Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Braves duo

5 50.00%
  • Marlins duo

5 50.00%
    vCash

Heyward/Freeman vs Stanton/Morrison

Both young rookie duos for the Braves and Marlins respectively. Both these duos are going to be giving NL pitching nightmares for seasons to come. If you had to pick between them, which duo would you pick and why?

HEAT
    Spurs
    Marlins
    Dolphins
    Eagles
    Gators

vCash
    marlins
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    What about Sanchez?
    Props to MetsLegacy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ritz View Post
    What about Sanchez?
    He'll likely play 1b for a long time down here...Morrison will likely stay in LF.

vCash
    Not sure you can make this comparison yet. Being Morrison has had very little time in the major league and Freemen made his debut yesterday. If you look at there minor league numbers for this season I'd give the nod to Freemen but just by a bit. Morrison has hit .313/.424/.502/.925 with 6 HRs in 73 games in AAA and A+, Freeman has hit .319/.378/.521/.898 with 18 HRs in 124 games in AAA. He also playing in the IL league where as Morrison was in the PCL league. Morrison had a better plate awareness with walking more then striking out though. Between Stanton and Heyward you have to go with Jason. He is hitting much better than Stanton and has a very good plate awareness.
    Stanton will probably hit more HRs then Heyward, but he will beat him in all the other categories.

vCash
    Heyward and freeman
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Not sure you can make this comparison yet. Being Morrison has had very little time in the major league and Freemen made his debut yesterday. If you look at there minor league numbers for this season I'd give the nod to Freemen but just by a bit. Morrison has hit .313/.424/.502/.925 with 6 HRs in 73 games in AAA and A+, Freeman has hit .319/.378/.521/.898 with 18 HRs in 124 games in AAA. He also playing in the IL league where as Morrison was in the PCL league. Morrison had a better plate awareness with walking more then striking out though. Between Stanton and Heyward you have to go with Jason. He is hitting much better than Stanton and has a very good plate awareness.
    Stanton will probably hit more HRs then Heyward, but he will beat him in all the other categories.
    Not sure how you can quote those numbers then give Freeman the advantage...

As for Stanton vs Heyward it's definitely Heyward now, but IMO Stanton will be better...Better in the field, more power etc...

Get him a full season then the comparison will be much closer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by footballer2369 View Post

As for Stanton vs Heyward it's definitely Heyward now, but IMO Stanton will be better...Better in the field, more power etc...

It is too early to compare Morrison and Freeman.

I don't really know how you can say that Stanton will pass Heyward in the future when they are both the same age and Heyward is better now and on a better trajectory for the future. Stanton will likely have more power, but Heyward is projected to be better in virtually every other category.

Either way, I think they will both be great duos for the next several years in the NL east and it will be an exciting rivalry to watch develop - especially with the Phillies getting older and the Mets being the Mets.

vCash
    He'll likely play 1b for a long time down here...Morrison will likely stay in LF.
    I wasn't sure what Morrison's ceiling was, but I was gonna say that I think it'd be hard for the Marlins to justify getting rid of Sanchez.

Too bad the Mets don't have a young OFer in the bigs now doing well since you could throw whoever they would be and Ike Davis in the mix too.
    Props to MetsLegacy

vCash

The numbers show they are very close, but Freeman played in a tougher league and played more games. He is also 2 years younger.