Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Personally, I believe that Tomas Kopecky is the 'Hawk most primed for a breakout year.

Not only will he start the year on a line with Hossa and Towes, but Q says he'll also see time on the power play.

I know this wasn't asked, but my pick for "Most Disappointing" is Kyle Beach. If there's one thing the pre-season has shown me, it's that the guy has the hockey IQ of a 1st year pee-wee....all psyched that he finally gets to throw his weight around, but not a damn clue as to what the rest of the game's supposed to be about. Plus, he's a terrible skater.

vCash
    ^^^ Nice call on both. Kopecky seemed to gain another step during the Olympics last year. Finally played with some passion and a sense of urgency. He continued through the rest of the season and has during the preseason so far.

As many know...I am not a fan of Beach at all.

vCash
    i think nick leddy has the potential for a breakout year but it all depends about this first month with campbell out. If he impresses on the powerplay i wouldn't be surprised if he takes hendry or boynton's spot

vCash
    Morin and Leddy being NHL ready, or at least as close as they are, is of breakout quality for me..

vCash
    I would have to say the currently listed bottom three left wingers would be great candidates for this. Those being Bickell, Stalberg, and Brouwer.

vCash
    Definitely Kopecky should step it up this year, as him playing with Toews and Hossa looked pretty good.

and like Moose said, Leddy has the chance while Campbell is sidelined to really show what hes got. Playing with the hammer will help him as he will be able to start some rushes and we wont be screwed if he pinches.

lets do this tonight! hot damn im excited

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    I would have to say the currently listed bottom three left wingers would be great candidates for this. Those being Bickell, Stalberg, and Brouwer.
    I've seen too many conflicting lines so far. All I'm sure of is:

Kopecky-Toews-Hossa
    ???-Sharp-Kane

vCash
    Im pretty sure its Pasani after the way he played in the pre-season. But that is just what i've seen and could be totally off.

Rockford, pit stop on the road to being champions.

vCash
    Im bringing this forum up because I thin k its interesting to see what everyone had said.

Also, I like my prediction of Jonathan Toews
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    Bickell could put in a 20/20 season and already has 36 points with his +7. Not that it's a huge breakout but a much needed secondary presence. He's also 3rd on the team in hits behind Seabs and Brouwer. All of which are about 60 hits ahead of Dowell in 4th.

I think Sharp is the break out player though. We all knew he was good, but this season he was unreal. Kopecky has also doubled his career high in points, though he has an up tick in icetime to thank for that.

The sh-- apple doesn't fall far from the sh-- tree.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
    Bickell could put in a 20/20 season and already has 36 points with his +7. Not that it's a huge breakout but a much needed secondary presence. He's also 3rd on the team in hits behind Seabs and Brouwer. All of which are about 60 hits ahead of Dowell in 4th.

I think Sharp is the break out player though. We all knew he was good, but this season he was unreal. Kopecky has also doubled his career high in points, though he has an up tick in icetime to thank for that.
    I'll take Bickell at a cap hit of approximately .500 (for the next two years as well) any day. He is turning into a very useful third line player. He still needs to get a little more snarl for my liking.

Kopecky playing with Sharp/Hossa has had a lot to do with his points. Also, he has been seeing time on the powerplay.

Sharp has definitely been unreal this year. Love how he shoots the puck. Nothing bad ever happened from getting the puck on net...it either goes in, you have a nice juicy rebound, or you get an offensive zone faceoff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12