Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Josh Johnson could be done for Season; visiting Dr Kaplan Wed.

JJ to visit Dr. Kaplan
    Pitching woes are piling up for the Marlins.

Now their ace is going to be out for an undetermined amount of time.

Two-time All-Star Josh Johnson is traveling to South Florida on Wednesday to have his back and shoulder examined by team physician, Dr. Lee Kaplan.

Johnson cut short a between starts bullpen session on Tuesday afternoon at Citizens Bank Park.

The 26-year-old two-time All-Star was slated to pitch on Friday against Washington at Nationals Park. Alex Sanabia now will start that game.

"The priority here is to make sure JJ is fine," Marlins manager Edwin Rodriguez said. "He's going to see Dr. Kaplan tomorrow. We're going to check his back and his shoulder. We want to make sure everything is alright with him."
    http://joefrisaro.mlblogs.com/archiv...dr_kaplan.html

Another major blow to the Marlins, who were longshots to make the playoffs, but even more so now. In the past month, these are the players the Marlins have lost for the season:
    -Chris Coghlan (knee)
    -John Baker (elbow)
    -Ronnie Paulino(suspension)
    -Ricky Nolasco(knee)
    -Donnie Murphy(wrist)
    -Brett Hayes(shoulder)

This injury will also remove Johnson from further CY Young considerations.

HEAT
    Spurs
    Marlins
    Dolphins
    Eagles
    Gators

Bad news for the Marlins, hate to see a good young player go down really hope JJ doesn't have some sort of major problem when he visits the doctor

Quote Originally Posted by idrinkpepsi View Post
    Bad news for the Marlins, hate to see a good young player go down really hope JJ doesn't have some sort of major problem when he visits the doctor
    "We are more concerned about his back than his shoulder. We want to make sure everything is all right with him,' manager Edwin Rodriguez said.
    This made me feel a little bit better. But still very concerning anytime a young pitcher has to go see the doctors.

HEAT
    Spurs
    Marlins
    Dolphins
    Eagles
    Gators

Quote Originally Posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
    This made me feel a little bit better. But still very concerning anytime a young pitcher has to go see the doctors.
    Good point. Beast of a pitcher, hate to see him go down (except maybe of exhaustion when he has to play the Rockies lol)
    Time for some hootenanny.

Absolutely sucks. I love JJ, one of the best pitchers in the game and he's still very young. Shoulder is always a scary injury, but hopefully it's nothing serious and they are just taking a precaution since the fish are basically out of it. Get well soon Josh!

aww man i was starting to like the guy more and more too one of the young up and coming pitchers in the game..Sucks for my fantasy team to in the midst of a playoff run my best pitchesr gone
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

just shut him down and let him come back strong next season
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

kills my fantasy team

Quote Originally Posted by MooseWithFleas View Post
    Absolutely sucks. I love JJ, one of the best pitchers in the game and he's still very young. Shoulder is always a scary injury, but hopefully it's nothing serious and they are just taking a precaution since the fish are basically out of it. Get well soon Josh!
    Couldn't have said it any better myself.
    Props to MetsLegacy

I am glad they are taking such precautions. JJ is a top pitcher in the game and one of my overall favorite pitchers in the league... He might not win the cy now but I fully expect him to make up for that with a few of them over his career. Best of luck JJ... really smart move by the marlins here.

#Marlins say Josh Johnson has right shouolder inflammation and mid-back strain. Dr found no structural damage. No word yet on next start
    http://twitter.com/joecapMARLINS

HEAT
    Spurs
    Marlins
    Dolphins
    Eagles
    Gators

bye josh
    .................................................. ..................................

The Marlins should shut him down for this year there is no need to take such a risk with such a young animal that Josh is.