Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

2010-11 Breakout Players

So with the season coming up I was just going through our roster and thinking with all the new players and positions to fill we could have some players that are ready to break-out and exceed expectations by quite a bit.

So who are your break-out players? I personally think Bolland and The Hammer will be even better this year.

vCash
    Brouwer!!!!!

vCash
    Stalberg.

Going from Toronto to Chicago...he has no reason NOT to improve. Looking forward to seeing him this year.

I think Bickell can also be a force to be reckoned with this year.

vCash
    Hossa. The pressure is lifted. His time has come to lead the team in scoring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom! View Post
    Stalberg.

Going from Toronto to Chicago...he has no reason NOT to improve. Looking forward to seeing him this year.

I think Bickell can also be a force to be reckoned with this year.
    Stalberg all day long! i think he is the sleeper of this team for sure!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DewsSox79 View Post
    Stalberg all day long! i think he is the sleeper of this team for sure!
    hope u are right but any leaf player to me will always suck.lol! my pick is beach...he will be a monster!!!
    STANDLEY'S COME HOME!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkhead View Post
    hope u are right but any leaf player to me will always suck.lol! my pick is beach...he will be a monster!!!
    I hope.

I am not a Beach fan (and for the record, I am not and have never been a Skille fan) but I hope both of these guys thrive. I'm a Blackhawks fan, so I'll eat crow any day if it means some wins.

I just think Beach is a moron. On top of that, I don't think he is ready for the NHL because he isn't a great skater.

Skille has all the speed in the world but he doesn't know what to do with it (or how to drive the net). He also isn't great on defense.

I get the feeling that Skille makes the team out of camp and that Beach starts in the AHL, but that he will be on call.

vCash
    ^^^^Hey Boom, not to keep piling on Tallon, but Skille/Beach were/are also two of Tallon's man crushes and especially in Skille's case, we have been waiting for that seventh overall pick for a long time.

vCash
    I think well see Toews' first 80 point season this year

I say Stalberg will be a 40-50 point guy and Im not sure who but there will be another rookie with 40-50 points as well.

vCash
    Everyone on this board has me pretty excited about Stalberg, seriously, if he scores 40-50 points, Versteeg who?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox71 View Post
    Everyone on this board has me pretty excited about Stalberg, seriously, if he scores 40-50 points, Versteeg who?
    If Stalberg cracks the top couple of lines (which I think is very possible), then I think he could score 30 playing with that kind of talent. He knows how to finish and I think on a top line that he could outscore Versteeg this season.

Not really a breakout because of his veteran status, but I expect a solid presence from Boynton in solidifying our third defense pairing as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sox71 View Post
    ^^^^Hey Boom, not to keep piling on Tallon, but Skille/Beach were/are also two of Tallon's man crushes and especially in Skille's case, we have been waiting for that seventh overall pick for a long time.
    I don't think Skille will be as potent as his draft position, but he's one of my guys to watch.. In the skating and skill puck moving style we use, I think he'll be a nice addition.

Stalberg will be exciting as well, I'm sure his jerseys will be popular with the people that thought Byfuglien was the defacto team captain..

vCash
    why is everyone on the Stalberg Bandwagon? I hope he does do good but i havnt seen this guy do anything great before

I think Skille and Bickell will do really well

vCash
    If Q goes with Kopecky-Toews-Hossa as a line, I think those three players will have career years. I say Kopecky ~40 points, Toews ~80 points and Hossa ~90 points (not a career best, but damn impressive).

On defense, I think Hendry will have a breakout year. In 43 games last season he was a +5 with 8 points. In a full season, I could see him being at least a +10 with 15 to 20 points.

vCash
    I think Hammers point production is going to jump but that could suffer a bit with Soup out to start the season. I also think that Troy Brouwer is in line for a big spike in production.

Rockford, pit stop on the road to being champions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast