to agree with you, , I agree completely that the GOP could nominate a woman, and more and more, Palin is looking very good for the role. Now, I also think she is unelectable in the General, because her appeal is so based in a part of the party that most Americans don't agree with. It is looking like a majority of the GOP is in disagreement with a majority of America. I am thinking that the Castle type Republicans will hold their noses and vote Democratic. Watch how New York (governor) and Deleware (senator) vote. New York has had both Republican and Democratic state wide office holders (Pataki, D'Amato). Castle was a 90% favorite to win the general if he won the nomination.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    As painful as it is for me to agree with you, , I agree completely that the GOP could nominate a woman, and more and more, Palin is looking very good for the role. Now, I also think she is unelectable in the General, because her appeal is so based in a part of the party that most Americans don't agree with. It is looking like a majority of the GOP is in disagreement with a majority of America. I am thinking that the Castle type Republicans will hold their noses and vote Democratic. Watch how New York (governor) and Deleware (senator) vote. New York has had both Republican and Democratic state wide office holders (Pataki, D'Amato). Castle was a 90% favorite to win the general if he won the nomination.
    Oh i'm hoping off all the woman it's not Palin that's winning the primary. I'm just saying the GOP isn't this party that won't vote for women.

If Condi came onto the scene, she'd have my vote in nano seconds.

vCash
    Oh i'm hoping off all the woman it's not Palin that's winning the primary. I'm just saying the GOP isn't this party that won't vote for women.

If Condi came onto the scene, she'd have my vote in nano seconds.
    I know you are a Condi fan, but, frankly, I know very little of her politics and frankly, even her foreign policy positions have not been consistent. Beyond that, she has actually never run for anything, and as such, is kind of a blank slate for people to project their positions and think she represented them. I think she would be interesting to hear flesh out a whole host of positions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    I know you are a Condi fan, but, frankly, I know very little of her politics and frankly, even her foreign policy positions have not been consistent. Beyond that, she has actually never run for anything, and as such, is kind of a blank slate for people to project their positions and think she represented them. I think she would be interesting to hear flesh out a whole host of positions.
    Yea she won't run, because well she's never ran for anything.

But it was more to the point of their's alot of women i'd vote for, and I'd say that goes for the majority of the GOP.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast