Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 2791 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 179122912691274127812789279027912792279328012841289132913791 ... LastLast
Results 41,851 to 41,865 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

vCash
    You guys think Morin will be called up sometime during the season right? Kind of what I'm expecting as of right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakaroach View Post
    You guys think Morin will be called up sometime during the season right? Kind of what I'm expecting as of right now.
    The cliche of not if but when applies, here. Someone will under perform (Kopecky, Stalber, Potulny, Skille) and he's already in Quenneville's mind.

Getting ice time in Rockford is the key right now, he is guaranteed minutes right now, so put him where he can log time.

vCash
    ^ that's about how I see it. In Rockford, the kid is going to be on the top 2 lines and can work on his D while logging those minutes. I fully expect him to get called up at some point (hopefully not because of injury). He is making that trade with Atlanta look even better than I thought it was at the time.

Rockford, pit stop on the road to being champions.

vCash
    This is a good news bad news situation. Great that Soup is going to be back in about 4 weeks but that is long enough to not let the Hawks make a move and force a Leddy into the lineup for significant minutes and enough time to possibly dig a hole for ourselves. I would rather have it this way but if Soup had gone down for the season, the trigger could have been pulled in a trade. Hopefully Leddy jumps in and is as good as we think he is. It's been a tough pre-season for Chicago sports with Soup and Booze both going down on the same weekend.

vCash
    I think Hammers point production is going to jump but that could suffer a bit with Soup out to start the season. I also think that Troy Brouwer is in line for a big spike in production.

vCash

Thrashers Moving Byfuglien back to Defense

I think we really won this trade...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=5649354

vCash
    Yea, TSN reported this earlier in the summer.

I don't get what the Thrashers are doing. He gets beat like a rented mule 1 on 1.

vCash
    http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com...n-waivers.html
    The Blackhawks continued to shape their roster Tuesday by putting forward Ryan Potulny and defenseman Jassen Cullimore on waivers.

Winger Jack Skille, who suffered an arm injury earlier in training camp, was on the ice for practice Tuesday and likely will play in the regular-season opener Thursday against the Avalanche in Colorado.

The Hawks' roster now stands at 22, including injured defenseman Brian Campbell.

If they clear waivers, Potulny and Cullimore would be sent to Rockford of the American Hockey League.
    Wouldn't be surprised if Potulny was grabbed at league minimum, but no surprises.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Yea, TSN reported this earlier in the summer.

I don't get what the Thrashers are doing. He gets beat like a rented mule 1 on 1.

Plus, he's a less-than-good passer and an inefficient, occasionally lazy skater....all of which lead to an ineffective defenseman that winds up either turning the puck over, or, more often than not, out of position in his own zone.

My dad and I went to the second-to-last regular season game last year at Colorado and I spent a good deal of time watching Byfuglien try to play defense. At one time during the game, I turned to my Dad and said, "if Campbell doesn't get better quick, watch out....'cause Byfuglien's a slug out there."

vCash
    Personally, I believe that Tomas Kopecky is the 'Hawk most primed for a breakout year.

Not only will he start the year on a line with Hossa and Towes, but Q says he'll also see time on the power play.

I know this wasn't asked, but my pick for "Most Disappointing" is Kyle Beach. If there's one thing the pre-season has shown me, it's that the guy has the hockey IQ of a 1st year pee-wee....all psyched that he finally gets to throw his weight around, but not a damn clue as to what the rest of the game's supposed to be about. Plus, he's a terrible skater.

vCash
    ^^^ Nice call on both. Kopecky seemed to gain another step during the Olympics last year. Finally played with some passion and a sense of urgency. He continued through the rest of the season and has during the preseason so far.

As many know...I am not a fan of Beach at all.

vCash
    i think nick leddy has the potential for a breakout year but it all depends about this first month with campbell out. If he impresses on the powerplay i wouldn't be surprised if he takes hendry or boynton's spot

vCash
    Morin and Leddy being NHL ready, or at least as close as they are, is of breakout quality for me..

vCash
    Great job on the pre-season thread, but time for a moderator to shut it down and let's get on with the discussion of the title defense. We are officially no longer Stanley Cup Champions when the puck drops, the Hawks are now defending Stanley Cup champs. Turco is going to have a lot of pressure on him this year, but he can withstand the heat.

vCash
    ^^^ Definitely, time for the real deal. Let's get some game threads set up. Don't know if we will have as much participation as last year, as it seems it has died a bit. Nonetheless, lets see where we are at.