Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MTone8788 View Post
    Day 4: Triceps, Shoulders, & Calves

Dumbbell Shoulder Press (40's-45's-45's)
    Dumbbell Arnold Press (35's-35's-35's)
    Smith Shoulder Press
    Seated Incline Dumbbell Front Raises (25's-25's-25's)
    Dumbbell Side Raises (20's-25's-25's)
    Reverse Delt Dumbbell Raises (20's-20's-20's)
    Cable Reverse Delt Pulls
    Incline Bench Dumbbell Side Raises

Close Grip Bench (95-125-135-145)
    Skullcrushers (50-60-60)
    Dips (BW, BW, BW+25, BW+25)
    Cable Pushdowns (110-120-120)
    Overhead Rope Extension (40-50-60)
    Single Arm Pull Downs (30-30-30)

Calf Raises on Leg Press Machine Superset with Stand Calf Raises (4 sets, 20 reps each exercise)

Had a great burn throughout my shoulder routine. My rest periods were short throughout my entire workout. This has been the easiest day thus far, still difficult nonetheless, but very enjoyable. I don't know if many people do, but I love the calf burning.

Love It!!!
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post

Love It!!!
    Thank you, thank you!

Meal 1: Chocolate Milk, Turkey Sausage, Egg Whites, and Whole Wheat Toast (45 g/protein), 625 calories

Time for workith.

vCash
    Meal 2: Subway Buffalo Chicken Footlong on Whole Wheat with Provolone (50+ g/protein), 800+ calories
    Last edited by MTone8788; 09-17-2010 at 10:51 AM.

vCash
    Post Workout: Afterglow and Chocolate Milk (47.5 g/protein), 635 calories

vCash
    Meal 3: Buffalo Chicken Breast on Whole Wheat Toast (48 g/protein), 420 calories.

vCash
    Day 5: Back, Hamstrings, & Abs

Barbell Deadlifts
    Single Arm Dumbbell Rows (60-65-70)
    Lat Pulldowns, 3 sets front, 3 sets back
    Close Grip Pull Downs
    Reverse Grip Pull Downs
    Barbell Pullovers (50-60-60)
    Barbell Shrugs
    Smith Behind the Back Shrugs

Hamstrings Curls for 4 sets

Weighted Hanging Leg Raises (20 lbs) for 3 sets Superset with Cable Crunches (180-190-180) Superset with Bicycle Crunches
    Torso Rotations (180-180-180)

So, some of these back exercises were new to me. I've never did the behind the neck variation of pulldowns, they felt good. I went light on the barbell pullovers because it was my first time and I want to get the form and motion down properly. I've done shrugs, but never with a barbell. I'm going to need gloves or something, it makes my calluses ache like a ***** during the set.

Overall, I had a good workout. My back is a bit sore, I'm sure I'll feel it more tomorrow.

vCash
    Dont get gloves, it weakens your grip, buy straps instead, they are like 10-15 bucks for a good pair. Don't buy the cheap ones from Modells for 3 or 4 bucks, they rip over time.

The one's I have I got from Sports Authority, they are black and have a cushion support on the inside so you don't damage your wrists.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    Dont get gloves, it weakens your grip, buy straps instead, they are like 10-15 bucks for a good pair. Don't buy the cheap ones from Modells for 3 or 4 bucks, they rip over time.

The one's I have I got from Sports Authority, they are black and have a cushion support on the inside so you don't damage your wrists.
    Will do, thank you.

vCash
    Went out for dinner...

Meal 4: French Onion Soup, Garlic Crostinis with a shrimp and crabmeat cheese dip (amazing), and Chicken with Spinach, Tomato and Mozzarella. A little bit of couscous and gnocchi

vCash
    Day 5: Back, Hamstrings, & Abs

Barbell Deadlifts
    Single Arm Dumbbell Rows (60-65-70)
    Lat Pulldowns, 3 sets front, 3 sets back
    Close Grip Pull Downs
    Reverse Grip Pull Downs
    Barbell Pullovers (50-60-60)
    Barbell Shrugs
    Smith Behind the Back Shrugs

Hamstrings Curls for 4 sets

Weighted Hanging Leg Raises (20 lbs) for 3 sets Superset with Cable Crunches (180-190-180) Superset with Bicycle Crunches
    Torso Rotations (180-180-180)

So, some of these back exercises were new to me. I've never did the behind the neck variation of pulldowns., they felt good I went light on the barbell pullovers because it was my first time and I want to get the form and motion down properly. I've done shrugs, but never with a barbell. I'm going to need gloves or something, it makes my calluses ache like a ***** during the set.

Overall, I had a good workout. My back is a bit sore, I'm sure I'll feel it more tomorrow.
    I'd recommend this being the first...and last time you do this exercise.
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    I'd recommend this being the first...and last time you do this exercise.
    Why is that

vCash
    It just really isn't a good exercise for your shoulders. It really puts a lot of strain on your rotator cuff and surrounding muscles that really isn't necessary. Also, you are most likely sticking your head forward and you really want to prevent having forward head postual deviations.

It does work the back well, but its no more effective then a standard pulldown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    It just really isn't a good exercise for your shoulders. It really puts a lot of strain on your rotator cuff and surrounding muscles that really isn't necessary. Also, you are most likely sticking your head forward and you really want to prevent having forward head postual deviations.

It does work the back well, but its no more effective then a standard pulldown.
    I positioned myself as far up on the machine as possible so the motion was straight down and I didn't have to strain my neck, felt comfortable. I've read that it can be bad for your rotator cuffs, but any exercise dealing with weight lifting can be harmful if you lack proper form or put your body parts in awkward positions and/or movements... Maybe I'll stick to only front pulldowns though.

vCash
    I positioned myself as far up on the machine as possible so the motion was straight down and I didn't have to strain my neck, felt comfortable. I've read that it can be bad for your rotator cuffs, but any exercise dealing with weight lifting can be harmful if you lack proper form or put your body parts in awkward positions and/or movements... Maybe I'll stick to only front pulldowns though.
    Yes any exercise can be dangerous, but some more then others.

And even with sitting all the way up on the machine, there is still some added rotation on the shoulders.

vCash
    Chocolate Milk (11 g/protein), 170 calories and I think I'm off to bed...

Today's Total- 255+ g/protein and +3,250 calories (could be a few hundred more, not sure exactly for dinner but I estimated atleast 600, it's probably a lot more though)

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast