Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    People have to start to realize just because you have a legal constitutional right to do something (burn a flag, burn a bible, burn a Koran, tell somebody their baby is ugly) doesnt mean it is the right thing to do. We all have the legal right to do some nasty things. That doesnt mean we should do them. Do the right thing.
    100% agree. Some of these nasty things that we have the "right" to do just create more hatred and conflict.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    100% agree. Some of these nasty things that we have the "right" to do just create more hatred and conflict.
    Like Jews being able to practice their religion freely, women wearing shorts, and the clitoris.

All things which piss Islamic extremists off, and contribute to violence around the world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll
    All things which piss Islamic extremists off, and contribute to violence around the world.
    And, consequently, should be immediately banned apparently.

It's f**king ******** thinking to not do something because some group will get violent because of it. The problem lies with the group who'd think violence is the proper response, not with the people exercising their Constitutional right, even if it's something amazingly stupid like burning a Koran, or building a Mosque/Cultural Center/whatever 200ft. from Ground Zero.
    "If [Republicans] were around when Columbus set sail, they must have been founding members of the Flat Earth Society." -- Pres. Barack Obama

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgersFan28 View Post
    And, consequently, should be immediately banned apparently.

It's f**king ******** thinking to not do something because some group will get violent because of it. The problem lies with the group who'd think violence is the proper response, not with the people exercising their Constitutional right, even if it's something amazingly stupid like burning a Koran, or building a Mosque/Cultural Center/whatever 200ft. from Ground Zero.
    Who says Quran burning is banned in this country?

Also, it's not just radical Islamists who are angry. Regular, everyday Muslims object to it as well.

What I'm wondering is why do people object to folks burning a Quran? I do not care if you burn your Mets merchandise, that's your own property.
    That leads to me asking, where were they going to get their Qurans from? Were they going to buy a bunch of Qurans just so they can burn them?

vCash
    I wonder, are Muslims offended when they get a hotel room and find a bible inside the room?

vCash
    I wonder if all who wonder why Muslims of moderate sensibilities would be offended greatly by the burning of the Qur'an would be surprised if moderate Jews were greatly offended by the burning of the Torahs in a Christian country, and would be surprised by moderate Christians be offended greatly by the burning of Christian bibles in a predominantly Muslim country?

I wonder about all who say a Mosque should not be built 2 blocks from where the Twin Towers once stood, would say the same about a church or a Hindu temple?

I wonder about the people who feel that this country was created by people who fled religious persecution, and now feel that it is okay to treat a religion in a second class position.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    I wonder if all who wonder why Muslims of moderate sensibilities would be offended greatly by the burning of the Qur'an would be surprised if moderate Jews were greatly offended by the burning of the Torahs in a Christian country, and would be surprised by moderate Christians be offended greatly by the burning of Christian bibles in a predominantly Muslim country?

I wonder about all who say a Mosque should not be built 2 blocks from where the Twin Towers once stood, would say the same about a church or a Hindu temple?

I wonder about the people who feel that this country was created by people who fled religious persecution, and now feel that it is okay to treat a religion in a second class position.
    I don't wonder why Muslims would be offended, I just don't care that they are. I fully realize that burning a Qur'an will offend them.

About the church or hindu temple.....it wasn't hindu extremists that brought the tower down. That point would probably be moot.

It is not okay to treat religion in a second class position. It deserves the same position as anything else. If you can burn a flag, but not a Qur'an....you've elevated the Qur'an above the flag

Doing some investi-googling, I found a story from 2009. A North Carolina preacher was planning to burn versions of the Bible he didn't agree with and felt were "satanic". I can't find if he went through with it or not, but remember the firestorm that that event caused? Me neither.
    Last edited by gcoll; 09-12-2010 at 04:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gcoll View Post
    I don't wonder why Muslims would be offended, I just don't care that they are. I fully realize that burning a Qur'an will offend them.

About the church or hindu temple.....it wasn't hindu extremists that brought the tower down. That point would probably be moot.

It is not okay to treat religion in a second class position. It deserves the same position as anything else. If you can burn a flag, but not a Qur'an....you've elevated the Qur'an above the flag

Doing some investi-googling, I found a story from 2009. A North Carolina preacher was planning to burn versions of the Bible he didn't agree with and felt were "satanic". I can't find if he went through with it or not, but remember the firestorm that that event caused? Me neither.
    The point about the extremists would mean that it would be okay, not legally right, but acceptable, to burn anybodies symbol of faith based on the extremist? Of course not. And yet, I keep reading about it was Muslim extremists that did it. Well duh! That fails to impress me that all or most Muslims in the United States should be treated as second class citizens.

The point about one Christian minister planning to burn a version of the Bible is really not on point, because it is more akin to the....I can call my brother a (fill in the blank with some kind of expletive)but you don't have that same right.

Finally, I don't think is right to burn the flag, never did, although it is legal, so, your flag v anything is wasted on me and most others. I really don't think it is right to act in that manner, never did.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123