Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who Will Win The Pac-10?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oregon Ducks

15 48.39%
  • Oregon St. Beavers

4 12.90%
  • California Bears

1 3.23%
  • Stanford Cardinal

2 6.45%
  • Washington Huskies

1 3.23%
  • Washington St. Cougars

0 0%
  • USC Trojans

5 16.13%
  • UCLA Bruins

1 3.23%
  • Arizona Wildcats

1 3.23%
  • Arizona St. Sun Devils

1 3.23%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Who will win the Pac-10?

Who do you think takes it? Post a response as to why you believe the team you picked will win it. I will allow USC to be included even though they technically cannot win it.
    Last edited by BradyIsTheMan12; 09-05-2010 at 04:33 AM.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Oregon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    Who do you think takes it? Post a response as to why you believe the team you picked will win it. I will allow USC to be included even though they technically cannot win it.
    USC can still win the conference, they just can't go to a bowl game. However, I have my doubts USC will have enough depth due to all the scholarship losses. Oregon is loaded again, Arizona has an explosive offense and we'll know more about their defense when Iowa comes to town.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    USC can still win the conference, they just can't go to a bowl game. However, I have my doubts USC will have enough depth due to all the scholarship losses. Oregon is loaded again, Arizona has an explosive offense and we'll know more about their defense when Iowa comes to town.
    I don't think they can be recognized as Pac-10 Champs by the conference if they win, would they? I was under the impression that they can play all the games but if they won it they wouldn't go home with the Pac-10 Title Trophy anyways. You are probably right though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyistheman12 View Post
    I don't think they can be recognized as Pac-10 Champs by the conference if they win, would they? I was under the impression that they can play all the games but if they won it they wouldn't go home with the Pac-10 Title Trophy anyways. You are probably right though.
    I guess it's a matter of semantics. Everyone would know they finished in 1st place but they won't take the trophy.

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_...0-championship

vCash
    Oregon.

vCash
    I voted Oregon. It might be a somewhat biased pick, but I think they are better than everyone else right now. Schools like UCLA and Washington are probably a few years away.

vCash
    My pick is Oregon and here is why.

We have LaMichael James/Kenjon Barner/Remene Alston at running back which presents a very deep backfield that can throw different looks at the defense. Don't forget we have Dontae Williams who is a Frosh and has had a very good camp, and Lache Seastrunk the super-talented running back from Texas. Lache needs to get his head in the playbook more and quit trying to use pure speed to beat defenders though.

Then we get to our offensive line which is returning all 5 starters from a year ago. This unit will be even better this year, and the continuity won't be an issue.

The defense returns nearly every starter as well with Mathews and Bair being the anchors. We still have players like Kenny Rowe, Javes Lewis, Paysinger etc. and with the likely pluses in Boseko Lokombo and Bryson Littlejohn I fully expect this to be the best Oregon defense in a long time.

The main issue we have is quarterback however. Everyone knows we lost Masoli in the off-season because him being a knucklehead but it's not like we aren't devoid of talent. Darron Thomas is very talented, he has a strong arm and he's agile enough to get out of the pocket when needed. He won't be the quite as good as Masoli in the zone-read, but in time he will be a much better passer. With the fairly easy schedule we have starting out I expect him to mature into the job and grow each game. You give Chip Kelly time to groom a quarterback, and you will see just how much better the player will get.

To finish, we are the Champs. We lost Masoli, Dickson, Tukuafu etc. but we still have a ton of returning starters and we also have intriguing guys filling in for the departures. Teams like Arizona, USC, and OSU will definitely be right around us though, this will be a close race.

vCash
    Oregon.

"King Felix has hurled more mega quality starts since 2010 than 14 entire MLB teams."
    http://dynamik-farr.deviantart.com/

vCash
    Oregon lookin too strong this year, we taking it this year fellas.

vCash
    Oregon State or Oregon.....

Hope it comes down to civil war again.....
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash

Wink Straight homer

Stanford
    FROM ORACLE ARENA TO OLDSCHOOL CANDLESTICK PARK

vCash
    I think it might come down to the Arizona-Oregon game, just like last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KamWonder View Post
    Oregon lookin too strong this year, we taking it this year fellas.
    Is that so? They look awful against a middle of the pack SEC team right now...USC will win it but i still think the pac 10 champ will have atleast 2 conference losses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LADTXR View Post
    Is that so? They look awful against a middle of the pack SEC team right now...USC will win it but i still think the pac 10 champ will have atleast 2 conference losses.
    Yeah, about that. Oregon's looking pretty good up 41-13.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast