Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Was Larry Bird concerned about stats too much?

Last edited by bahama0811; 09-06-2010 at 11:50 AM.

vCash
    ya but as long as he won championships it doesnt matter whether he was a stat freak or not.

vCash
    Everyone cares about their stats to a point, even more when they are in there prime. Stats=Money.

But, this quote is taking out of context. Wasn't this from the "Lebron" Talk. He is simply saying he wanted to be better than Magic. Whatever Magic did, he wanted to top it.

vCash
    all Bird cared about was winning. You could see it in his face, and hear it come from his mouth.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    The guy was the ultimate team player. 3 Champs and 5 total appearances in the finals speak for Bird.

vCash
    Definitely. It hampered him on his way to the ROY award, 3 NBA championships, 3 regular season MVP's, a consensus top 5 player of all time and one of the greatest athletic competitors to ever live.

Andray Blatche much?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDzRvZcFn48

Same player, in my opinion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULvo7__wwBU

Your threads are full of win "Dr. J>You". Keep 'em coming, man!

vCash
    Will Lebron do the same - look up and watch Wade`s stats ?

vCash
    All I got out of that was that Bird wanted to be better than Magic....

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Wait, did I miss something?

Correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't it say,
    "The first thing I would do every morning was look at the boxscores to see what MAGIC did. I didn't care about anything else"
    At what point does it say anything about Bird being concerned about his own stats? He wanted to see how well his biggest rival played, no harm in that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalifa21 View Post

At what point does it say anything about Bird being concerned about his own stats? He wanted to see how well his biggest rival played, no harm in that.
    Looking at the OP's post and title, at what point does he say that Bird was concerned about his own stats? Ahhh

vCash
    its called having a rivalry with someone...something thats sadly lost in this generation of nba players

vCash
    Amazing. Did it really take so few years for Bird's image to be confused? I go back to 1965 watching games (about '70 before I really got it all), and you can't name 10 regulars since then that were obsessed about team more then Bird.

Did you know he retired about a week before he was due millions and he turned down the GM and Ownership that wanted him to take it? If you ever saw him dive on the floor, mix it up with bigger and stronger players, or trash talk while gunning 3's maybe you would get it. It's a shame you take all the time you do on the NBA and don't know what Bird was all about - get educated - you'll thank yourself later.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalifa21 View Post

Yes which mean he was concerned with what Magic did, so that he could outdo him with stats.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J>YOU View Post
    Yes which mean he was concerned with what Magic did, so that he could outdo him with stats.
    he lived for the respect of his pals at home, his teammates, and himself. he felt and will tell anyone that asks that he did not outdo Magic because of the ring count.

clearly u just don't get it. stop arguing about what you do not understand.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    I don't even think Bird cared about stats that much.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast