Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

M's sign oft-injured Bedard to another 1-year deal

http://blog.seattlepi.com/baseball/archives/230458.asp

Worth a gamble. Great trade for the O's when they dealt this guy.
    Last edited by baseballguy247; 12-03-2010 at 03:03 PM.
    MLB Stadiums: 12-30
    Sorry everyone i am a POOR SPELLER

Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    I can't believe people think he is on roids. You must be the same people that actually think OJ Simpson was guilty.

guys a waste of talent...tooo bad

Ian. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballguy247 View Post

Not nearly as great a trade as it seemed since Jones hasn't quite developed fully, but still robbery. **** you Bavasi.

It is reassuring that it's not a guaranteed deal.

Jesus ****ing Christ!

This guy has ****ing **** the bed since landing in Seattle!

the O's got jones, tillman and George Sherrill in that deal not to bad. Sherrill had a good season after the trade if i remember correctly. tillman was a top rated prospect.
    MLB Stadiums: 12-30
    Sorry everyone i am a POOR SPELLER

Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    I can't believe people think he is on roids. You must be the same people that actually think OJ Simpson was guilty.

Its sad really. I always liked Bedard when he was with the O's, he showcased CY Young caliber stuff, but even in B-more he was always hurt. He could never catch a break.

such a watse bedard was. all the talent in the world and nothing has come from him
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

Ian. Guest
    the O's got jones, tillman and George Sherrill in that deal not to bad. Sherrill had a good season after the trade if i remember correctly. tillman was a top rated prospect.
    Yeah, Jones is a MLB starter, Sherrill had a few good seasons as well. Tillman can be a starter but Tony Butler didn't do anything and Kam Mickolio hasn't been up enough to provide value.

The trade is still a bad trade, don't get me wrong. But it's not nearly as bad as it was a few years ago.

^Oppurtunity Cost

And I like this deal. Non guaranteed for a guy like Bedard? You take that all day.

Good gamble by the M's. If Bedard can turn it around thatll be a good investment for them.

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

If he can stay healthy great signing for us, We rehabbed him we should get something out of him although im not expecting to much. Im not to mad as i was about the Jones trade back then but we got a great CF so i don't really care anymore.

The Shin Shoo Choo trade was the worst one this was bad but not on that level.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 12-03-2010 at 04:55 PM.

Seattle just want to get some value in the trade. The M's are just hoping he can stay healthy for one season. M's got robbed in that deal and the Shin Shoo Choo deal

The Future is NOW!

i thinkk its a goodd move cus even though he's been injured several times, he's always bouncedd backk an showedd why he's worth tha riskk, it jus suckks that he always manages to get injured again, dude has some badd luckk. but it's hardd to leave this kind of talent on tha market when you can jus sign him to an incentive based contract. if he never got injured he'd be a HOF pitcher cus he's got some dominant stuff an very good command

The details of the contract benefit the Mariners, so I think it is a good move. If it works out, Z will look like a genius. If not, then it is what everyone will suspect and the Mariners aren't going to lose out on much.

Hell yea, they got back an A prospect who is ready to blow up with Buck next year

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast