Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Hugh is right in regard to behind the neck pulldowns being a bit more dangerous then other exercises. However, if done with extremely proper form and at a moderate weight, you should be fine. If I didn't make this clear earlier, let me clarify, do not do this exercise heavy!

When I first started working out, I did behind the neck lat pulldowns for about 2 years before I stopped. It definitely helped shape my lats and rhomboids so it is an effective exercise.

I stopped doing them for two reasons, one - I tried going heavy a couple of times and ended up with a sore neck from the strain. Two - as my arms got bigger, my range of motion decreased as well as my flexibility. What I mean by this is when I did try to do Behind the neck lat pulldowns after my size increased, I couldn't get the bar behind by head, I used to hit the top of my head with the lat bar. So I just gave up on the exercise entirely.

If you feel this particular exercise is becoming stressful or bothersome to the body after a while, just cut it out of your routine. But for now, its fine to do providing you take extreme caution. Do not yank the bar down, use slow and controlled motions and you will be fine.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    Hugh is right in regard to behind the neck pulldowns being a bit more dangerous then other exercises. However, if done with extremely proper form and at a moderate weight, you should be fine. If I didn't make this clear earlier, let me clarify, do not do this exercise heavy!

When I first started working out, I did behind the neck lat pulldowns for about 2 years before I stopped. It definitely helped shape my lats and rhomboids so it is an effective exercise.

I stopped doing them for two reasons, one - I tried going heavy a couple of times and ended up with a sore neck from the strain. Two - as my arms got bigger, my range of motion decreased as well as my flexibility. What I mean by this is when I did try to do Behind the neck lat pulldowns after my size increased, I couldn't get the bar behind by head, I used to hit the top of my head with the lat bar. So I just gave up on the exercise entirely.

If you feel this particular exercise is becoming stressful or bothersome to the body after a while, just cut it out of your routine. But for now, its fine to do providing you take extreme caution. Do not yank the bar down, use slow and controlled motions and you will be fine.

Thank you for your input.

Meal 1: Chocolate Milk, Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage (just got these, never tried them, supposedly they are 'all natural'), and a Scoop of Ultimate Muscle Protein. (51.5 g/protein), 515 calories.

Update: Had a cup of Chocolate Milk instead of water with my protein (11 g/protein), 170 calories
    Last edited by MTone8788; 09-18-2010 at 02:40 PM.

vCash
    Ate a Chinese restaurant for lunch

Meal 2: Chicken in Garlic Sauce, Brown Rice, Wonton Soup (50+ g/protein)

vCash
    Had a smoothie earlier with strawberries, blueberries and bananas. I had them
    throw in a scoop of my Muscle Provider (20 g/protein)

Just ate at Chick-Fil-A

Meal 3: 2 Chargrilled Chicken Sandwiches (54 g/protein), 520 calories.

vCash
    Scoop of Muscle Provider (21 g/protein), 110 calories

vCash
    Just made a buffalo chicken pizza on whole wheat Boboli crust with fat free mozzarella

Meal 4: 3 Slices of my amazing pizza (60 g/protein), 690 calories

vCash
    A Scoop of Ultimate Muscle Protein (20 g/protein), 120 calories

And I am done for the night!

Today's Total- 288+ g/protein and over 3,200 calories (not sure exactly how many calories because of the Chinese Meal and the Smoothie, but I can estimate.)

vCash
    Day 6: Off Day

Today was an off day, obviously. I woke up with soreness in my calves Thursday's workout, and my back was a bit tight and sore from yesterday. The back muscles felt hard also. I was out of my house from 10:30 in the morning until after 7, but I still managed to have a good eating day. Fortunately, my BB.com order came and I just ordered yesterday so now I have a 2 tubs of two different proteins. Tomorrow is an off day also, if my calves aren't as sore I'll play some basketball in the morning before work.

vCash
    Meal 1: Glass of Chocolate Milk, Scoop of Muscle Provider, Kashi Cereal, and a Link of Chicken Sausage (58 g/protein), 560 calories.
    Last edited by MTone8788; 09-19-2010 at 10:47 AM.

vCash
    Meal 2: The rest of my buffalo chicken pizza (60 g/protein), 690 calories

vCash
    Meal 3: Turkey and Slender American on Whole Wheat (50 g/protein), 500 Calories

vCash
    Meal 4: 2 Scoops of Muscle Provider (42 g/protein), 220 calories.

vCash
    Meal 5: Whole Wheat Gnocchi in Vodka Sauce with Chicken (60 g/protein), 795 calories

vCash
    A Scoop of Ultimate Muscle Protein before bed (20 g/protein), 120 calories and I'm done!

Today's Total- Around 290 g/protein and over 3,000 calories.

vCash
    Day 7: Off Day

This morning I played basketball for bit. I didn't run too hard most of the time though, wasn't too into it. I feel like I did well this week for what I want to do. I ate a good amount, worked out hard in the gym and I am eager for this coming week. Today was also my off day for Pink Magic. I'm looking forward to how I feel in the gym tomorrow for my second chest day on this new routine.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast