Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Holtz Lisp View Post
    According to ...? He has lit up AAA this year and is red hot lately.
    He's never had a BB% higher then 8.8% and a K% lower 12.8%. with most of the time it being higher then 15%. Also the only seasons/levels he's been good he had a pretty high BABIP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robdizzle3 View Post
    Freeman looks to be a really good ballplayer. He has alot of pwer or should I say power potential and he hits for average. Either some of these guys dont know who Freeman is or they're just trying to piss of Lou, but Freeman is a baller.
    More then likely he flames out.

vCash
    Freeman looks to be a really good ballplayer. He has alot of pwer or should I say power potential and he hits for average. Either some of these guys dont know who Freeman is or they're just trying to piss of Lou, but Freeman is a baller.
    Thanks, I really wish the mods would pic up on them harrasing me and do something.. Robdizzle what do you think Freemans ceiling is?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou Holtz Lisp View Post
    Thanks, I really wish the mods would pic up on them harrasing me and do something.. Robdizzle what do you think Freemans ceiling is?
    You made a thread about a Braves minor leaguer in the major league forum. It will offer no real discussion, except from Braves fans or minor league fans. So it should go in one of those forums. This harassing is nothing to whine about.

I'd say it's a bit of both. We don't know who he is, nor care.. So we are pissing him off.

vCash
    damn what happened??? so many deleted posts it made my head hurt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsLegacy View Post
    AAA =/= MLB.

In case you didn't know, Mike Hessman, Mike Jacobs and many others do extremely well in AAA>
    They don't do extremely well in AAA. Hessman at age 31 still K's around 100 times more then he walks. Freeman at age 20 has a pretty good plate awareness, has power and hits for AVG.

He isn't a Phenom, but he should become a solid 1B man.

vCash
    He has a very high ceiling. i can see this guy maybe having the most violent/disgusting looking swings ever!

he basically swings in an upward motion, in the complete opposite direction of the field. it resembles him attacking the catcher with a hammer.

he will definitely rock a diamond sombrero next game, because he is such a legend. maybe he'll get a walk just so the catcher doesnt get hurt with his ice picking swing.
    Last edited by Mane; 09-01-2010 at 08:43 PM.

vCash
    He went 0-3 with a K on the night. He had two well hit balls straight to 2nd, but the Mets had the shift on him both times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    He has a very high ceiling. i can see this guy maybe having the most violent/disgusting looking swings ever!

he basically swings in an upward motion, in the complete opposite direction of the field. it resembles him attacking the catcher with a hammer.

he will definitely rock a diamond sombrero next game, because he is such a legend. maybe he'll get a walk just so the catcher doesnt get hurt with his ice picking swing.
    I approve of this post...very good post lol.

vCash
    He just looks like a scary human being this guy. He's monstrous. Anyway, he hit .248 with no power in 41 games in AA to end 2009 before being called up to AAA for 2010 where he hit .319, the highest number he has put up since high school probably.

Looks like a flame out candidate to me. I dont think he has the power to support the low batting average he will likely put up as a full time big leaguer. Certainly not a phenom but he could end up as a Lyle Overbay type hitter without the defence. Solid major leaguer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    You made a thread about a Braves minor leaguer in the major league forum. It will offer no real discussion, except from Braves fans or minor league fans. So it should go in one of those forums. This harassing is nothing to whine about.
    The Braves minor leaguer just so happens to be a top 20 prospect (according to BA) and just so happened to be called up to majors. I think its a fair discussion to see what other people think of this kid and predict what kind of career he is going to have.

Just because you choose to remain ignorant and choose to be an *** for no other reason than just to be an ***, doesnt mean the discussion wasnt valid.

Its quite simple really. If you dont like the topic, simply dont bother reading it. Obviously thats a bit hard for a twat like you though, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    I'd say it's a bit of both. We don't know who he is, nor care.. So we are pissing him off.
    Ignorance is bliss, isnt it kid? How pathetic.
    Last edited by Red-Herring; 09-10-2010 at 10:53 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McJoe View Post
    He just looks like a scary human being this guy. He's monstrous. Anyway, he hit .248 with no power in 41 games in AA to end 2009 before being called up to AAA for 2010 where he hit .319, the highest number he has put up since high school probably.

Looks like a flame out candidate to me. I dont think he has the power to support the low batting average he will likely put up as a full time big leaguer. Certainly not a phenom but he could end up as a Lyle Overbay type hitter without the defence. Solid major leaguer.
    You guys are off your rocker.

First off, Freeman is probably the best defensive first basemen in the entire minor leagues.

Second, his ceiling is is easily comparable to that off Joey Votto.

Third, the kid is still only 20 years old and putting up the following numbers against competition that is much older than him in AAA:

.319 / .378 / .521 / .898 w/ 18 hr / 87 rbi / 48 bb / 6 sb

http://www.baseball-reference.com/mi...d=freema002fre

More info on Freeman to help clue you all in:

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-braves-...emans-arrival/

Hope this helps!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123